• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I hope I'm Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
PlayerRep said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
I am excited about:

1) Our last recruiting class. While they still have not played a down, I judge a recruiting class by the number of kids with "star-rankings" by Rivals, which I have been a member of for many years. Stitt's first class had one 3-star recruit, and quite a few 2-star recruits. This is unprecedented, and, at least on paper, this is the best recruiting class we have ever had here at UM. One caveat. Great recruits don't always mean wins. The kids have to be coached-up, and not every coach has the ability to do so. Mark Richt and Mack Brown are two coaches who come to mind. Both always had nationally ranked recruiting classes every year, but their teams could never win the big one (Texas won one NC with Vince Young at QB). To me, the book is still very much out on Stitt after what I saw last season.

2) I am very excited at the new athletic facility, which will return us to have the #1 facilities in all of FCS football. This will give us a huge recruiting advantage envied by every other team we compete with, including NDSU. Therefore, the excuses for not going deep into the playoffs like we used to should STOP!

3) I am excited about our new D-coordinator. While he is still un-tested at this level, I have heard nothing but positives about him from the coaches I know, and a couple of current players. Also, it is addition by subtraction, because Ty was not capable of being a good D-coordinator, so we win anyway by him leaving.

4) I am VERY excited that Stitt has hired a couple of position coaches with deep ties to Montana high school football, and have that "will-not-to-lose" attitude from playing on those great teams we used to field. I hope (and think) that these coaches will be able to re-install that attitude to this year's team. If we can re-capture that swagger, we will stop blowing wins the way we did last season. And, I believe that these two can return us to domination of in-state recruiting.

5) I am excited that we were able to sign a former 3-star QB, who played in the toughest conference in all of college football. I believe that he will show why he was a 3-star recruit, and re-place our up-and-down starting QB to give us some talent and stability at that position over the next couple of seasons.

2. How will the new performance center give UM a "huge recruiting advantage"? Obviously, the center will be a big positive and will help with recuiting, but "huge recruiting advantage"? Is the center actually going to be the nicest such facility in all of FCS? I don't know, but I think there are some pretty nice facilities in FCS.

3. TG already was a good DC. We will see how quickly Semore can become one.

4. Who has "deep ties to Montana high school football"? I know that Ferriter, Selle, and Schillinger played high school ball in MT, and Selle coached at Billing West for several years. Don't think Ferriter or Schillinger have ever coached in MT. Schillinger's dad is/was a coach in southestern MT, I believe.

5. The qb who was at Kentucky looks to have a very nice arm and nice potential, but he didn't exactly "play" in the SEC. I too am glad he is at UM.

6. Good start with your list, but is this really all you're excited about?

7. Congratulations for being a "member of Rivals for many years".

TG was exceptional at forming a division in the locker room too....out doing anything his defense showed on the field....

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
I am excited about:

1) Our last recruiting class. While they still have not played a down, I judge a recruiting class by the number of kids with "star-rankings" by Rivals, which I have been a member of for many years. Stitt's first class had one 3-star recruit, and quite a few 2-star recruits. This is unprecedented, and, at least on paper, this is the best recruiting class we have ever had here at UM. One caveat. Great recruits don't always mean wins. The kids have to be coached-up, and not every coach has the ability to do so. Mark Richt and Mack Brown are two coaches who come to mind. Both always had nationally ranked recruiting classes every year, but their teams could never win the big one (Texas won one NC with Vince Young at QB). To me, the book is still very much out on Stitt after what I saw last season.

2) I am very excited at the new athletic facility, which will return us to have the #1 facilities in all of FCS football. This will give us a huge recruiting advantage envied by every other team we compete with, including NDSU. Therefore, the excuses for not going deep into the playoffs like we used to should STOP!

3) I am excited about our new D-coordinator. While he is still un-tested at this level, I have heard nothing but positives about him from the coaches I know, and a couple of current players. Also, it is addition by subtraction, because Ty was not capable of being a good D-coordinator, so we win anyway by him leaving.

4) I am VERY excited that Stitt has hired a couple of position coaches with deep ties to Montana high school football, and have that "will-not-to-lose" attitude from playing on those great teams we used to field. I hope (and think) that these coaches will be able to re-install that attitude to this year's team. If we can re-capture that swagger, we will stop blowing wins the way we did last season. And, I believe that these two can return us to domination of in-state recruiting.

5) I am excited that we were able to sign a former 3-star QB, who played in the toughest conference in all of college football. I believe that he will show why he was a 3-star recruit, and re-place our up-and-down starting QB to give us some talent and stability at that position over the next couple of seasons.

