• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"Historic Gift"

monte is a character said:
AZGrizFan said:
havgrizfan said:
Brint, do you know if initial plans are done for what's going to be on the inside of the building? I mean yes, we know what the building will house, but I'm curious to know if UM has gone as far as designs and components for the team locker room, team weight room, ect?

My hope is, even if more money is needed to be raised through this process, there are NO shortcuts. I'm hoping they go as all-out as possible with this project because for one, a football ops building is a game-changer for any already solid to great program, and it's HUGE game-changer for a Big Sky/FCS program. Secondly, it's a building that at some point, way off in the future, that will need to be renovated with modern amenities and such (like 20-30 years from it's opening), so putting the best of the best in it now, gives its sustainability a much longer life. I'm not suggesting it needs to be the extravagance of Oregon or even Wazzu's brand new football ops building, but it certainly needs to be what I would call "plush".

I think the word you're looking for there is "elite". :thumb:

Let me get this straight now, so that the apologists can get their ammo ready in advance. So, you are saying that, once we finish the new athletic facility, and we still don't win our conference, nor advance far into the playoffs.......we will still be an elite program??? We have been hearing the lack-of-facility excuse now since our program went downhill. With that excuse being blown up, what will be the next one?

You're pathetic. I was making a joke, given the ridiculous thread dedicated to dissecting whether or not Montana is an "elite" program. The fact that you don't get that speaks volumes about your intelligence level.

Please honor PR's request that he receive no excessive congratulatory thank you's, grand huzzahs, emails, naming rights, or champagne gifts when the $7 million gift is announced Saturday.

I do not want to think about the schmeckle nuzzling that will be going on with Player in that group of people.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
hopefully they thought of the acoustics of the echoing sound from the NEZ, lots of glass and cement surfaces! :thumb:
Certainly it will block the late season sun and make it COLD.

Sweet. A Champions Center... I'm officially in favor of a move to the Mountain West if they'll have us. And I can't see why they wouldn't.

Go Griz!

yellowstone60 said:
Missoula is not only fortunate to have Washington Corporation HQ'd here which provides many good paying jobs / big revenue to the community / Montana, but also the support given to Grizzly athletics. This is a Missoula family taking care of it's own. :clap:
Butte is also not only fortunate to have the Washington Corporation - Montana Recources, which provides many good paying jobs / big revenue to the community / Montana. Butte is a Griz town, so we win (as the whole state does) with this giant donation as well. They are a proud Montana family taking care of student-athletes and fans from all over. Their philanthropic blessings continue, I am so thankful. :thumb:

I am thankful for their past smaller donations to worthy organizations in Butte, statewide, and beyond. 150 million has done a lot of good. :clap:

Back