• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

maybe transferring players thought...

I love these threads. A bunch of people who make comments as if they know what is a players or coaches head. Who had 1st team rep. If they were evenly split. Stitt was bad. Stitt was good. Hauck was bad. Hauck was good. The facts are quite different.

Whther you like or hate Stitt and Hauck the facts are as follows.

Stitt's didnt get a fair shake. What happened behind the scenes is anyone's guess. Stitts oldest recruiting class were Sophomores last year. He was dealing with young players filled in by someone else's upper classmen.

Hauck in any meaningful way hasnt been a winning head coach in almost a decade. His past success here does give me hope but some of his coaching hires are suspect. The one thing everyone has in common on this board is they love guys that have bled for this program. Apparently this staff doesnt feel the same way.

Fact- The Transfer QB, the drop down RB, the Drop down safety and his son were getting the vast majority of 1st team reps on Day 1 of spring.

Whether you want to believe or not,they moved on from Jensen before a single snap in spring and he isnt the only one. There were other major contributors from last years team in the same boat.

For a fan base that prides itself on being a hard nosed, hard working, you get what you earn mentality kind of contradicts what a lot of people on here are saying and how the staff put guys that have never played a down here over guys that have balled out for this team. Doesnt it?

If anyone thinks that there are major problems in that locker room you are greatly mistaken. Ask any player that wasnt a transfer.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
hayzeus kristos, greenie, what are you talking about(bqm) i was referring to montana football, which cannot be compared to big time athletics such as can be found at pac-12 schools and the like.

Montana is fairly big time football. It's not Pac-12, but it's in that general ballpark for how coaches are hired.

as you well know, gumbie, "fairly big time" isn't "big time".

It's close enough, and the fan base acts like a big time program in demanding success and a good and successful coach. A handful or more of big financial supporters and a handful or more of big and close other supporters of the program have considerable influence. They don't run the program, but they have influence. Just a fact of life.

Hey, where's your proposal on how the UM football coach should be hired and fired?

i'm a little disappointed in myself for not thinking up the "gumbie" moniker earlier. like, 1999.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Something has gone wrong here. I understand bringing in a guy for some depth. A new coach will always lead to conflicts with some players, and they'll transfer out. But there is some shady shit going on where the All-American QB wants to take off, and other players are calling people out.

Could be that the timid and weak are being weeded out
Yes.

PAGriz said:
I love these threads. A bunch of people who make comments as if they know what is a players or coaches head. Who had 1st team rep. If they were evenly split. Stitt was bad. Stitt was good. Hauck was bad. Hauck was good. The facts are quite different.

Stitt's didnt get a fair shake. What happened behind the scenes is anyone's guess. Stitts oldest recruiting class were Sophomores last year. He was dealing with young players filled in by someone else's upper classmen.

Hauck in any meaningful way hasnt been a winning head coach in almost a decade. His past success here does give me hope but some of his coaching hires are suspect. The one thing everyone has in common on this board is they love guys that have bled for this program. Apparently this staff doesnt feel the same way.

Fact- The Transfer QB, the drop down RB, the Drop down safety and his son were getting the vast majority of 1st team reps on Day 1 of spring.

Whether you want to believe or not,they moved on from Jensen before a single snap in spring and he isnt the only one. There were other major contributors from last years team in the same boat.

For a fan base that prides itself on being a hard nosed, hard working, you get what you earn mentality kind of contradicts what a lot of people on here are saying and how the staff put guys that have never played a down here over guys that have balled out for this team. Doesnt it?

If anyone thinks that there are major problems in that locker room you are greatly mistaken. Ask any player that wasnt a transfer.

Thanks Bob for your insight. Hope that fly sweep angle you used to get the job here works well for ya looking for a new gig in the future.

PAGriz said:

...l guess you weren't at the brawl of the wild the last two years when the worst team in the BSC
beats your ass!..the team had NO passion and NO will to win! I know one more year!..
come on move on!

grizghost said:
PAGriz said:

...l guess you weren't at the brawl of the wild the last two years when the worst team in the BSC
beats your ass!..the team had NO passion and NO will to win! I know one more year!..
come on move on!

Weak response. I didn't say one coach or one player was better than they other. Maybe you should try and dispute the FACTS I posted?

Is anything I said not accurate?

PAGriz said:
grizghost said:
PAGriz said:

come on move on!

