• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Idaho Coming Home....

cclarkblues said:
Saw the Idaho coach punch one of our student body at a game one night. Really laid him out. Today he would lose his job and never work again. Kid deserved it.
Weber Coach Neil McCarthy laid out Zoo leader Mike Pantalione after an acrimonious BB game.

http://www.scout.com/college/idaho/forums/2664-vandal-football

Also I'm hoping the conference splits into two divisions each with an automatic berth, the good news is we have over a year to work this out which should be plenty of time for both the FCS committee and the NCAA to work something out. I'm thinking a north and south themed division is the best bet

UMGriz75 said:
cclarkblues said:
Saw the Idaho coach punch one of our student body at a game one night. Really laid him out. Today he would lose his job and never work again. Kid deserved it.
Weber Coach Neil McCarthy laid out Zoo leader Mike Pantalione after an acrimonious BB game.

That may have been the incident. Didn't remember the names. :thumb:

BWahlberg said:
Idaho sucks.

I loathe all things University of Idaho, vandal, or black and gold related.

I grew up hating Idaho more than Bozeman state (mid/late 80's and early 90's) mostly because Idaho was far more competitive than the kitties then.

I sincerely hope they come to the Big Sky so we can keep proving why the Little Brown Stein remains with us.

I would assume their fans suck as much as their football team.

Go Griz

I think you've been hacked, BW :lol: :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
BWahlberg said:
Idaho sucks.

I loathe all things University of Idaho, vandal, or black and gold related.

I grew up hating Idaho more than Bozeman state (mid/late 80's and early 90's) mostly because Idaho was far more competitive than the kitties then.

I sincerely hope they come to the Big Sky so we can keep proving why the Little Brown Stein remains with us.

I would assume their fans suck as much as their football team.

Go Griz

I think you've been hacked, BW :lol: :thumb:

Come on BW don't sugar coat it tell us exactly how you feel. :D

Fantastic. Still a bit of denial, anger is the current stage. Seen quite a bit of bargaining too. They'll accept this reality eventually. What a find hilarious is the idea that they're too good for the BSC. That message board will be a debacle the first first time they lose to Southern Utah 45-14.

Will be interesting to see how their fanbase reacts. If they are able to win and find some post-season success, I'm willing to bet that support will be their. If they are unable to do that right away, it is going to be a difficult road for them to even be middle of the pack in the BSC. I'm sure there are some Vandal fans that are nervous about stinking it up against the Weber States and Idaho States of the world. That stings much more then getting housed by lower tier FBS teams in their mind probably...

I love how all there fans think that they had any other options. They accuse the AD Staben of not doing his homework to find them a new home. My neighbor thinks they are dropping to division 3 and says there is no way that they could not find another conference to join. They are so delusional. NO ONE else wanted them. They had become the laughing stock of college football. It was this or drop football. Something most of the fans are saying they would rather do. One fella at work said it is complete garbage. To roughly quote "Yeah it would be nice to see them win a few games but the BIG SKY just does not have the talent level to give any kind of challenge" he says. Figures they should roll right through it in 2018 with out trying. I bet they will be lucky to have a winning record in 2018.

LKB said:
Fantastic. Still a bit of denial, anger is the current stage. Seen quite a bit of bargaining too. They'll accept this reality eventually. What a find hilarious is the idea that they're too good for the BSC. That message board will be a debacle the first first time they lose to Southern Utah 45-14.

Certainly entertaining over there. Supposed long time (losing) fans say they are done with Idaho football forever. One of my favorites....

"If you guys would move up, I'd do that - it gives us the opportunity to keep rivalries and potential rivalries intact. But you won't, so I'm done."

....uhhhhmmmmm, I guess we could move up but they would still be in The Big Sky so I'm not sure where he was going with that one. At any rate, he's done.

The Idaho fans and boosters have nobody to blame but themselves. If there attendance could even sustain above 15k and their boosters put forth more money to improve their facilities, then maybe they wouldn't of been booted from the SBC or could make it as an independent. Denial is a good word. That is a FCS quality program and there really wasn't any or much promise of them building the program to where it could be FBS. They can make their president the scapegoat, but the fanbase made the decision for them in not putting forth the support it needed to stay.

I would love to round up members of the '95 Big Sky, minus Boise and get the f**** out of what this conference has become. We'd have another FCS conference to the west of us for non conference games, we'd have five conference games within driving distance for fans. No more road to Reno, no more west coasters bitching about the cost of flying to Montana.

signedbewildered said:
LKB said:

Certainly entertaining over there. Supposed long time (losing) fans say they are done with Idaho football forever. One of my favorites....

"If you guys would move up, I'd do that - it gives us the opportunity to keep rivalries and potential rivalries intact. But you won't, so I'm done."

....uhhhhmmmmm, I guess we could move up but they would still be in The Big Sky so I'm not sure where he was going with that one. At any rate, he's done.

Which board are you reading? I can't seem to find this stuff on their Scout board.

CDAGRIZ said:
signedbewildered said:
LKB said:

Which board are you reading? I can't seem to find this stuff on their Scout board.

http://www.scout.com/college/idaho/forums/3864-sun-belt-fb-big-sky-oly-realignment

signedbewildered said:
CDAGRIZ said:
signedbewildered said:
LKB said:

http://www.scout.com/college/idaho/forums/3864-sun-belt-fb-big-sky-oly-realignment

Thank you kindly.

CDAGRIZ said:
signedbewildered said:
CDAGRIZ said:
signedbewildered said:

Thank you kindly.

At first I couldn't find anything but crickets. Then I pressed this link or that and up came at least a few crickets. Kind of a weird forum. I hate the way the quote feature works....also I hate Vandal fans. Always have, always will.

alabamagrizzly said:
F**king potatoes heads. The little Brown Stein is still ours. They broke off the rivalry game cus they were tired of getting beat by "lower level competition" all the time.
If that's what you want to believe. The rivalry broke off because their conference, like all FBS conferences adopted a policy prohibiting road games at lower level venues. So home and homes became impossible.

Ursa Major said:
Two things strike me as I read that board:
1) They have little brother syndrome way worse than the cats. BSU jealousy runs rampant.
2) As an advocate for getting out of the BSC, I hear many of their complaints about rejoining. That said, accept it, right now no one else wants you.
Well, it's the same for us, isn't it....

kemajic said:
Ursa Major said:
Two things strike me as I read that board:
1) They have little brother syndrome way worse than the cats. BSU jealousy runs rampant.
2) As an advocate for getting out of the BSC, I hear many of their complaints about rejoining. That said, accept it, right now no one else wants you.
Well, it's the same for us, isn't it....

I honestly see us as one step above UI given their failing fan base and the corrugated metal shed they play their football contests in. Neither market seems to be in great demand right now.

Back