• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ Trial

Johnson: He danced with one of the woman's friends. Danced more with Kelly. Then he went home. #johnsontrial Evening recess.

Didn't mention the "Jordy, I would do you anytime"?

and done for the day, and off tomorrow. that should leave an interesting plate for the jury to chew on over the next day and a half. ballsy move by the defense, no two ways about it. and I like the move a lot!

RobGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:
wanted to put him on the stand today. not much time left and they wont be in court tomorrow. not much if any testimony left. JJ cross will be shorter. they will try to stay away from major subjects, they will just try to prove his charcter
Says who? They have just as much time to put on a case as the prosecution...DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

You aren't exactly up to speed. As of begining of last week the defense had used more of their alloted time than the prosecution and both had used over half.

RobGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:
wanted to put him on the stand today. not much time left and they wont be in court tomorrow. not much if any testimony left. JJ cross will be shorter. they will try to stay away from major subjects, they will just try to prove his charcter
Says who? They have just as much time to put on a case as the prosecution...DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Actually RobGriz last week they reported the time that EACH side had used up and each were at about 50% (or so) as I recall. Each side's "time" is counted in the cross as well.

Missoulian tweeted this at the end of the Thursday hearings:

Judge said state has used up 665 minutes so far; defense is at 535. #johnsontrial They can't go over a certain limit, around 1,100.

So there were roughly 5 hours used on Friday, not keeping track lets say each used 150 there (half) and today as well lets go another 150 per side and you're looking at 965 for the prosecution and 835 for the defense. I'm not sure how they keep track of minutes though so I could be over with my last two days guess. They may not run the timer during meetings in judge's offices and in objections - that's why I used a reduced number per day of 5 hours.

tnt said:
RobGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:

You aren't exactly up to speed. As of begining of last week the defense had used more of their alloted time than the prosecution and both had used over half.

Other way around TNT, the state had used up more of their allotted time

Forshizzlegrizzle said:
I love how Egriz brings the best out in people. How dare anyone have a thought or opinion about anything without being ALL CAPed out of the room. Jokers
Yeah, that's what I was doing. I was asking a question and was hoping it was answered. I realize that some, or actually, MOST of you get butthurt when someone uses all caps. I won't let it happen again so that hopefully it will save your feelings. Meanwhile why don't you grab a tissue, gulp down a Midol or two and turn on Oprah. This too shall pass.

BWahlberg said:
tnt said:
RobGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Other way around TNT, the state had used up more of their allotted time
\

Correct....

BWahlberg said:
RobGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Actually RobGriz last week they reported the time that EACH side had used up and each were at about 50% (or so) as I recall. Each side's "time" is counted in the cross as well.

Missoulian tweeted this at the end of the Thursday hearings:

Judge said state has used up 665 minutes so far; defense is at 535. #johnsontrial They can't go over a certain limit, around 1,100.

So there were roughly 5 hours used on Friday, not keeping track lets say each used 150 there (half) and today as well lets go another 150 per side and you're looking at 965 for the prosecution and 835 for the defense. I'm not sure how they keep track of minutes though so I could be over with my last two days guess. They may not run the timer during meetings in judge's offices and in objections - that's why I used a reduced number per day of 5 hours.
Thanks Brint!

RobGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:
They only have a few witnesses on list and they already called Johnson.....do you know what your talking about?

Feminists, at least the militant ones, love to hark back to the Salem Witch Trials... a major set-piece of the feminist hall of honor/ hall of horror in history. Agreed... it was a horrible segment of our nation's history. Shameful. But I wonder if the feminists can objectively realize that this travesty of justice is the SAME $HIT with gender reversal. Back then, false accusations led to a woman's demise. Now, we don't have hanging and dunking... just the pillorying of a man's good name.

Jerry Punch said:
I admit that I improperly ascribed a desire to expose the victim to you. That's all on Special K.

Being able to admit you were wrong on Egriz should be considered a super power over here.

Seriously, I appreciate it.

A Lawyer friend of mine said that a defendant is NEVER put on the stand unless they feel that they are behind... Interesting...

JJ was having deep feelings for his "girlfriend", yet quickly pushed those feelings aside when he thought he was "guaranteed" some action... "Perhaps" he was not to be denied??

Interesting turn of events....

spokaneman said:
A Lawyer friend of mine said that a defendant is NEVER put on the stand unless they feel that they are behind... Interesting...

JJ was having deep feelings for his "girlfriend", yet quickly pushed those feelings aside when he thought he was "guaranteed" some action... "Perhaps" he was not to be denied??

spokaneman is getting more desperate by the moment as he watches Paoli and Company kick ass and take names in this trial.

It must really be a sad, sad exisitince to have so much invested in the outcome of a trial, simply because you're rooting against a player of a rival so he doesn't put up 50 on your team next year. I'd feel a little sorry for him if wasn't a tool.

Is anyone else anticipating a witness or two to describe or corroborate JDoe's reported attraction / obsession with JJ? I wonder if the PI found anyone else on that angle (The I'd do you any time JJ" kind of statements)? Or were those all in text messages? I think JJ is on the stand because Paoli wants the jury to see JJ, get to know him firsthand and then hear a definitive voice from the accused. Does not imply that defense is hurting at all, IMO. The cross is going to be the kicker, but he wouldn't be up there if he couldn't handle it.

spokaneman said:

The defense has consistently said from the very beginning of trial that they were going to put JJ on the stand. This has very little to nothing to do with where the defense feels they stand with the jury; instead its a reflection of how strongly they feel JJ holds up as a witness.

spokaneman said:

Could be. But then again Pabst also told the jury in her opening statement that the jury would hear JJ testify. If you asked your attorney friend I bet they would also tell you never to tell the jury in the opening statement that they will hear something and then don't give it to them, because they're going to wonder why you were unable or unwilling to deliver.

EverettGriz said:
spokaneman said:

spokaneman is getting more desperate by the moment as he watches Paoli and Company kick ass and take names in this trial.

It must really be a sad, sad exisitince to have so much invested in the outcome of a trial, simply because you're rooting against a player of a rival so he doesn't put up 50 on your team next year. I'd feel a little sorry for him if wasn't a tool.
I think it's a good move by the defense. If I were falsely accused of rape , I'll be damned if I would sit there and not testify. I am not saying he was falsely accused of rape but testifying is a good thing in my book.

spokaneman said:

How would it look to the jury, if it was promised that they would hear the truth from JJ, and then JJ never takes the stand.

Use what ever little brain juice you have left and fucking think for once...

Back