• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

If Stitt ends up a bust next season, who would you hire?

HelenaHandBasket said:
BillingsMafia said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
BillingsMafia said:
Why would they give him an extension now?

Why wouldn't they? My guess is they approve a 1 year extension and then revisit when they hire a new President.
Because he had a sub par year and is not getting much support and boosters may not donate as much if they do because it would piss off alot of people. Thats why.

If Haslem thought they would not approve, he would never have started the process. It does not bode well for an AD to proceed with an extension for a coach and have it declined. He has already talked with the members of the BOR and knows how it will go. The caveat would be if they decide to table it until a new President is on board, but from what I have heard, this will most likely not be the case.

Helena you're spot on. The extension will be approved by the BOR. Probably around the first of the year.

BillingsMafia said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
Royce gone.... Stitt's stress level just went up....next year is even more important now since new president has no direct ties to Haslam or Stitt hires. Might have far different views of where the program is headed and a complete different group of "advisors"

I don't think this is the case at all. Stitt knows what type of pressure he is under, and it is my understanding that an extension is sitting in the hands of the BOR currently. If he does sign an extension, I struggle to believe that UM is in any position to fire him before it is up and pay 2 head coaches. Will the BOR approve the extension soon will be worth watching.

Solely for recruiting purposes. The buyout isn't that high if things go south.

GrizGuy said:
Bisonfanatical said:
MikeyGriz said:
He'd never take the job, but I would hire Dave Dickenson.
Actually makes sense

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boy, wouldn't that be something, tho?

Nah. Obviously can't win the big one as a coach..... To soon??? :cool:

I kid. I kid.

DD would always be the 1st choice. But it will never happen.

HelenaHandBasket said:
BillingsMafia said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
BillingsMafia said:

Why wouldn't they? My guess is they approve a 1 year extension and then revisit when they hire a new President.
Because he had a sub par year and is not getting much support and boosters may not donate as much if they do because it would piss off alot of people. Thats why.

If Haslem thought they would not approve, he would never have started the process. It does not bode well for an AD to proceed with an extension for a coach and have it declined. He has already talked with the members of the BOR and knows how it will go. The caveat would be if they decide to table it until a new President is on board, but from what I have heard, this will most likely not be the case.

Curious when Haslam started the process.....before the second half of season collapse, loss to Cats, lots of pissed alumni? Or was it when all the sugar costers were saying 8-3 first round homefield is coming....BOR might want to rethink it....and use the new president for input since that person will be dealing with the fallout if Stitt tanks next year too.

grizpack said:
GrizGuy said:
Bisonfanatical said:
MikeyGriz said:
He'd never take the job, but I would hire Dave Dickenson.
Actually makes sense

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boy, wouldn't that be something, tho?

Nah. Obviously can't win the big one as a coach..... To soon??? :cool:

I kid. I kid.

DD would always be the 1st choice. But it will never happen.

Uhh ya, just took his team to the Greycup in his first year as HC and voted CFL coach of the year. Let go of DD ever coaching the Griz, Planet Delusional.

BillingsMafia said:
Pater_Ursus_Arctos said:
Dont know who, but would seek a coach that has the same program mind set as Alabama and NDSU. That would be my first step.

3-4 yards and a pile of dust on Offense and a hard nose for Defense.
That wont work at Montana. Need a guy like Read who can develope quarterbacks and understands the short passing game. Montana cant get the offensive linemen to play that style. Hauck had success but couldnt get to the top.

How can anyone say Hauck 's system couldn't get to the top?? What he accomplished is incredible. Hauck 's style wins championships, just look at NDSU. UM has every ability to get those recruits.

Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
BillingsMafia said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Curious when Haslam started the process.....before the second half of season collapse, loss to Cats, lots of pissed alumni? Or was it when all the sugar costers were saying 8-3 first round homefield is coming....BOR might want to rethink it....and use the new president for input since that person will be dealing with the fallout if Stitt tanks next year too.

