• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Bad Will Gregoreks Defense Be This Year?

As a team we will have some struggles on both sides of the ball, no news flash there... our D is solid, not necessarily top tier, but solid enough to handle most of who we play and stay in the game. Once we gain our stride then watch out. Ty is a good defensive mind and with any coach you have to work with what you have player-wise. Some guys won't be able to pull through on all aspects of what's needed for certain teams, but we will be fine as long as we can put up points we will win. Stitt's year one won't even be everything he wants since he honored the old commits, so we won't get a true picture I feel until year 3 of his contract so let's not get to burning down town hall just yet. When you're called in to clean up someone's mess you have to pick up and throw out the trash before the floor looks clean. I think this season will have a lot to offer and I've got my season tickets.

If you say things are going to be terrible, and things turn out terrible, you get to come on here and say "I told you so. You idiots should have listened to me."

But if things turn out to be pretty good, everybody is pretty happy that things turned out that way, and nobody comes back to the forum and tells Eeyore that he was an idiot for being such a pessimist. That's just how Eeyore is - what are you gonna do? So Eeyore generally skates when he's wrong.

I'm pretty sure there's a life lesson in there somewhere, but I'll be damned if I know what it is. So never mind.

Pretty sure its just like that fable of Jack crying wolf right before he got a rapist off on a "baby dui" because Red Riding Hood was sloppy drunk and dressed like "she wanted it"

Makes as much sense as your post so I will go with it.

:coffee:

Alaska Griz said:
zirge said:
Alaska Griz said:
Stitt has spoken very highly of the Griz defense, which is a product of coach G, and specifically stated our defense will likely be the best we face all year, and Stitt doesn't seem one to throw around empty praise....if that isn't a good endorsement, I don't know what is. The pressure is really on the offense, imo.

why wouldn't he speak highly of the Griz defense as a new coach......especially since he is bringing in a whole new offense and coaching style...........this is about all we can swallow at a time.

stitts is thinking of the level that he has brought to his previous program..........so the defense would need to be bought up to the same standard........were we there last season???
it should be a whole new experience now that the entire dynamics have changed over last year.
good luck TY.....and we should actually see if you have the stuff to coach your side of the ball to compliment the stitt's offense.
the first game is going to be quite the test.

I don't think he would speak badly about the defense because he seems to be impressed with it and really doesn't seem to hand out empty praise, as I said. When he is not impressed with something, he seems open to talking about it and addressing it. Maybe I'm just taking Stitt at his word. "The same standard as his other program? I haven't looked at CSM stats but was his defense consistently at the top of Division II? Maybe I'm missing something. Ultimately, this is a team game. When the D struggles the offense needs to step up and that goes both ways. Sometimes talking about offense or defense on a message board we forget that at the end of the day the TEAM needs to figure out how to win tough games. Again, I think the pressure is on the offense since the head coach is the OC, particularly the o-line. I expect the D this year to be pretty salty, and one of our best in recent memory.

you may be right........about his integrity to call a spade a spade. i too want to believe his word is as solid as the standard we hope that he will bring to this program.
agree particularly the o-line, as i stated before for the offensive line to run more plays, to achieve a greater TOP this will be a testament to conditioning, coaching and making the right reads to say the least.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
PlayARapEs post is total BS there are multitudes of former players that think he is a bad guy and an even worse DC.

Scumbag was mentioned and with his incredibly checkered past sounds about right. You must really dig the naughty gals!

Not true. The vast majority of former players who played while Gregorak was at UM, like Gregorak and think highly of him. I can't think of anyone I know in that category who has been critical of him.

Grizzoola said:
mtgrizrule said:
.... For those of you not agreeing with alpha, he has consistently emphasized he looks beyond the conference. He looks at how the GRIZ stack up nationally. For him to give credit to any 1 side of the ball, they have to deliver in the playoffs!!! To be honest, for each of us our outlook and opinion all depends on what we each of us are satisfied with?

