• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Idaho Coming Home....

Idaho sucks.

I loathe all things University of Idaho, vandal, or black and gold related.

I grew up hating Idaho more than Bozeman state (mid/late 80's and early 90's) mostly because Idaho was far more competitive than the kitties then.

I sincerely hope they come to the Big Sky so we can keep proving why the Little Brown Stein remains with us.

I would assume their fans suck as much as their football team.

Go Griz

Two things strike me as I read that board:
1) They have little brother syndrome way worse than the cats. BSU jealousy runs rampant.
2) As an advocate for getting out of the BSC, I hear many of their complaints about rejoining. That said, accept it, right now no one else wants you.

Reading their thread you'd think they were a perennial FBS top 25 team loaded with talent or something.

...let it never be forgotten...
...it was fcuk Idaho long before...
...fcuk the cats was ever mentioned...

... :finger:.. :butt:.. :cool: ...

cclarkblues said:
grizpsych said:
RayWill said:
grizpsych said:
Ha. Judging by their forum, they are not going to be that friendly.

Never were very friendly from what I remember. wonder if we could get great brown stein tradition going again. Idaho was a great rivalry.

Hope so. I've been dreaming about throwing baked potatoes since I saw it done when I was a kid.

They weren't baked. That would have softened them up.

The Vandal's FBS aspirations were never more than half-baked...

Wyoming will be looking for a new road game in 2018 and maybe a home game in 2019. Had a home and home with Idaho that will be canceled now (at least the game in Moscow will be cancelled)

Tough situation though. a lot of kids at Idaho will be losing athletic scholarships and a few programs will be totally canceled I assume

billings_poke said:
Wyoming will be looking for a new road game in 2018 and maybe a home game in 2019. Had a home and home with Idaho that will be canceled now (at least the game in Moscow will be cancelled)

Tough situation though. a lot of kids at Idaho will be losing athletic scholarships and a few programs will be totally canceled I assume
I doubt that anyone will lose an athletic scholarship. They have this year and next before they are completely out of the FBS level. So they have two seasons to simply recruit fewer new scholarship football players. What I wonder is if the NCAA will let players transfer to another program that will still be FBS. And if they do, will they be able to play right away? Of course, that makes a wild-a** assumption that UI has any players that a "real" FBS program would want.

And no, they cannot cancel any programs. To remain Division I, they must field teams in 14 different sports. Right now, they have six men's and eight women's sports ... one of the minimum allowed configurations.

statler & waldorf said:
That's what I remembered, but my memory is fading, to say the least. Baked. Christ! Why not just throw stuffed potatoes and plastic forks. :roll:
When a Referee at one of the Basketball games threatened to technical the team if just "one more potato" was rolled onto the court, one of the students in the Zoo threw a box of freeze dried potatoes onto the floor. The Ref could not help but smile.

IdaGriz01 said:
And no, they cannot cancel any programs. To remain Division I, they must field teams in 14 different sports. Right now, they have six men's and eight women's sports ... one of the minimum allowed configurations.

Indoor track also counts.

KoolMoeDee said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Indoor track also counts.
Oops, you're right. Forgot about that. :oops:

So they have one (or is it two?) "extra" programs that could possibly be dropped. However, sports like track and, say, volleyball, are basically non-revenue activities. Funding 20 fewer football scholarships should actually help, so I still do not see any other area being done away with.

grizpsych said:
RayWill said:
grizpsych said:
mtgrizrule said:
Welcome home Idaho. We will be getting to know their football fan base all over again. Will they be better or worse than MSU and EWU fans?

Ha. Judging by their forum, they are not going to be that friendly.

Never were very friendly from what I remember. wonder if we could get great brown stein tradition going again. Idaho was a great rivalry.

Hope so. I've been dreaming about throwing baked potatoes since I saw it done when I was a kid.

Those were real potatoes not baked, was there. Oh what glorious times they were.

Does anyone have the Idaho Basketball game on ESPN video at the beginning of the 1st Gulf War? I have been looking for a copy for years... PM me.

My Girlfriend (now wife) brought the spuds in that night. Protesters... ESPN... football players dragging granolas off the court by the hair...Potato projectiles.... Dicki V....

PRICELESS!!!

Paytonlives said:
Does anyone have the Idaho Basketball game on ESPN video at the beginning of the 1st Gulf War? I have been looking for a copy for years... PM me.

My Girlfriend (now wife) brought the spuds in that night. Protesters... ESPN... football players dragging granolas off the court by the hair...Potato projectiles.... Dicki V....

PRICELESS!!!

article about it from one of the morons:

http://missoulian.com/news/one-night-in/article_ab7ef3cc-170a-5853-9c9b-2bf98691fd55.html

Saw the Idaho coach punch one of our student body at a game one night. Really laid him out. Today he would lose his job and never work again. Kid deserved it.

Todays sensitive students will probably toss little bags of dehydrated potatoes.....underhand.....

The salt and rage on their forum is reaching ridiculous levels now, you would think they thought they were the Alabama of the Northwest the way some other fans are acting. Actually I don't know if we can call them fans anymore, half of them are saying they're going support WSU now.

Back