• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Bad Will Gregoreks Defense Be This Year?

I believe the loss of Wags and Takai will hurt more than we think. Wags had a dominant game changing impact on a lot of games. You can also attribute a lot of the success of our LBs last year to the strong play of our DL. I do like that we will have Kidder back. Peevey is a tough player, but I will be interested to see how he and Kidder do at the point of attack in the interior. Both seem to be more natural at DE. If we get blown off the line our LBs aren't going to look as great.

Depth on the DL and LB positions concern me a bit. Anyone know the reasoning behind the move of Scheye to DE? It seems he would be the future at MLB and would be better suited getting some experience there. I don't watch the practices though... so who knows... Liked what I saw of him last year and the potential is definitely there.

I think TG has improved quite a bit the past couple years. I wasn't real high on his ability to coordinate to begin with, but he put together some really nice game plans last year, especially in the Brawl. It will be interesting to see how he works with Stitt. I know they say that he will have full control of the defense, but that only works if things are done the way the head guy wants them done. I don't know TG or Stitt, but they seem to have the personalities to get along.

Anyways, wouldn't surprise me to see the statistical production of the defense wain a bit from last year. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Sam A. Blitz said:
I believe the loss of Wags and Takai will hurt more than we think. Wags had a dominant game changing impact on a lot of games. You can also attribute a lot of the success of our LBs last year to the strong play of our DL. I do like that we will have Kidder back. Peevey is a tough player, but I will be interested to see how he and Kidder do at the point of attack in the interior. Both seem to be more natural at DE. If we get blown off the line our LBs aren't going to look as great.

Depth on the DL and LB positions concern me a bit. Anyone know the reasoning behind the move of Scheye to DE? It seems he would be the future at MLB and would be better suited getting some experience there. I don't watch the practices though... so who knows... Liked what I saw of him last year and the potential is definitely there.

I think TG has improved quite a bit the past couple years. I wasn't real high on his ability to coordinate to begin with, but he put together some really nice game plans last year, especially in the Brawl. It will be interesting to see how he works with Stitt. I know they say that he will have full control of the defense, but that only works if things are done the way the head guy wants them done. I don't know TG or Stitt, but they seem to have the personalities to get along.

Anyways, wouldn't surprise me to see the statistical production of the defense wain a bit from last year. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Good post......for the life of me why we didn't secure a "natural" defensive tackle is beyond me. All these great skill guys are great but if we can't stop the run none of that will matter. Bad decision not to find some defensive beef up front IMO.

PlayerRep said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
You and Hammer named players because you think that makes you look important, I would never do that to a player especially these guys they love this......you are being laughed it something fierce

Hammer and I name players to counter your BS, and to make a point.

You have been laughed at by players, ex-players and parents--or the ones that pay attention to the internet--for 15 years. Recently, you and Growler get laughed at, because when you're losing a discussion or argument, suddenly imaginary friends appear and they magically support your argument. I love the imaginary friend ploy. Makes me laugh.

I would rather have imaginary friends than hang out with you.

I hang out with players parents all the time and its pretty safe to say they dont think much of you and they hate having to be nice to you when you suck up. Creepy, uncomfortable and stalker are words that come up quite a bit but hey you go hang with your "friends" and parents........I will make up a few more to hang out with tonight.

BTW if its imaginary or real they all laugh at you and then feel sorry you act the way you do.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Pr is lying its what he does.........I am fishing with 3 former players right now and they are laughing their ass off over the lies and jock sniffing he is doing. Hey if you guys want to support a drunk, lying, cheating, meathead of a DC have at it but we aint buying.
Hey, AG1, if you are a "true fan," as I've said, why don't you let Coach Stitt decide if TG is a good DC or not? You're entitled to your opinion, and that's all it is on this board, but your venality is over the top. PR is over the top the other way. Neither you nor PR are Stitt's confidants. Of that we are all assured.

Rage on, but we are all on to you. Perfection is not achieved by the negativity you bring to this board, even tho you think playing devil's advocate to an extreme it is. There are many reasons Coach Hauck did not succeed at UNLV, the least of which was his ability to coach. He's a damned good coach, who selected damned fine people to support him. He simply misjudged the situation at UNLV when he chose to go there.

PlayerRep said:
brewskis said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I dont even need to say anything, its gonna be a long season on defense and everyone who is anyone knows it.

There isnt one single former player that disagrees with TY being in way over his head and the number one consensus is hes a bad guy that should be a position coach, nothing more.

I know Stitt will address this ASAP when he watches teams fu*king torch us yet again for the 5th straight year.
I'm guessing Ty is coaching for his job this year.

Keeping him on was the right move, if he wasn't retained all hell would break loose from the masses. Also I'm sure it helped with the recruiting class that was at the time in the works. He does know linebackers, no argument there. But until he can at least learn how to spell Cal Poly and stop anyone between the 30's he isn't anything that can't be replaced.

Statistically, sure he's done alright....but watching his D you can tell its nothing special.