Exactly more thought. Assume he didn't start the process after the losses to UNC and Cats, and not making playoffs. Haslam may want to re-think it too. Assume he's gotten considerable heat after the end of season and Cat loss. Announcement of an extension would likely up the heat. I don't care what he does, tho.

Johnathan Smith-Great young coach on the rise. Stitts recruits would fit his system. Could be gone quickly!
Robin Pflugrad- Was a scape goat and deserves another shot. Stitt recruits woukd fit his system I believe. Might bale for greener pastures should he have winning seasons.
Bobby Hauck- Proven winner at UM. I think could work and get the most out of Stitts recruits while Bobby brings in players for his system. Would most likely stay a very long time should he produce. Very good possibility to bring UM back to national power.
Mike Brenske??? He was with the Cougs but not sure where his is now.

Inspector Griz said:
Johnathan Smith-Great young coach on the rise. Stitts recruits would fit his system. Could be gone quickly!
Robin Pflugrad- Was a scape goat and deserves another shot. Stitt recruits woukd fit his system I believe. Might bale for greener pastures should he have winning seasons.
Bobby Hauck- Proven winner at UM. I think could work and get the most out of Stitts recruits while Bobby brings in players for his system. Would most likely stay a very long time should he produce. Very good possibility to bring UM back to national power.

Good list.

HelenaHandBasket said:
BillingsMafia said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
Royce gone.... Stitt's stress level just went up....next year is even more important now since new president has no direct ties to Haslam or Stitt hires. Might have far different views of where the program is headed and a complete different group of "advisors"

I don't think this is the case at all. Stitt knows what type of pressure he is under, and it is my understanding that an extension is sitting in the hands of the BOR currently. If he does sign an extension, I struggle to believe that UM is in any position to fire him before it is up and pay 2 head coaches. Will the BOR approve the extension soon will be worth watching.

Because arguable he is the worst HC since Larry Donavon.

griz5700 said:
BillingsMafia said:
Pater_Ursus_Arctos said:
Dont know who, but would seek a coach that has the same program mind set as Alabama and NDSU. That would be my first step.

That wont work at Montana. Need a guy like Read who can develope quarterbacks and understands the short passing game. Montana cant get the offensive linemen to play that style. Hauck had success but couldnt get to the top.

How can anyone say Hauck 's system couldn't get to the top?? What he accomplished is incredible. Hauck 's style wins championships, just look at NDSU. UM has every ability to get those recruits.
Idiot

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BillingsMafia said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
BillingsMafia said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

And I agree. I think most fans would not support an extension at this time.

spsyk said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
BillingsMafia said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Because arguable he is the worst HC since Larry Donavon.

If you don't extend him a year than you must fire him now.

Inspector Griz said:

OK list, but I don't see any of them as a Griz head coach in the future.

get'em_griz said:
I think that if Stitt is unable to get it done, then bring back Pflugrad. Give him another chance now that his executioner is gone.

+1 :thumb:

Pflu definitely had this program moving in the right direction - then Royce happened!

OmegaGRIZ said:
griz5700 said:
BillingsMafia said:
Pater_Ursus_Arctos said:

Idiot

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post just oozes intelligence. Typical garbage from omega.

GrizGuy said:
Honestly, I think that unless the Griz are .500 or under, Stitt gets an extension of at least a year. I think it takes at least three years to really have all your own pieces in place to see if you're capable as a HC. I'd give him four or five. Mostly because I just happen to think the last thing the program needs is yet another HC change. Probably not a popular thought, given we're 6-5 and not in the playoffs. But it IS a winning year record-wise, I do think it takes awhile to get your pieces in place.
:thumb:

griz5700 said:
BillingsMafia said:
Pater_Ursus_Arctos said:

I watched Bobby's team for years, yes much better than what we have now but could not win the championship. I always thought it was lack of a creative short passing game. Deep in the playoffs the griz could not dominate the top competition. Year after year. That's how.

Back