• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ Trial

Ashamed said:
Cats2506 said:
EverettGriz said:
For people who claim to have no vested interest in this case (which we all knew was effin laughable to begin with!!) there sure are a hell of a lot of cat fans watching every freakin tweet of this case, and then posting here with an obvious bias on their meaning and impact.

just sayin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So this case is laughable :?

I dont think JJ or the woman is laughing right now

I think you should be banned for life, and I am against 99.999999999% of bannings.

You are one of the worst posters I have ever seen.
then, don't read his/her posts...next problem?

GrizLA said:
Ashamed said:
Cats2506 said:
EverettGriz said:
For people who claim to have no vested interest in this case (which we all knew was effin laughable to begin with!!) there sure are a hell of a lot of cat fans watching every freakin tweet of this case, and then posting here with an obvious bias on their meaning and impact.

just sayin...

I think you should be banned for life, and I am against 99.999999999% of bannings.

don't you have some complaining to do in the basketball threads?

Very interesting toward the end today where the alleged victim essentially accused Johnson of assaulting other women as well. Judge disallowed something but I bet it comes back up when the counselor in question is called to testify.

Kodiak said:
Hung Jury....the Prosecution will have to decide if they want to try him again. My bet is they won't want to. If they don't re-try, he's free.
If he is guilty could there be an appeal and on what grounds? A retrial in Montana might be impossible.

Is Gwen Florio the one posting for the Missoulian? Wonder why they stopped about the time the defense took over questioning?

Ashamed said:
GrizLA said:
Ashamed said:
Cats2506 said:

nope, but if I had, simply do not read them! You offer nothing here nor there, but I read your sophomoric rants in spite of it..

GrizLA said:
Kodiak said:
Hung Jury....the Prosecution will have to decide if they want to try him again. My bet is they won't want to. If they don't re-try, he's free.
If he is guilty could there be an appeal and on what grounds? A retrial in Montana might be impossible.

Not sure on what grounds as I am not there at the trial. However, I am sure JJ's legal team would find something to appeal on...they are a savvy crew. Juries can do anything but a hung jury is much more likely than a guilty verdict from the testimony I've read.

grizpack said:
GrizLA said:
GrizMusician said:
Yukon said:
"Judge deciding if series of texts are hearsay. #johnsontrial"

How the f*ck would they be hearsay? She sent them from her phone! :evil:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
How do you know it was her? She had a room mate..it is hearsay..

Maybe they were considering whether texts from other people to her were hearsay.
It is a loaded and murky field, to be sure.

GrizLA said:
Ashamed said:
GrizLA said:
Ashamed said:

nope, but if I had, simply do not read them! You offer nothing here nor there, but I read your sophomoric rants in spite of it..

I offer nothing? Thanks :thumb: I strive for excellence!

KeilaSzpaller (@KeilaSzpaller) tweeted at 4:27 PM on Wed, Feb 13, 2013:
Paoli: Woman was grateful to be put in touch with a law firm in Atlanta with lawyer who files cases for money. #johnsontrial
(https://twitter.com/KeilaSzpaller/status/301834981913817088" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

WHAAAAAAAT!? :shock:

Kodiak said:
GrizLA said:
Kodiak said:

Not sure on what grounds as I am not there at the trial. However, I am sure JJ's legal team would find something to appeal on...they are a savvy crew. Juries can do anything but a hung jury is much more likely than a guilty verdict from the testimony I've read.
a tainted jury? Are they sequestered? What a mess...a mini version of the OJ trial in LA...

1976griz said:
Is Gwen Florio the one posting for the Missoulian? Wonder why they stopped about the time the defense took over questioning?

Really?! The Missoulian was tweeting all day. They actually did a very good job, IMO.

BDizzle said:
1976griz said:

Really?! The Missoulian was tweeting all day. They actually did a very good job, IMO.

I think they were thrown in "twitter Jail" at one point for having more than 100 tweets in an hour. That would be my guess anyways. One of their reporters took over and was posting from her own account until the Missoulian account came back online just before the day ended.

Paoli is building a strong sense of the signals she sent JJ, and that she is very confused in the sense that she wanted it / then didn't want it, didn't want to report anything / reported it, was devastated / went to a party, etc. The "bedroom" scene in cross certainly turned me around 180 degrees from her compelling earlier testimony. She has a lot of contradictory statements. It looks like she gave coached testimony that is not always consistent with what she actually did or said to others. What's the deal with the Atlanta firm? Is she just doing the criminal charge to set up a civil suit? I don't get that part at all. If Paoli has some credible corroborating witnesses, coupled with supporting texts, this case is rapidly sinking into the murky darkness of reasonable doubt. Scary stuff though. Maybe I'm a pig, but I guess I feel JJ's plight thus far is commensurate punishment with the level of the offense. Again, I am probably a chauvinist.

Re comparison to the OJ double murder trial. I just googled it. Only 250 potential jurors in the initial pool there. I will let you draw your own conclusions from that...

Ashamed said:
GrizLA said:
Ashamed said:
Cats2506 said:

That was damn funny!

Buttegrizzle said:
Paoli is building a strong sense of the signals she sent JJ, and that she is very confused in the sense that she wanted it / then didn't want it, didn't want to report anything / reported it, was devastated / went to a party, etc. The "bedroom" scene in cross certainly turned me around 180 degrees from her compelling earlier testimony. She has a lot of contradictory statements. It looks like she gave coached testimony that is not always consistent with what she actually did or said to others. What's the deal with the Atlanta firm? Is she just doing the criminal charge to set up a civil suit? I don't get that part at all. If Paoli has some credible corroborating witnesses, coupled with supporting texts, this case is rapidly sinking into the murky darkness of reasonable doubt. Scary stuff though. Maybe I'm a pig, but I guess I feel JJ's plight thus far is commensurate punishment with the level of the offense. Again, I am probably a chauvinist.

Absolutely agree. Something is really fishy.

Buttegrizzle said:
Re comparison to the OJ double murder trial. I just googled it. Only 250 potential jurors in the initial pool there. I will let you draw your own conclusions from that...

Wow... what a shocker! :shock: Thank you for sharing fellow Butte rat!

Buttegrizzle said:

Cant really compare the two in terms of jury pool. LA county has nearly 10 million people in it. Missoula county.... not so much. Finding a jury from 250 people in LA that would be unbiased would be alot easier than finding a jury from 400 people in Missoula that would be the same. Maybe that was your point though and I am just an idiot and reading it the wrong way. ;)

I'm also pretty sure OJ jury was sequestered. I don't think this jury is. Not that that has anything to do with jury pool itself though.

Not really comparing the two trials, but I just get the feeling that 5 prosecutors and a pool of 400 potential jurors screams out that the prosecution is going for broke under watchful eyes of the DOJ on this one. Trying too hard to make a high profile "example" perhaps?

Back