If he actually starts bringing an aggressive defense to the field that stops teams before they get to the red zone, great....let's keep him. If not, bring on the next guy.

Doubt that Gregorak is coaching for his job anymore than most of the other coaches. He is very respected by and popular with current and former players who played for UM since he's been in Missoula. Contrary to Alpha's BS, many former players supported Gregorak for head coach, particular the ones he had played when he was in UM. I've never talked to any former player who thinks Gregorak is in over his head. Most believe he is a very good coach, developing nicely as an AD, and has significant potential. I suppose he may or may not click with Stitt, and may or may not get a more attractive offer, but Still hired him because he had heard how good of a coach he was.

Yeah, so we could get a better defensive coordinator with his promotion.

Sam A. Blitz said:

Nice post. I was told in the early summer than Schye would be used a d-end this year for depth reasons.

TG is a very good coordinator........I'm glad we are getting closer to camp and the season opener so we can watch for ourselves and not listen to blah blah blah. Good grief!

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
PlayerRep said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
You and Hammer named players because you think that makes you look important, I would never do that to a player especially these guys they love this......you are being laughed it something fierce

You have been laughed at by players, ex-players and parents--or the ones that pay attention to the internet--for 15 years. Recently, you and Growler get laughed at, because when you're losing a discussion or argument, suddenly imaginary friends appear and they magically support your argument. I love the imaginary friend ploy. Makes me laugh.

I hang out with players parents all the time and its pretty safe to say they dont think much of you and they hate having to be nice to you when you suck up. Creepy, uncomfortable and stalker are words that come up quite a bit but hey you go hang with your "friends" and parents........I will make up a few more to hang out with tonight.

BTW if its imaginary or real they all laugh at you and then feel sorry you act the way you do.

Why would any players and parents feel that they have to be nice to me? How many parents of current players do you think I know? Just a ballpark figure. If players and parents don't like me, I wonder why a number of the kids invite me to their weddings?

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

I don't ever name people to make me feel important. Everybody on this board knows my connection and I never ever go there until someone who thinks they are close to the program posts total BS. End of story. If these so called players aren't man enough to stand up and make these comments publicly then they are cowards in my opinion. Yes they might kick my ass but that's ok my father taught me as a child don't make a bed you cant sleep in. I never have, to this day. Everybody knows where my tailgate is. I will be there on aug 29 starting about 9 am.

PlayerRep said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
PlayerRep said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Why would any players and parents feel that they have to be nice to me? How many parents of current players do you think I know? Just a ballpark figure. If players and parents don't like me, I wonder why a number of the kids invite me to their weddings?

I am assuming because you like to suck up by buying expensive gifts...

7 and one of the AG1s is currently dating a mom of a current player..............so maybe they will invite you to their wedding since you buy nice gifts.

:coffee:

Hammer said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

I don't ever name people to make me feel important. Everybody on this board knows my connection and I never ever go there until someone who thinks they are close to the program posts total BS. End of story. If these so called players aren't man enough to stand up and make these comments publicly then they are cowards in my opinion. Yes they might kick my ass but that's ok my father taught me as a child don't make a bed you cant sleep in. I never have, to this day. Everybody knows where my tailgate is. I will be there on aug 29 starting about 9 am.

I don't know where your tailgate is, if I don't have to work maybe I will swing by, havint seen you since Evel days a few years back and I do not make many game anymore due to health issues and travel.

Wow! I hope this Gregorek thing cools down soon. If not I see another show down coming at the Mo Club.

Most of the hate speech each poster yells at another poster is low and time wasting jibberish blobing bs.

Back to Gregorek. I know and like the guy. Met him five years ago and I have watched him grow up in the job and he has performed ok. Each year getting smarter and better. He has not been super but has improved every season. Last few years he was way to close to Delaney...more like his buddy. I am glad that thing is over. Stitt is cool and acts like his boss and that will help ty in my opinion. Ty is not a deep thinker. On the other hand he is more than adequate to coach our team. My guess is for him this year he will need to prove himself to Stitt. If that occurs we are on our way to weldom. If not then we call Sir Alfie for his opinion.....

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2010/aug/01/vindication-for-gregorak-comes-much-too-late/

Hey PR, I know there are some bad things in some of our posts but I dont know how they got there. Maybe we were drugged? But we would do it all over again.

Between Alphie, Playa and Pickle, there sure are a lot of former players hanging out with one, laughing at the other two.

Some fish, some go to weddings, some are in their bar in nowhere Eastern Montana. Pretty amazing really....

EverettGriz said:
Between Alphie, Playa and Pickle, there sure are a lot of former players hanging out with one, laughing at the other two.

Some fish, some go to weddings, some are in their bar in nowhere Eastern Montana. Pretty amazing really....
I'm thinking most are imaginary and don't really exist.

EverettGriz said:

This one time at band camp......

Griz2k said:
EverettGriz said:

This one time at band camp......

Nobody cares about your flute or your pussy, bandy

Back