• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

In-State football recruits for 2013

Of the smaller school kids, I don't see many that should have made the Super State list above any of the kids on it. Hanser from Billings Central, Cody Vitt, as well as Dave Cross from Hot Springs are three that come to mind.

As for lower level kids, Adam Kay should at least be in the conversation for this team. He had 19 catches in the state championship game alone.

Someone to mention would be Carson King junior from Dillon, He had over 100 tackles, 4 forced fumbles, two int and not two mention he has qualified every year for the high school finals in stear wrestling. The kid is a flat out stud. at 6'3" 215 lbs. Granted next year is his final season but what a nice junior year. I would love for the Griz to steal him from the Cats. Go Griz!

zeezrom said:
Someone to mention would be Carson King junior from Dillon, He had over 100 tackles, 4 forced fumbles, two int and not two mention he has qualified every year for the high school finals in stear wrestling. The kid is a flat out stud. at 6'3" 215 lbs. Granted next year is his final season but what a nice junior year. I would love for the Griz to steal him from the Cats. Go Griz!

Holdsclaw from Havre...very raw but a man among boys.

Dave Cross should get a look. He could be a sleeper. I watched him and came away wanting him on the Griz squad! Big fast and strong. Hot Springs player.

grizophile said:
zeezrom said:

Holdsclaw from Havre...very raw but a man among boys.

Any relation to the late Thurman Holdsclaw who played hoops for Northern in the mid 90s?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

grizatwork said:
McQueery from Manhatten. Could be someones starting safety next year.

Good athlete.

The Bozeman KPAX news anchor oozes admirtation for this kid like he's the decendant of Jesus Christ. He's good at his level, but hardly that.

In fact I saw one offensive highlight that the anchor played, showed very slightly off the ball, McQueery get totally knocked on his ass (the announcer of course didn't mention it)...I got a little joy out of that--because of the blowhard anchor.

But none-the-less, the kid is pretty good. Surely a good future college player... and we'll have to put up with the Bozeman news jibberish some more. :lol:

putter said:
The Highwayman said:
Helena Capital or Glacier do not have enrollments larger than Butte and they tend to produce good players. Size of the school in AA doesn't matter, it is more so about having a program which teaches a good work ethic and the ability to make plays. What a year for the bulldogs, my Hat is off to them...interesting to see where some of their seniors end up, any insight on what the QB may want to do??? Scary for the rest of the AA that he is back next year.

They are originally from Texas (I believe). His dad says no way he will stay in Montana.... :twocents:

Philly, putter.

Paytonlives said:
Just one man's opinion about the top 6 players on this list that have not verbaled...

1-Devin Jeffries, Glacier, 6-2, 233, Sr. (AA Co-Defensive player of the year- I doubt he stays in-state)

2- Josh Horner, CMR, 6-5, 205, Sr. (Mr. everything for CMR)
3-Kyle Griffith, Glacier, 6-0, 180, Sr. (1000 yards and 80+ catches as a senior)
4-Nick Butorovich, Butte, 6-4, 300, Sr. (Mamoth man child... will need some tutoring... Mr Gragg!)
5-Hunter Thomsen, CMR, 5-11, 180, Sr. (small RB with a huge heart)
6-Reid Siderius, Glacier, 6-3, 175, Sr. (By far the best DB in the state with 8 Int's)

Note... I dont know much about Avery Baldry, B.Central, 6-1, 270, Sr., but seems like a huge HS d-lineman from a very well coached program...

Why do you say Butorovich will need some tutoring?

Big men always need help with there feet and the Butte Big man is no exception... It wasn't a slight that he is bad, just that he is BIG!

Paytonlives said:
Big men always need help with there feet and the Butte Big man is no exception... It wasn't a slight that he is bad, just that he is BIG!

Seems like he played only on the offensive line mostly in high school, and that @ RT; too bad they didn't try him out on the DL at Butte. Might be a hidden DT there in the making.

Paytonlives said:

I would think that every offensive lineman from the state of Montana needs tutoring at the next level. Many of these kids are naturally bigger and stronger than their counterparts and rely on that to succeed at the high school level. The nuances of lineplay are overlooked at most high schools, even the AA schools. Smaller schools are even worse. There is so much to learn and at the next level, the guy across from you is as big and strong as you are.

WyomingGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

Seems like he played only on the offensive line mostly in high school, and that @ RT; too bad they didn't try him out on the DL at Butte. Might be a hidden DT there in the making.

Butte Highs Anthony Moritz (Shrine player) played both OL and DL this year, he's 6'1", 280. I think he was a team captian as well.

Butorovich is an earth mover, with good feet, his natural position is RT. If he's a Griz, Gragg will mold him into an NFL player, there's no doubt in my mind.

One advantage of the system Butte uses for offense is that it uses college protection schemes. The same offense that la tech ran and soon to be Cal will run. Pretty complex stuff but pretty sound stuff.

Paytonlives said:

I get now that you weren't slighting Butorovich, but in reality all high school recruits (and even current college players) need tutoring...thank god there are position coaches coaching technique to every player at every position.

Matthew Tokarz. The 6’0” 185 pound quarterback and safety comes to Butte from Kalispell. While at Flathead High School, Tokarz was a standout in both football and track. Next year he will play wide receiver for the Orediggers.

http://mtstandard.com/news/local/three-butte-high-bulldogs-to-play-football-for-montana-tech/article_f9a8fb56-6035-11e2-9c81-001a4bcf887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mt. Tech Verbals:
QB/S- Matthew Tokarz 6’0” 185 (Flathead HS)
QB-Dawson Reardon 6’1” 190 (Helena High HS)
QB/S- Luke Bewley 6’1” 190 (Hellgate HS)
RB- Zack Winfield 6’1” 200 (Helena High HS)
WR- Will Davey 6’1” 175 (Polson HS)
WR- Zach Bunny 5'7" (Butte HS)
OL- Ryan Stemple 6’3” 290 (Big Sky HS)

DL- Anthony Moritz 6’ 275 (Butte HS)
LB- Drew Schleeman 6’3” 215 (Butte HS)

http://mtstandard.com/news/local/three-butte-high-bulldogs-to-play-football-for-montana-tech/article_f9a8fb56-6035-11e2-9c81-001a4bcf887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msu-Northern verbals
QB/DB/P- Austin Walker 6'2" 215 (Choteau HS)
LB- Josh Jones 5-10, 225 (Chinook HS)
LB- Eric Rayome 5-11, 210 (Townsend HS)

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/article/20130108/SPORTS/301080024/Frontier-Conference-Extra-Austin-Walker-among-MSU-N-recruits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back