I don't expect Alpha to give out participation awards, kudos, recognition, etc until the GRIZ once again prove to get the job done in the post season. To be honest with you, with the dry spell between national championships, I agree with him....
This is a good post & the more I think about it, AG1 is a true fan, playing the Devil's Advocate, altho some of his posts in this thread suggest he's had a little too much to drink!!

Could you refresh our recollection on what wise comments and posts about Griz football that Alpha has made or gotten right? He refuses to admit that Hauck was a good and successful coach. He dissed Jorgan Tripp. He has said negative things about Wagenmann. He said Prater would emerge from spring ball as the starter. He has disssed Gus as be sublevel talent, and now he's . He has said for years that Schye would immediately be a great and starting middle linebacker, yet he's not starting yet and won't this fall, and Kose was selected to the 1st team preseason all conference team and an all-american team. He dissed Trumaine Johnson and Jimmy Wilson, and they play in the NFL. He dissed Hermanson, and he made all conference and an all-american team, I think. He dissed the o-line, along with scores of other posters. I think he has said negative things about Henderson and Jones. He dissed Delaney, and some agreed, but many disagreed. I'm sure Alpha has gotten some Griz football stuff right, but I'm not recalling.

I know for a fact Colt loved Gregorak and Hauck also. Colt credits Hauck for pushing him harder than he ever thought he could be pushed. I said in another thread, if Colt Anderson is ok with him I think he is A-OK.

Hammer said:
I know for a fact Colt loved Gregorak and Hauck also. Colt credits Hauck for pushing him harder than he ever thought he could be pushed. I said in another thread, if Colt Anderson is ok with him I think he is A-OK.

And Colt had Gregorak officiate his wedding, as did Ty Timmer. Timmer thinks the world of Gregorak. And Tripp and Coyle.

:jack:

There are far more ex players and current players that think Gregorek is a jagoff and a bad person.

Your list of lies is so fu*ked up its not worth a response.........."why do you have to be so dishonest"? :jack:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

There are far more ex players and current players that think Gregorek is a jagoff and a bad person.

Your list of lies is so fu*ked up its not worth a response.........."why do you have to be so dishonest"? :jack:

You don't know enough ex-players from the past dozen years to even have a sampling of their views.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

You said......
"There isnt one single former player that disagrees with TY being in way over his head and the number one consensus is hes a bad guy that should be a position coach, nothing more."

PR just named several that apparently DO disagree... so which is it?

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

I would definitely question the current players remark. I would think my information about current players opinion on the coaching staff is better than anyone on this board. The guys that play for him love him. Across the board. Fact.

Pr is lying its what he does.........I am fishing with 3 former players right now and they are laughing their ass off over the lies and jock sniffing he is doing. Hey if you guys want to support a drunk, lying, cheating, meathead of a DC have at it but we aint buying.

Hammer said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

I would definitely question the current players remark. I would think my information about current players opinion on the coaching staff is better than anyone on this board. The guys that play for him love him. Across the board. Fact.

Wrong 100% wrong

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Hammer said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Wrong 100% wrong

:lol: OK :lol:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Pr is lying its what he does.........I am fishing with 3 former players right now and they are laughing their ass off over the lies and jock sniffing he is doing. Hey if you guys want to support a drunk, lying, cheating, meathead of a DC have at it but we aint buying.

When did these 3 players play? Why don't you know them. Hammer and I named some who like Gregorak.

You and Hammer named players because you think that makes you look important, I would never do that to a player especially these guys they love this......you are being laughed it something fierce

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
You and Hammer named players because you think that makes you look important, I would never do that to a player especially these guys they love this......you are being laughed it something fierce

Hammer and I name players to counter your BS, and to make a point.

You have been laughed at by players, ex-players and parents--or the ones that pay attention to the internet--for 15 years. Recently, you and Growler get laughed at, because when you're losing a discussion or argument, suddenly imaginary friends appear and they magically support your argument. I love the imaginary friend ploy. Makes me laugh.

Back