• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana HS Football Recruits 2015

Grinde is listed at 5'11, 213..I for one will be watching him this weekend against Glacier's #1 run defense. (Grinde vs. Hill) Could go a long way in determining where he ends up. My thoughts he will be contained the same way Diaz from Big Sky was shut down last week, but anxious to see this kid show what he has. Am sure there will be an abundance of scouts present wondering the same thing.. :?:

birdieman said:
Grinde is listed at 5'11, 213..I for one will be watching him this weekend against Glacier's #1 run defense. (Grinde vs. Hill) Could go a long way in determining where he ends up. My thoughts he will be contained the same way Diaz from Big Sky was shut down last week, but anxious to see this kid show what he has. Am sure there will be an abundance of scouts present wondering the same thing.. :?:

I agree, 5'11" 213 lbs was his listing when he came to Butte this year. He's been a great back at the Montana Class AA level as a Soph and now this past season in 2014 as a Junior. He's a Dan Moore type back.

Grizzlies1982 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
BDizzle said:
What position would Holden play in college? I don't see him as being a RB. Not sure about his hands to be WR.

At 6'2, 210 pounds, I could seeing him playing OLB.

He plays that on defense already, and said, "“Football has always been my first love,” he continued. “I like getting to hit people.”

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/sports/high-school/football/central-s-holden-ryan-is-focus-of-attention/article_26a00568-b869-54f1-b300-3c04d5639611.html#ixzz3IiIL4AmD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He certainly could play on defense. He's an excellent player on both sides of the ball.
However he really belongs on offense. The kid has a gift for finding the end zone.

He has racked up 47 touchdowns running & receiving the past two seasons. :clap:
The Griz could rotate him between running back, slot, and wide receiver. Regardless of the position we'd just need to get the ball into his hands.

This isn't a slam on the kid, I think he is awesome. Obviously a very talented Montana kid.

I just don't see him having the speed to play slot or WR for a top-twenty Div 1 FCS team. As a soph his speed was ok for a Class A Soph, but he has since bulked up and not gotten "fast".

Don't get me wrong, a definite GREAT player, I just don't see him at slot or WR for the Griz.

Buttegrizzle said:
Hey another kid worth looking at in my opinion is Butte Central's Danny Peoples.

Dad is head coach, so he know football.
Took an severely under populated school to the State A Semis (so far) playing, as far as I know, at QB,kicker, punter and on defense (help me out here Butte guys...safety?)

I have not watched him play this year but have seen him at many football camps and he looks to be a D1 level punter/kicker with the bonus of a QB skill set.

Anyone?

Slim Kimmel (Billings Gazette): Last week prediction: Butte Central over Whitefish – Since their season-opening loss to (#1) Belgrade, the Maroons have been Class A’s most consistently impressive team. They bottled up Laurel last week, and Danny Peoples continued his mastery of the Butte Central offense. Whitefish will have its hands full.

Central ended up beating Whitefish 37-13.
=========================================================================

Griz fans should root for the Butte Central Maroons because their jersey colors are similar, and Griz fans should root against Dillon because their jersey colors are similar to states AND Dillons QB was wearing a montana state t-shirt in the last tv interview I saw. :lol:

One more thing, Danny Peoples uncle is Kevin Peoples (a former Butte Central and Carrol College standout, and Div 1A defensive line coach at Arkansas, now at Georgia Southern).

IntuitiveGriz said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Hey another kid worth looking at in my opinion is Butte Central's Danny Peoples. Dad is head coach, so he know football.
Took an severely under populated school to the State A Semis (so far) playing, as far as I know, at QB,kicker, punter and on defense (help me out here Butte guys...safety?)

I have not watched him play this year but have seen him at many football camps and he looks to be a D1 level punter/kicker with the bonus of a QB skill set. Anyone?

Slim Kimmel (Billings Gazette): Last week prediction: Butte Central over Whitefish – Since their season-opening loss to (#1) Belgrade, the Maroons have been Class A’s most consistently impressive team. They bottled up Laurel last week, and Danny Peoples continued his mastery of the Butte Central offense. Whitefish will have its hands full.