Weak response. I didn't say one coach or one player was better than they other. Maybe you should try and dispute the FACTS I posted?

Is anything I said not accurate?

..if l understand you? ..not sure I agree with your assessment about Jensen and CO..
not getting a fair shake..do you have any inside info about a premediated conclusion
that Jensen was out and Sneed was in..doesn't sound like Bobby to me but who knows..
maybe Jensen was not comfortable in the system yet and needed more time?...
is that Bobby's fault? ...I really thought somewhere down the line that Jensen would have played...Bobby plays to win and that takes the best players..as of now Sneed was the
best QB not Jensen...thats a fact that cannot be disputed..

PAGriz said:

I have talked to several players and can assure you there are no major problems in the locker room. Was it a major change from the last coaching staff? Absolutely!! However, more than the majority have bought in and realized that Huack wants to get the Griz where Stitt would have never taken them. Stitts teams were not going to get better, not going to get worse, but consistently stay the same. I don’t think anyone wanted that.

Take a look at the coaches that consistently play for and win championships at any level. They push their players, don’t coddle, and expect EVERYONE to compete, ALWAYS!! Fair shake? Who said anything about fair? I think Huack gave all players a notice about competing for positions. That was fair enough.....

Dutch Lane said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Wait, didn't Hauck play the role of Stitt in UNLV's production of this coach changing saga?
Boosters brought in their guy and Hauck got shit canned?
Yes the boosters did bring in their guy at UNLV a former high school coach from Las Vegas’s Bishop Gorman High. Hauck got the axe at UNLV because they continued to suck and he didn’t win enough games.
I followed Hauck at UNLV from beginning to end. I kept up on the LV papers & media, kept up on the W/L, etc. My point: Stop ragging on BH's record at UNLV! No one has responded to my pointing out that the Rebels, under BH, lost to two FCS BSC teams, NAU & SUU one year & beat NCU by only 1 point the following year. BH beat NAU for 7 straight seasons at UM. How could this be? I put the blame on the lack of talent of the UNLV players. Why can a successful coach at one school, go to another school and lose to teams he beat when at the 1st school?

Bobby will never come forth w/ any negative statement on his UNLV experience. So all anyone can do re: that experience is conjecture. As to where UNLV is now after 3 seasons under local HS coach Tony Sanchez, it's a bit better, but not much. A $23 million practice facility has been approved, but far as I know, no ground has been broken. I support UNLV sports, as I now live in Rebel country, but I'm a lifelong Grizz fan as well. Go Grizzz!

PAGriz said:

This.

PAGriz said:

You are calling your opinions facts, in fact, hardly any of them are. You have a hard-on for transfers - so you think you can run a winning program without transfers. Interesting. When you have transfers, they need to be tested more so than incumbents for which you have a wealth of film; that is what spring ball is for. Get over your Stitt butthurt and quit crying.

PAGriz said:

You are obviously not from MT and know almost nothing about Griz football.

You don't have the facts. You have some opinions.

Hauck was a huge winning coach at Montana, for 7 years. 7 conference championships. 7 times in playoffs. 3 national championship games. 4 times to the semis. Like I said, you know nothing about MT history, so you don't know those things.

People like your family members, and you, need to either get on the bus and or move on.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
you are projecting your own insecurities onto others again, greenie.

as for hauck, the other part of your post pretty much summed up the cronyism that got him hired. thanks for the confirmation.

argh, you are the most insecure poster on egriz. The definition of it.

And you just confirmed that you don't understand what is important in big time athletics. Booster, fans and supporters are important constituencies, and they have a significant role in driving college athletics including who is hired for important coaching positions.

How do you think big time college football coaches should be hired, and who do you think should have influence and make the decision? Just the AD and the college president, with no input from anyone else? Not the people who finance the program and its new buildings? Not the people who attend the games? Should the AD not contact people for advice? Should the AD only talk to people he wants to contact, and not accept calls or input from anyone else? Let's see you views on the process. This should be fun.

hayzeus kristos, greenie, what are you talking about(bqm) i was referring to montana football, which cannot be compared to big time athletics such as can be found at pac-12 schools and the like.

Montana is fairly big time football. It's not Pac-12, but it's in that general ballpark for how coaches are hired.

ELITE!! :lol: :lol:

PAGriz said:

Bobcat troller! PapaG right?. Just don't diss on his pwetty wittle wobcats!

