• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana vs North Dakota State on ESPN (2015)

Was that a Bison football game, the 23rd Annual North Dakota RV Round-up or the 1998 Richard Simmons' Sweating to the Oldies tour?

Ursa Major said:
Was that a Bison football game, the 23rd Annual North Dakota RV Round-up or the 1998 Richard Simmons' Sweating to the Oldies tour?

Somebody grab some butter; this boy's on a roll.

Kinda reminded me of the Kennel Club at GU. Very cool, but no WA-GRIZ.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2rAKlcKSvk[/youtube]

Bisonation said:
Fargo is just fine, fastest growing area in country with high incomes and oil money being spent and Minnesota has the lake cabins 30 miles away.

Outside of "high incomes," were you planning on mentioning some other positives?

Bisonation said:
Oh my gawd, every thread on here in regards to NDSU turns to this.
Fargodome is louder than wagriz During the 2011 playoffs, the decibel level spiked past 130 decibels several times (Wikipedia fargodome) during coastal/sam there was numerous false starts .
NDSU has 3 soon to be 4 titles how can anyone on here disparage what they've done in the last 4 years? 57-3 record with 2 of those losses by 1.

NDSU will come to wagrizz with senior QB that should be top rated QB in nation.
NDSU will have the entire offense outside of Crockett and 1 OL.
NDSU defense line will be great with a star MLB.

Sorry GAMEDAY will not be there. NDSU fans will get tickets we always do.

Ok, I'll play that game...

Here's a list of false starts for both stadiums, including delay of game penalties due to crowd noise in 2014:

Washington-Grizzly Stadium:
Central Washington - 2
South Dakota - 2
Northern Colorado - 7
UC Davis - 0
Sacramento State - 2
Montana State - 1
San Diego - 5

Total: 7 games, 19 false starts, including delay of game penalties.

Fargodome:
Incarnate Word - 1
Montana - 2
Southern Illinois - 0
Indiana State - 3
South Dakota State - 0
Youngstown State - 1
South Dakota State - 4
Coastal Carolina - 3
Sam Houston State - 3

Total: 9 games, 17 false starts, including delay of game penalties

Even with two more home games than Montana had, NDSU was still two false starts short of Montana. If you take away the last two home games that NDSU had, NDSU would have only had 11 false starts in 7 games to Montana's 19. Stats don't lie. Washington-Grizzly Stadium is clearly louder than the Fargodome. :coffee:

You guys just can't wait for us to come to your multiple time remodeled 1970's stadium for us to make you somewhat relevant again. How long has the Griz been FCS and how many titles do you have?

gobison said:
You guys just can't wait for us to come to your multiple time remodeled 1970's stadium for us to make you somewhat relevant again. How long has the Griz been FCS and how many titles do you have?

Haha!
You guys play in a fucking basketball/hockey arena and try to tell everyone it's a dome.

1_honda_center_limousine.jpg

gobison said:

Washington Griz was built in the 1980's and it is one of the nicest stadiums in the country at any level. By the way nicest does not equal biggest, though we are the biggest at the FCS level. The Griz are very relevant, we've had one losing season in 29 years. We haven't had the success that NDSU has recently, but no one has. I hope they win their 4th title and then the Griz take it to them next season.

Zootown Rox said:
gobison said:

Washington Griz was built in the 1980's and it is one of the nicest stadiums in the country at any level. By the way nicest does not equal biggest, though we are the biggest at the FCS level. The Griz are very relevant, we've had one losing season in 29 years. We haven't had the success that NDSU has recently, but no one has. I hope they win their 4th title and then the Griz take it to them next season.

I hope they lose, but will respect them big time if they win. Already respect that program as it is.

Correct Answer:

C) Is not a dome.

We also would have excepted:

C) Looks like a renovated Days Inn.

For those interested in going to Fargo in 2015, you can catch the much-hyped Red River Valley Boat & Marine Products Show at the fabled Fargodome in late January. Also, please, do yourself a favor and savor the history and tradition of Happy Harry's Ribfest June 3 through June 6, also at the Fargodome. "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" on Feb. 3 will certainly also add to the mystique of the building.
http://fargodome.com/event-calendar

Just thinking about it, I'm getting chills like when I walked into Darrel K. Royal Stadium.

CDAGRIZ said:
For those interested in going to Fargo in 2015, you can catch the much-hyped Red River Valley Boat & Marine Products Show at the fabled Fargodome in late January. Also, please, do yourself a favor and savor the history and tradition of Happy Harry's Ribfest June 3 through June 6, also at the Fargodome. "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" on Feb. 3 will certainly also add to the mystique of the building.
http://fargodome.com/event-calendar

Just thinking about it, I'm getting chills like when I walked into Darrel K. Royal Stadium.

Ha!

Although, I wouldn't mind gettin' me some ribs....

If you are planning to fight the fatties for ribs at Happy Harry's Ribfest, I suggest updating your will and getting your papers in order before you go.

AllWeatherFan said:
If you are planning to fight the fatties for ribs at Happy Harry's Ribfest, I suggest updating your will and getting your papers in order before you go.
HA!!!

AllWeatherFan said:

Wise counsel, AWF. But I'd come armed with a plan. I'd drop a line of Twinkies heading away from the BBQ. It'd be like the Red Sea parting and we'd have free reign on the ribs.

EverettGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Wise counsel, AWF. But I'd come armed with a plan. I'd drop a line of Twinkies heading away from the BBQ. It'd be like the Red Sea parting and we'd have free reign on the ribs.

You wouldn't even get the Twinkies in the door to the gym without losing a few fingers. And even if you did, the "parting of the Red Sea" would take so long that the ribs wouldn't be very good by the time you got to them. I'd skip this one, EG.

Couple thoughts here.

1.) LakesBison. Just stfu and get off this site. You are an embarrassment to the Bison fanbase.

2.) CDAGRIZ. I get that you have a big chubby for your stadium. Let it go man. It is a beautiful stadium and is probably the best in the FCS. Despite NDSU playing in a gym or whatever you call it, NDSU has a nearly identical home winning percentage inside the Fargodome to what UM has at WaGrizz, has never been beat inside the Fargodome in the playoffs, and managed to win 3 national championships (maybe 4 after next weekend) to UM's 2. I guess the dome has treated NDSU fine.

3.) The state of ND does not allow bonding for construction of athletic facilities at the universities and is notoriously cheap to begin with when it comes to higher education funding. That basically ensures no state support. The city of Fargo has no use for a new indoor stadium as the Fargodome might be one of the most structurally sound stadiums ever built and is in incredible shape, and fits the need for all public events outside NDSU football. They also are looking to fund a multi billion dollar flood control project. That means no city support. NDSU is in the middle of building a new $50 M basketball arena and weight training facility and built a separate indoor track facility, all raised with private funds. The donors are tapped at the moment and unfortunately NDSU is not blessed with a Dennis Washington type support. The fact that ND has the most bitter Fing weather in the country (20 degrees in Fargo would feel much colder than 0 degrees in Missoula due to humidity and constant NW wind) means a 35k seat indoor stadium would need to be built, which would cost $250-$300 M. Fundraising this would take years and might not be possible.These are the reasons why NDSU will be plàying in the Dome for the foreseeable future. With that being said, they are looking at ways to increase capacity upwards of 5k people, which would be nice.

Back