• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Idaho Coming Home....

Ursa Major said:
kemajic said:
Ursa Major said:
Two things strike me as I read that board:
1) They have little brother syndrome way worse than the cats. BSU jealousy runs rampant.
2) As an advocate for getting out of the BSC, I hear many of their complaints about rejoining. That said, accept it, right now no one else wants you.
Well, it's the same for us, isn't it....

I honestly see us as one step above UI given their failing fan base and the corrugated metal shed they play their football contests in. Neither market seems to be in great demand right now.
The basic difference is the state of Idaho has BSU, which has sucked up most of the fandom, leaving only crumbs for Idaho and ISU.

I think the best possible scenario here is that following Idaho's first year in the Big Sky, UM embarrasses both the cats and the Vandals so bad in league play that both university presidents announce an immediate suspension of both football programs. A day after the season ends, the Mountain West Conference offers Montana full conference membership. Take care of all the families business like Michael Corleone and get the fuck out.

fanofzoo said:
mtgrizrule said:
BWahlberg said:
Idaho sucks.

I loathe all things University of Idaho, vandal, or black and gold related.

I grew up hating Idaho more than Bozeman state (mid/late 80's and early 90's) mostly because Idaho was far more competitive than the kitties then.

I sincerely hope they come to the Big Sky so we can keep proving why the Little Brown Stein remains with us.

I would assume their fans suck as much as their football team.

Go Griz

I think you've been hacked, BW :lol: :thumb:

Come on BW don't sugar coat it tell us exactly how you feel. :D

FTV

Catsrback76 said:
Catsrback76 said:
zengriz said:
...let it never be forgotten...
...it was fcuk Idaho long before...
...fcuk the cats was ever mentioned...

... :finger:.. :butt:.. :cool: ...

:beer: hit it again zit.

I know its hard for the kitties to hear this...

Back in the day most UM fans thought of Boise, Reno and Idaho as much bigger rivials den doz kittens.
Cants were an afterthought....

bhumble said:
What is the record between UM and Idaho over the last 30 years or so?

Going back 30 years is 18-12 in favor of Idaho. UM has won the last 4 meetings.

Paytonlives said:
Catsrback76 said:
Catsrback76 said:
zengriz said:
...let it never be forgotten...
...it was fcuk Idaho long before...
...fcuk the cats was ever mentioned...

... :finger:.. :butt:.. :cool: ...

:beer: hit it again zit.

I know its hard for the kitties to hear this...

Back in the day most UM fans thought of Boise, Reno and Idaho as much bigger rivials den doz kittens.
Cants were an afterthought....

I remember hating Boise. Got to be in WA GRIZ the day DD tore Broncos a new one on the last year in the FCS. What an epic beat down.

billings_poke said:
Wyoming will be looking for a new road game in 2018 and maybe a home game in 2019. Had a home and home with Idaho that will be canceled now (at least the game in Moscow will be cancelled)

Tough situation though. a lot of kids at Idaho will be losing athletic scholarships and a few programs will be totally canceled I assume

New Mexico State has plenty of openings.

Coming home indeed. Can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they play at No. Colorado. Welcome Home Boys!!

IdaGriz01 said:
billings_poke said:
Wyoming will be looking for a new road game in 2018 and maybe a home game in 2019. Had a home and home with Idaho that will be canceled now (at least the game in Moscow will be cancelled)

Tough situation though. a lot of kids at Idaho will be losing athletic scholarships and a few programs will be totally canceled I assume
I doubt that anyone will lose an athletic scholarship. They have this year and next before they are completely out of the FBS level. So they have two seasons to simply recruit fewer new scholarship football players. What I wonder is if the NCAA will let players transfer to another program that will still be FBS. And if they do, will they be able to play right away? Of course, that makes a wild-a** assumption that UI has any players that a "real" FBS program would want.

And no, they cannot cancel any programs. To remain Division I, they must field teams in 14 different sports. Right now, they have six men's and eight women's sports ... one of the minimum allowed configurations.

Only thing they could drop is Women's swimming and diving

Pretty much a morgue over there.

One of them has already posted a pretty funny/sad "song" about it:
http://www.ktik.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/317/2016/04/Vandal-Song-Well-youre-back.mp3

Wonder if they -- whoever "they" are -- had this ready in advance. If not, that's a pretty damn good parody on the spur of the moment. My only quibble is they mention "D-1" or "Division one" as though UI is leaving that level -- but then lots of people do not see FCS/1-AA as being a "real" D-I.

Back