This is fake right? What the :roll: GrizNation does not play to have a losing tradition. Stitt couldn't continue or start that winning tradition so of course bring someone back that can. Plain and simple :clap:

GoldenEagle said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh, you are the most insecure poster on egriz. The definition of it.

And you just confirmed that you don't understand what is important in big time athletics. Booster, fans and supporters are important constituencies, and they have a significant role in driving college athletics including who is hired for important coaching positions.

How do you think big time college football coaches should be hired, and who do you think should have influence and make the decision? Just the AD and the college president, with no input from anyone else? Not the people who finance the program and its new buildings? Not the people who attend the games? Should the AD not contact people for advice? Should the AD only talk to people he wants to contact, and not accept calls or input from anyone else? Let's see you views on the process. This should be fun.

Yeah, Montana State is fairly big time football. It's not PAC-12, but it's in that general ballpark for how coaches are hired.

Catsrback76 said:
GoldenEagle said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

Yeah, Montana State is fairly big time football. It's not PAC-12, but it's in that general ballpark for how coaches are hired.

Now there's a triple touche!

Okay, I was a Stitt guy. Still am. So let's look at some facts.

When Hauck took over the program, his predecessors, Dennehy and Glenn, had a combined winning record of 81%. Hauck inherited the proverbial "keys to the Cadillac." Glenn had won one national championship, and come oh-so-close against Georgia Southern in another chipper. (A game that still pisses me off, because we had them on the ropes and let them off through stupid play-calling.) Yes, Hauck got us to the chipper twice, but never won a national championship.

When Stitt took over the program, his predecessors, Pflugrad and Delany, had a combined winning percentage of 64%. So this was no longer a Cadillac. A Nissan, maybe.

Plus Stitt inherited the "Missoula" problem, one of the ugliest chapters in the history of Montana athletics, a problem caused at least in PART by the players Hauck recruited to the Montana program. Until Hauck has continued Stitt's legacy of running a clean program, that taint will remain with Hauck.

I wasn't happy about losing to the Bobcats, but I liked Stitt's recruiting; liked the fact he ran a squeaky clean program; and felt that in any event, a coach deserves four years, for his recruits to be fully implemented into the program.

As most of you know, I remember the basketball tradition at Montana, where Travis DeCuire is putting together a program we can really be proud of--not against second-tier, PONY league competition, but against the best of the best, where we were competitive against a team that went to the championship game of National Association of Big Boys.

So for all you Hauck fans out there, let me just ask one favor of you: Don't put us through the "Missoula" embarrassment again, okay?

citay said:
Okay, I was a Stitt guy. Still am. So let's look at some facts.

When Hauck took over the program, his predecessors, Dennehy and Glenn, had a combined winning record of 81%. Hauck inherited the proverbial "keys to the Cadillac." Glenn had won one national championship, and come oh-so-close against Georgia Southern in another chipper. (A game that still pisses me off, because we had them on the ropes and let them off through stupid play-calling.) Yes, Hauck got us to the chipper twice, but never won a national championship.

When Stitt took over the program, his predecessors, Pflugrad and Delany, had a combined winning percentage of 64%. So this was no longer a Cadillac. A Nissan, maybe.

Plus Stitt inherited the "Missoula" problem, one of the ugliest chapters in the history of Montana athletics, a problem caused at least in PART by the players Hauck recruited to the Montana program. Until Hauck has continued Stitt's legacy of running a clean program, that taint will remain with Hauck.

I wasn't happy about losing to the Bobcats, but I liked Stitt's recruiting; liked the fact he ran a squeaky clean program; and felt that in any event, a coach deserves four years, for his recruits to be fully implemented into the program.

As most of you know, I remember the basketball tradition at Montana, where Travis DeCuire is putting together a program we can really be proud of--not against second-tier, PONY league competition, but against the best of the best, where we were competitive against a team that went to the championship game of National Association of Big Boys.

So for all you Hauck fans out there, let me just ask one favor of you: Don't put us through the "Missoula" embarrassment again, okay?

Squeaky Clean program? didn't justin strong get suspended for beating the shit out of some kid while at a house party? Wasn't there some DUI's and breaking and entering?

For the record, i don't hold a coach accountable for what players do off the field, because well, that's very stupid. but you seem to.

Back