• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSN Sports picks Wentz to be No. 2 overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoldierGriz said:
havgrizfan said:
Wentz didn't play in the playoff game but he still played twice against Nelson and Harris. The Griz played at NDSU in 2014 and if memory serves me correctly, the Bizon passing game wasn't that effective in that game either, though you don't really need too when you rush for 300.

Edit: Wentz also had a great comment the week after they lost in Missoula. He was asked by a local media guy there about the ankle affecting the loss to the Griz, and how it felt going forward. He said "What ankle injury?" He didn't use that as an excuse for the loss in Wash-Griz. Hell, more Griz fans think that was the sole reason the Griz won the game, and yet Wentz didn't use it as one. I will always respect him for that.

I hope he is a high draft pick, and he kicks ass in the NFL. I'll be cheering FOR him. Not sure why FCS fans would not?

Exactly, this is a great thing for FCS football.

VimSince03 said:
SoldierGriz said:
havgrizfan said:
Wentz didn't play in the playoff game but he still played twice against Nelson and Harris. The Griz played at NDSU in 2014 and if memory serves me correctly, the Bizon passing game wasn't that effective in that game either, though you don't really need too when you rush for 300.

Edit: Wentz also had a great comment the week after they lost in Missoula. He was asked by a local media guy there about the ankle affecting the loss to the Griz, and how it felt going forward. He said "What ankle injury?" He didn't use that as an excuse for the loss in Wash-Griz. Hell, more Griz fans think that was the sole reason the Griz won the game, and yet Wentz didn't use it as one. I will always respect him for that.

I hope he is a high draft pick, and he kicks ass in the NFL. I'll be cheering FOR him. Not sure why FCS fans would not?

Exactly, this is a great thing for FCS football.

Precisely the reason I have always cheered for Tony Romo (but not that team).

SoldierGriz said:
havgrizfan said:

I hope so to, just don't think it'll happen.

dae6ab202e0046f38c64830982f255ba561ebdad.gif

tumblr_ms7fo4cExR1rdzuduo1_r2_400.gif

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
havgrizfan said:

Why?

Raider said:
AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
havgrizfan said:

Why?

A big part of his strength is his running game. They'll take that away in the NFL...he's not the greatest passer in the world.

Marino? Starr? Favre? Bradshaw? Staubach? Rodgers? Namath? Brady?

Hacks!

Carsten Wince is the greatest QB in the history of football. Mark it down. You heard it here first.

Raider said:
griz5700 said:
He will struggle to make NFL throws. Glad I'm not a cowboys fan.

:?

You have got to be kidding

This is what NFL.com said about him..

"While his arm strength is OK, he can still make all the throws and he can make them with accuracy."

But they also said this......Didn't realize he played FBS.

"Wentz is still in a developmental phase after just two years at an FBS program, but has the mental and physical building blocks of a future, franchise quarterback"

SACCAT66 said:
Raider said:
griz5700 said:

"While his arm strength is OK, he can still make all the throws and he can make them with accuracy."

"Wentz is still in a developmental phase after just two years at an FBS program, but has the mental and physical building blocks of a future, franchise quarterback"

NFL.com also still thinks there is a Great West conference as that was where the Southern Utah players were listed...

AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
Wentz also hurt his ankle bad in the 2nd qtr against us if I remember correctly. He's a great QB, I'm a little surprised he's this high up on the draft board... But I hope he does well.

Revisionist history. 1:54 left to go in the THIRD quarter.

Ha, or just bad memory, didn't take time to look it up

SACCAT66 said:
Raider said:
griz5700 said:

NDSU is absolutely an FBS "Program", they just wear FCS clothing.

This thread reminds me of the Vernon Adams thread when Oregon played Michigan State.

....and people wonder why our idiot fan base is so hated.

Embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back