Central ended up beating Whitefish 37-13.
=========================================================================
Griz fans should root for the Butte Central Maroons because their jersey colors are similar, and Dillon jersey colors are similar to states AND Dillons QB was wearing a montana state t-shirt in the last tv interview I saw. :lol:

Well that convinced me. Don't care about the jersey colors, but if their QB is that dense then Dillon certainly deserves to lose. :ugeek:

IntuitiveGriz said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
BDizzle said:
What position would Holden play in college? I don't see him as being a RB. Not sure about his hands to be WR.

He plays that on defense already, and said, "“Football has always been my first love,” he continued. “I like getting to hit people.”

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/sports/high-school/football/central-s-holden-ryan-is-focus-of-attention/article_26a00568-b869-54f1-b300-3c04d5639611.html#ixzz3IiIL4AmD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He certainly could play on defense. He's an excellent player on both sides of the ball.
However he really belongs on offense. The kid has a gift for finding the end zone.

The Griz could rotate him between running back, slot, and wide receiver. Regardless of the position we'd just need to get the ball into his hands.

This isn't a slam on the kid, I think he is awesome. Obviously a very talented Montana kid.

I just don't see him having the speed to play slot or WR for a top-twenty Div 1 FCS team. As a soph his speed was ok for a Class A Soph, but he has since bulked up and not gotten "fast".

Don't get me wrong, a definite GREAT player, I just don't see him at slot or WR for the Griz.

Could you see him at MLB in 3 years? :cool: :cool:

AZGrizFan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Could you see him at MLB in 3 years? :cool: :cool:

Absolutely, LB/DE or H-Back/TE/FB.

He can run the ball, catch the ball, block, tackle...he's versatile for sure.

Some may see him playing on the perimeter (WR, Slot)...

IntuitiveGriz said:
birdieman said:

I agree, 5'11" 213 lbs was his listing when he came to Butte this year. He's been a great back at the Montana Class AA level as a Soph and now this past season in 2014 as a Junior. He's a Dan Moore type back.

I am sure we will offer him, but from I understand, he is leaning toward becoming an engineer.

grizatwork said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
birdieman said:

I am sure we will offer him, but from I understand, he is leaning toward becoming an engineer.

Buy him a train set and get his room ready for him In Jesse Hall...

Ursa Major said:
grizatwork said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
birdieman said:

Buy him a train set and get his room ready for him In Jesse Hall...

:thumb:

Mustard said:
Alec Haughian

http://www.ihigh.com/nwmta/article_212501.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...not only is (Alec) Haughian one of the most accurate and efficient throwers in CCDHS history (56.7 career completion rate)...with 111 receptions, 1,781 receiving yards and 19 TDs - he's also the most prolific pass catchers in CCDHS history.

This guy throws up the ball and catches it himself? Who is this guy? Brian Bosworth?

Filthy McGrizzly said:
Gittes406 said:
If you want a look at who the Griz are recruiting get near the sideline early, at least 6 recruits are on visits
Any idea who will be there? Great game for them to see.

Willy Pflug and Angel Villanueva will be in attendance, good to have some guys that have already committed hang out with other recruits who have not committed yet.

Not sure on Montana recruits.

gah-riz said:
Filthy McGrizzly said:
Gittes406 said:
If you want a look at who the Griz are recruiting get near the sideline early, at least 6 recruits are on visits

Willy Pflug and Angel Villanueva will be in attendance, good to have some guys that have already committed hang out with other recruits who have not committed yet.

Great game for those kids to see.

Filthy McGrizzly said:
gah-riz said:
Filthy McGrizzly said:
Gittes406 said:

Great game for those kids to see.

That was a Stevie Wonder song :arrow: "Ooo baby, here I am. Signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours!" type of game for them to see.

They were thinking yikes :yikes:, this team and crowd is fierce. Where do I sign up for this adrenaline rush?

We should have a lot of kids here this weekend. Playoff at home! Our troll population has thinned out considerably on this site. Things are good!!

You can catch up to the state college posters on Rocky's board. Much more comfortable with the NAIA folks.

Dalton Daum went and saw the Griz-Cat game. When he was picking up his tickets, they asked if he was looking to be a Griz Cheerleader...nice. :roll:

Back