• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ Trial

grizfromhel said:
So how long did the jury deliberate----three hours ??? I would say that the short time is not just an acquittal of the accused, but a slap in the face to the prosecution for even bringing the case. They really ought to be embarrassed for putting someone through that meat grinder when the jury so thoroughly rejected their charges.Where are Eric Holder and Pat Williams now that we need someone to be accountable for this debacle???

They'll be off falsely accusing someone else real soon.

argh! said:
i find it sad people think this is something to 'party' about. we'll never know what really happened.
Nope we will never know what happened, but if I know anything I know this......you are an IDIOT and I'll bet all 12 jurors would agree with me.

grizfromhel said:
So how long did the jury deliberate----three hours ??? I would say that the short time is not just an acquittal of the accused, but a slap in the face to the prosecution for even bringing the case. They really ought to be embarrassed for putting someone through that meat grinder when the jury so thoroughly rejected their charges.Where are Eric Holder and Pat Williams now that we need someone to be accountable for this debacle???

they obviously believed the girl. i know people who speak very highly of her and have no doubt she is telling the truth. while you obviously didn't agree with the decision to bring the case to trial, it doesn't sound like the decision to do so was as black and white as you want it to be.

oh but wait, you are a lawyer, so you must know it all.

argh! said:
grizfromhel said:

they obviously believed the girl. i know people who speak very highly of her and have no doubt she is telling the truth. while you obviously didn't agree with the decision to bring the case to trial, it doesn't sound like the decision to do so was as black and white as you want it to be.

oh but wait, you are a lawyer, so you must know it all.

Next time she will scream rape when another person is a mere ten feet away. Right argie?

AZGrizFan said:
argh! said:
i find it sad people think this is something to 'party' about. we'll never know what really happened.

Well, we know what DIDN'T happen. :thumb:

And that is something to party about.

Vegas again??? :thumb: ouch.... my liver just punched me :shock:

There was no winner in this case. Two young lives have been changed forever and both have suffered immeasurable loss. The fallout from this storm, as we all know, is even much wider and affected many other lives. My heart goes out to Jane Doe; I truly hope she goes on to live a productive, successful and most importantly, happy and loving life. I think the verdict was not only fair and just, but also the only reasonable outcome. Each case in unique and in this particular case, I resolutely agree that no crime was committed. That being said, this is not over. Johnson still faces an oncoming train in many regards and I wish him strength, courage, happiness and love each and every day. I have no qualms about admitting that I am in tears and have been ever since the verdict was announced. I am happy that Jordan was acquitted, but my tears are not all tears of joy. There are many things about the whole situation (the emotional toll on Jane Doe, the U of M kangaroo court, outside influences, a huge expenditure of State/County resources, a huge emotional and financial toll on the Johnson family and the publicity that will follow this case for years, among other things) that just make me feel sad.

argh! said:

You are quite the ass argh. A young man is spared severe penalty and imprisonment for a crime which twelve of his peers had little hesitation in finding he did not do, and you say that "we'll never know what really happened". Who anointed you to make such judgments???

You had a very fixed opinion of what the outcome of this case should be, and thank God there are twelve jurors in Missoula, Montana, who are a lot smarter than you. They, after all, listened to the evidence as presented, which you obviously weren't interested in. Why fog up those glasses which are so transfixed on guilt.

Special K said:
Copper Griz said:
If Jordan Johnson gets acquitted - this trial will prove to be a major deterrent for legitimate rape victims. Florio and the alleged victim will have turned the dial back in time on rape cases in the state of Montana. The prosecution and the DOJ should be held responsible as well. Victims will now have one more reason to fear coming forward. Truthfully could be a very sad day for victims in general. All this could have been prevented, but the lunch mob won out. Shameful

Your a joke. I guess you don't believe in the justice system, JJ was found innocent. End of story. I suppose you want him put in jail so future wackos can cry rape anytime they want, just like liberals crying racism all of the time.

Read the post again. Actually read it. I believed JJ should have been found inncocent and this should have never went to trial. My various other posts are consistent with this. READ the post and I lay blame at the feet of the accuser, GF, the state and the DOJ. They did a lot of damage for real victims. Geesh.

