• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Bad Will Gregoreks Defense Be This Year?

PlayARapEs post is total BS there are multitudes of former players that think he is a bad guy and an even worse DC.

Scumbag was mentioned and with his incredibly checkered past sounds about right. You must really dig the naughty gals!

Stitt has spoken very highly of the Griz defense, which is a product of coach G, and specifically stated our defense will likely be the best we face all year, and Stitt doesn't seem one to throw around empty praise....if that isn't a good endorsement, I don't know what is. The pressure is really on the offense, imo.

Alaska Griz said:
Stitt has spoken very highly of the Griz defense, which is a product of coach G, and specifically stated our defense will likely be the best we face all year, and Stitt doesn't seem one to throw around empty praise....if that isn't a good endorsement, I don't know what is. The pressure is really on the offense, imo.

Agreed, AK. I have far more concern with the offense at this point.

You can't take anything Alpha says as serious. He still maintains that Hauck was a piss poor coach, despite unparalleled success.

ranco said:
You can't take anything Alpha says as serious. He still maintains that Hauck was a piss poor coach, despite unparalleled success.
Yeah he lit it up at UNLV, anyone can win at UM look at Delaney

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
ranco said:

Don't agree with you about TG, although the point you make in this post is valid.

I think Hauck was an average coach and his time at UNLV demonstrated so. It is not easy for an average coach to win when he doesn't have a sizable talent edge over his opponents.

ranco said:

Yup, Hauck left the bar so high at UNLV that they replaced him with a high school coach !! If Coach Sanchez recruits half of his Bishop Gorman team, he probably would have a chance to finish in the upper half of the conference.

Lakerhater said:
ranco said:

Yup, Hauck left the bar so high at UNLV that they replaced him with a high school coach !! If Coach Sanchez recruits half of his Bishop Gorman team, he probably would have a chance to finish in the upper half of the conference.

Nobody has or will win consistently at UNLV. Hauck recruited the best talent and did nothing but win while at Montana. Can't argue with that.

ranco said:
Lakerhater said:
ranco said:

Nobody has or will win consistently at UNLV. Hauck recruited the best talent and did nothing but win while at Montana. Can't argue with that.

Ranco, but is it unparalleled success.

ranco said:
Lakerhater said:
ranco said:

Nope, not arguing, agreeing. UNLV, similar to Wyoming.......where moving-up head coaching aspirations go to die.

Alaska Griz said:

why wouldn't he speak highly of the Griz defense as a new coach......especially since he is bringing in a whole new offense and coaching style...........this is about all we can swallow at a time.

stitts is thinking of the level that he has brought to his previous program..........so the defense would need to be bought up to the same standard........were we there last season???
it should be a whole new experience now that the entire dynamics have changed over last year.
good luck TY.....and we should actually see if you have the stuff to coach your side of the ball to compliment the stitt's offense.
the first game is going to be quite the test.

mtgrizrule said:
.... For those of you not agreeing with alpha, he has consistently emphasized he looks beyond the conference. He looks at how the GRIZ stack up nationally. For him to give credit to any 1 side of the ball, they have to deliver in the playoffs!!! To be honest, for each of us our outlook and opinion all depends on what we each of us are satisfied with?

I don't expect Alpha to give out participation awards, kudos, recognition, etc until the GRIZ once again prove to get the job done in the post season. To be honest with you, with the dry spell between national championships, I agree with him....
This is a good post & the more I think about it, AG1 is a true fan, playing the Devil's Advocate, altho some of his posts in this thread suggest he's had a little too much to drink!!

Don't defenses usually dominate offenses in scrimmages? Especially with a defense that is "one of the best we'll see all year" going against a whole new offense?

The defense with Gregorak will have everyone scratching their heads again.

And I'm guessing we won't see Gregorak running half way on to the field after every tackle for loss next year.

Alpha's right.

Grizzoola said:
mtgrizrule said:
.... For those of you not agreeing with alpha, he has consistently emphasized he looks beyond the conference. He looks at how the GRIZ stack up nationally. For him to give credit to any 1 side of the ball, they have to deliver in the playoffs!!! To be honest, for each of us our outlook and opinion all depends on what we each of us are satisfied with?

I don't expect Alpha to give out participation awards, kudos, recognition, etc until the GRIZ once again prove to get the job done in the post season. To be honest with you, with the dry spell between national championships, I agree with him....
This is a good post & the more I think about it, AG1 is a true fan, playing the Devil's Advocate, altho some of his posts in this thread suggest he's had a little too much to drink!!
He addresses the elephant in the room, and I think he has a legitimate post here a bout Ty.

zirge said:
Alaska Griz said:

why wouldn't he speak highly of the Griz defense as a new coach......especially since he is bringing in a whole new offense and coaching style...........this is about all we can swallow at a time.

stitts is thinking of the level that he has brought to his previous program..........so the defense would need to be bought up to the same standard........were we there last season???
it should be a whole new experience now that the entire dynamics have changed over last year.
good luck TY.....and we should actually see if you have the stuff to coach your side of the ball to compliment the stitt's offense.
the first game is going to be quite the test.

I don't think he would speak badly about the defense because he seems to be impressed with it and really doesn't seem to hand out empty praise, as I said. When he is not impressed with something, he seems open to talking about it and addressing it. Maybe I'm just taking Stitt at his word. "The same standard as his other program? I haven't looked at CSM stats but was his defense consistently at the top of Division II? Maybe I'm missing something. Ultimately, this is a team game. When the D struggles the offense needs to step up and that goes both ways. Sometimes talking about offense or defense on a message board we forget that at the end of the day the TEAM needs to figure out how to win tough games. Again, I think the pressure is on the offense since the head coach is the OC, particularly the o-line. I expect the D this year to be pretty salty, and one of our best in recent memory.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
ranco said:

Really??? Are you really going to go there?? Fuck off!

Hammer said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
ranco said:

Really??? Are you really going to go there?? f*** off!

Alpha? Quit going after sacred cows.....

Back