2. How will the new performance center give UM a "huge recruiting advantage"? Obviously, the center will be a big positive and will help with recuiting, but "huge recruiting advantage"? Is the center actually going to be the nicest such facility in all of FCS? I don't know, but I think there are some pretty nice facilities in FCS.

4. Who has "deep ties to Montana high school football"? I know that Ferriter, Selle, and Schillinger played high school ball in MT, and Selle coached at Billing West for several years. Don't think Ferriter or Schillinger have ever coached in MT. Schillinger's dad is/was a coach in southestern MT, I believe.

5. The qb who was at Kentucky looks to have a very nice arm and nice potential, but he didn't exactly "play" in the SEC. I too am glad he is at UM.

TG was exceptional at forming a division in the locker room too....out doing anything his defense showed on the field....

I call BS on that. I have known at least a dozen starters on the defense in the past several years, and not one has ever said or insinuated that.

PlayerRep said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
I am excited about:

Selle was at West for 3 years, not several. Schann's uncle Don was the coach at Baker, not his dad. Don coached for 37 years before retiring in 2010.

You guys should communicate more at your birthday parties.

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
I am excited about:

I call BS on that. I have known at least a dozen starters on the defense in the past several years, and not one has ever said or insinuated that.

g7Jz636.png

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
I am excited about:

That's because they would never tell you the truth since your head is shoved so far up the staffs ass.

I know more than a dozen that say he was an ass clown. TG is a position coach nothing more and was way over his head as a DC. He got bailed out a bit because we play in the BSC and have had some talent at LB and DL.

This year's defense will be better on scheme alone and I have faith the position coaches will get more from less.

TG is going to have a long year in pussyville.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

That's because they would never tell you the truth since your head is shoved so far up the staffs ass.

I know more than a dozen that say he was an ass clown. TG is a position coach nothing more and was way over his head as a DC. He got bailed out a bit because we play in the BSC and have had some talent at LB and DL.

This year's defense will be better on scheme alone and I have faith the position coaches will get more from less.

You might want to read this article http://missoulian.com/news/local/griz-players-shocked-by-gregorak-s-sudden-departure/article_fce85fe2-63f7-5cd2-b0ba-b073d292ab21.html

Or this one http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/grizzlies-defensive-guru-gregorak-thrives-as-players-coach/article_c3ca574f-97f7-5512-a3fe-51fcfac4fe03.html

His players loved him, believed in him, and played hard for him. If anyone is creating a divide, it's you. A lot of people need to just shut up about this stuff. If you want to know why we haven't been up to par the past six years, you might want to look at the BS that future and current players read on this site. A bunch of know-it-all experts throwing practically every player and coach we've ever had under the bus on a daily basis. The players wanted to play for Ty, but I doubt they wanted to play for a lot of our fans.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

What makes you think the players would tell you the truth. I've seen you around. You're a total douche bag from the word GO! You're a fat, drunk and stupid guy trying to act like some cool player.

BWahlberg said:

Only one star?

Steve, it's time for us to move on...without you.

The egriz community thanks you for your service and wishes you the best of luck in finding your place on a different fan board. 75, how'd I do?

:p :p :p

Raider said:
PlayerRep said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
I am excited about:

Selle was at West for 3 years, not several. Schann's uncle Don was the coach at Baker, not his dad. Don coached for 37 years before retiring in 2010.

Wow, helpful post, Raider. Are you saying 3 years is not several? See the definition of several, and then give your apology. "sev·er·al/ˈsev(ə)rəl/
determiner & pronoun determiner: several; pronoun: several
1. more than two but not many."

Thanks for the correction that it was Shann's uncle and not his dad. Note that I had said "believe" because I wasn't sure. Do you feel that it being his uncle and not his dad makes Shann more or less connected to MT high school football?

PlayerRep said:
Raider said:
PlayerRep said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
I am excited about:

Wow, helpful post, Raider. Are you saying 3 years is not several? See the definition of several, and then give your apology. "sev·er·al/ˈsev(ə)rəl/
determiner & pronoun determiner: several; pronoun: several
1. more than two but not many."

Thanks for the correction that it was Shann's uncle and not his dad. Note that I had said "believe" because I wasn't sure. Do you feel that it being his uncle and not his dad makes Shann more or less connected to MT high school football?

giphy.gif

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

I doubt you know any recent player who has dissed TG. TG was openly supported for head coach by Coach Delaney and many others. TG had developed the linebackers and probably helped develop the d-line too, along the very good d-line coach. TG's defenses would between good and very good, and getting better. Hopefully, Semore will pick up where TG left off.

Have you heard the scheme has been simplified a bit this year, so that players have less decisions to make during games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back