Special K said:
Copper Griz said:
If Jordan Johnson gets acquitted - this trial will prove to be a major deterrent for legitimate rape victims. Florio and the alleged victim will have turned the dial back in time on rape cases in the state of Montana. The prosecution and the DOJ should be held responsible as well. Victims will now have one more reason to fear coming forward. Truthfully could be a very sad day for victims in general. All this could have been prevented, but the lunch mob won out. Shameful

Your a joke. I guess you don't believe in the justice system, JJ was found innocent. End of story. I suppose you want him put in jail so future wackos can cry rape anytime they want, just like liberals crying racism all of the time.

I agree with the verdict, but you are dead wrong about him being found "innocent." He was found "not guilty" because the state did not prove their case. That was probably because the accused was in fact innocent, but not necessarily.

OldtiredGRiz said:
There was no winner in this case. Two young lives have been changed forever and both have suffered immeasurable loss. The fallout from this storm, as we all know, is even much wider and affected many other lives. My heart goes out to Jane Doe; I truly hope she goes on to live a productive, successful and most importantly, happy and loving life. I think the verdict was not only fair and just, but also the only reasonable outcome. Each case in unique and in this particular case, I resolutely agree that no crime was committed. That being said, this is not over. Johnson still faces an oncoming train in many regards and I wish him strength, courage, happiness and love each and every day. I have no qualms about admitting that I am in tears and have been ever since the verdict was announced. I am happy that Jordan was acquitted, but my tears are not all tears of joy. There are many things about the whole situation (the emotional toll on Jane Doe, the U of M kangaroo court, outside influences, a huge expenditure of State/County resources, a huge emotional and financial toll on the Johnson family and the publicity that will follow this case for years, among other things) that just make me feel sad.

Great post, OTG.

I, too, feel for the woman involved and hope her life is a great one. I have no ill will toward her.

I reserve that for a few other key players who I believed severely damaged two seemingly good people's lives. For that, there is little forgiveness.

grizfromhel said:
argh! said:

You are quite the ass argh. A young man is spared severe penalty and imprisonment for a crime which twelve of his peers had little hesitation in finding he did not do, and you say that "we'll never know what really happened". Who anointed you to make such judgments???

You had a very fixed opinion of what the outcome of this case should be, and thank God there are twelve jurors in Missoula, Montana, who are a lot smarter than you. They, after all, listened to the evidence as presented, which you obviously weren't interested in. Why fog up those glasses which are so transfixed on guilt.

Not entirely true, the jury had little hesitation in finding that the Prosecution did not prove the allegations without a doubt... I am not saying anything about what did or did not happen, just that the 2 statements are very different

grizfromhel said:
argh! said:

i thought he would probably be found not guilty, which he was. unless you do know what happened in that bedroom, i.e. whether "no" was said or not? i'm sorry to upset you, but people don't often respond to sex by telling someone else they have just been raped. but go on and excoriate, if it makes you feel good.

srgrizizen said:
Special K said:
Copper Griz said:

I agree with the verdict, but you are dead wrong about him being found "innocent." He was found "not guilty" because the state did not prove their case. That was probably because the accused was in fact innocent, but not necessarily.[/quote
Whatever. Go piss in someone else's cornflakes. The rest of us are celebrating justice being served. Every attorney I know who has knowledge of this case said it should have never even gone to trial.

OldtiredGRiz said:

Exactly. If you are praying folk, I hope you save some for both the two involved and their families. If not hopefully you will offer a happy thought for them because it's going to be a long slog back to normalacy.

cclarkblues said:
OldtiredGRiz said:

Exactly. If you are praying folk, I hope you save some for both the two involved and their families. If not hopefully you will offer a happy thought for them because it's going to be a long slog back to normalacy.

these are two excellent posts.

grizengnr said:
I sure hope he decides to come back and play for the Griz again!

And that is the big question. Will he or won't he? I was told no, but not from someone I would consider a "reliable source". I hope he does and I hope he does damn well!

NY Times quick to report.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/03/01/us/ap-us-university-sexual-assault.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

argh! said:
cclarkblues said:
OldtiredGRiz said:

these are two excellent posts.

You are so politically correct. Do you have to pinch yourself often? :cool:

Back