• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

In-State football recruits for 2013

Helena Capital or Glacier do not have enrollments larger than Butte and they tend to produce good players. Size of the school in AA doesn't matter, it is more so about having a program which teaches a good work ethic and the ability to make plays. What a year for the bulldogs, my Hat is off to them...interesting to see where some of their seniors end up, any insight on what the QB may want to do??? Scary for the rest of the AA that he is back next year.

griz4life said:
It doesn't really look like a great Sr. Class for MT AA. The Billings teams seem to be down, CMR just lost to Butte. No offense to Butte but it's enrollment is small for AA which makes it hard to field a complete team.

An incomplete team just won the AA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP?! :roll: :lol:

The Highwayman said:
Helena Capital or Glacier do not have enrollments larger than Butte and they tend to produce good players. Size of the school in AA doesn't matter, it is more so about having a program which teaches a good work ethic and the ability to make plays. What a year for the bulldogs, my Hat is off to them...interesting to see where some of their seniors end up, any insight on what the QB may want to do??? Scary for the rest of the AA that he is back next year.

Butte's QB is a 16 year old man-child! Gonna make some college team happy after next HS season...

He's very good at B-Ball as well, and may choose that route. A lot depends on how the next 2 seasons of B-Ball and 1 season of F-Ball go...

The Highwayman said:

They are originally from Texas (I believe). His dad says no way he will stay in Montana.... :twocents:

putter said:
The Highwayman said:

They are originally from Texas (I believe). His dad says no way he will stay in Montana.... :twocents:
From the sounds of things that is good news.....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

The Highwayman said:

Helena capital does, Glacier does not.

Hammer said:
The Highwayman said:

While I agree that the type of program is the most important, size does matter. A school with double the enrollment, and therefore double the amount of kids should be able to have good teams on a consistent basis.

TRIBUNE SUPER-STATE

OFFENSE

Quarterback
Dallas Cook, Butte, 6-4, 210, Jr. (Class of 2014)

Running backs
Hunter Thomsen, CMR, 5-11, 180, Sr.
Gunnar Brekke, Capital, 6-0, 180, Sr. (UM Verbal)

Receivers
Troy Arntson, Helena, 5-7, 145, Jr. (Class of 2014)
Kyle Griffith, Glacier, 6-0, 180, Sr.
Nico Graham, Big Sky, 5-10, 175, Sr. (UM Verbal)

O-line
Dylan Mahoney, CMR, 6-6, 245, Sr. (msu Verbal)
Nick Butorovich, Butte, 6-4, 300, Sr.
Cody Walk, Skyview, 6-4, 250, Sr.
Joel Kramer, Hellgate, 6-0, 220, Sr.
Tucker Schye, Malta, 6-4, 215, Sr. (UM Verbal)

Kicker
Jake Dennehy, Butte, 6-3, 195, Sr.

All-purpose
Josh Horner, CMR, 6-5, 205, Sr.

DEFENSE
D-line
Devin Jeffries, Glacier, 6-2, 233, Sr.
Jesse Stenzel, CMR, 6-1, 195, Sr.
Will Dissly, Bozeman, 6-3, 230, Jr. (Class of 2014)
Avery Baldry, B.Central, 6-1, 270, Sr.

Linebackers
CJ Holland, Helena, 5-11, 195, Sr.
Grant Collins, Bozeman, 6-3, 190, Jr. (Class of 2014)
Jason Baker, West, 5-11, 180, Sr.
Brock Schriver, Fairview, 6-1, 190, Sr.

Secondary
Josh Janssen, Loyola S.H., 6-1, 190, Sr. (UM Verbal)
Reid Siderius, Glacier, 6-3, 175, Sr.
Ben Folsom, Dillon, 6-2, 190, Sr. (msu Verbal- mormon mission)
Quinn McQueary, Manhattan, 6-3, 195, Sr. (msu Verbal)

Just one man's opinion about the top 6 players on this list that have not verbaled...

1-Devin Jeffries, Glacier, 6-2, 233, Sr. (AA Co-Defensive player of the year- I doubt he stays in-state)

2- Josh Horner, CMR, 6-5, 205, Sr. (Mr. everything for CMR)
3-Kyle Griffith, Glacier, 6-0, 180, Sr. (1000 yards and 80+ catches as a senior)
4-Nick Butorovich, Butte, 6-4, 300, Sr. (Mamoth man child... will need some tutoring... Mr Gragg!)
5-Hunter Thomsen, CMR, 5-11, 180, Sr. (small RB with a huge heart)
6-Reid Siderius, Glacier, 6-3, 175, Sr. (By far the best DB in the state with 8 Int's)

Note... I dont know much about Avery Baldry, B.Central, 6-1, 270, Sr., but seems like a huge HS d-lineman from a very well coached program...

Paytonlives said:
Just one man's opinion about the top 6 players on this list that have not verbaled...

1-Devin Jeffries, Glacier, 6-2, 233, Sr. (AA Co-Defensive player of the year- I doubt he stays in-state)

2- Josh Horner, CMR, 6-5, 205, Sr. (Mr. everything for CMR)
3-Kyle Griffith, Glacier, 6-0, 180, Sr. (1000 yards and 80+ catches as a senior)
4-Nick Butorovich, Butte, 6-4, 300, Sr. (Mamoth man child... will need some tutoring... Mr Gragg!)
5-Hunter S. Thomsen, CMR, 5-11, 180, Sr. (small RB with a huge heart)
6-Reid Siderius, Glacier, 6-3, 175, Sr. (By far the best DB in the state with 8 Int's)

Note... I dont know much about Avery Baldry, B.Central, 6-1, 270, Sr., but seems like a huge HS d-lineman from a very well coached program...
good to see we have a backup plan in case florio takes a job somewhere else. :lol:

The one pick I question on this list is Denehhy as kicker on the all-state team. He wasn't even 1st team all-state in AA. He was second team all-state with 2 guys ahead of him. Kyle Griffith (Glacier) and Trevin Thompson (Helena) were a lot better. Heck the West kicker could atleast kick the ball in the endzone 80% of the time.

Can't agree with picking a guy that made one awesome kick but missed 5-10 extra points during the year.

The list seems extremely AA heavy to me. Maybe rightfully so, but I have to think theres some great small school talent that was missed.

grizpack said:
Hammer said:
The Highwayman said:

While I agree that the type of program is the most important, size does matter. A school with double the enrollment, and therefore double the amount of kids should be able to have good teams on a consistent basis.

While I agree generally... Flathead had over 2000 students in the 70's and 80's and did not win squat...

Watched Horner play hoop last Saturday. He dunked on Havre three times and all were very athletic and powerful post move dunks. He's quick and he's ripped. I could see him being a great LB for the Griz or Cats

Paytonlives said:
grizpack said:
Hammer said:
The Highwayman said:

While I agree generally... Flathead had over 2000 students in the 70's and 80's and did not win squat...

I agree 100% Payton. Flathead should have and now Bozeman should dominate in most sports. Bozeman has had a good run lately, but not consistently.

The Helena High kicker was the best kicker I saw all year. By a ways. Griffith was also very good.

Back