• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSN Sports picks Wentz to be No. 2 overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
VimSince03 said:
keaLs.gif

:lol:

worstpassever.gif

bradybounce.gif

815001286.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-16063-1385956473-8.gif

Raider said:
This thread reminds me of the Vernon Adams thread when Oregon played Michigan State.

....and people wonder why our idiot fan base is so hated.

Embarrassing.

So, disagreeing with someone regarding Wentz's ability makes us all idiots?

Many of these same "experts" thought Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, David Carr, etc., etc., were all going to be the next Joe Montana too. It's much more likely they're WRONG about Wentz than right about him.

Romo, Flaco, both, pretty decent, better than I thought they would be, QBs from the FCS. And Romo also beat by the Griz in WaGriz. Wentz has much in common. He could be fine.

AZGrizFan said:
Raider said:
This thread reminds me of the Vernon Adams thread when Oregon played Michigan State.

Embarrassing.

Many of these same "experts" thought Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, David Carr, etc., etc., were all going to be the next Joe Montana too. It's much more likely they're WRONG about Wentz than right about him.

You have gone full e-griz my friend. Wow, just wow.

Raider said:
AZGrizFan said:
Raider said:

Embarrassing.

You have gone full e-griz my friend. Wow, just wow.

'Splain....

Raider said:

Embarrassing.

Typical dumb-dumb reply.

No one hates our fan base....anymore. Those were the days.

I don't see it. They like the fact that his is 6'6" 235 lbs. but I just don't see it. Wish him nothing but the best of luck hope he kills it in the NFL but this has bust written all over it. The Browns are not exactly known for drafting great quarterbacks.

BWahlberg said:
AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
Wentz also hurt his ankle bad in the 2nd qtr against us if I remember correctly. He's a great QB, I'm a little surprised he's this high up on the draft board... But I hope he does well.

Revisionist history. 1:54 left to go in the THIRD quarter.

Ha, or just bad memory, didn't take time to look it up
Missing 8 games in a season will do that. But in my opinion, yes he's a better prospect than Kupp.

I watched a part of the last championship and there was discussion between the commentators about him going as a high QB pick in the NFL draft. The guy is a beast who hit all of his targets for the part of the game I watched, which I was watching just to see how NDSU is so damned dominant. Their QB was the main ingredient, behind an O line that either plugged holes or made them consistently. Give him some decent weapons to throw to and that is what it took on that side of the ball. One of NDSUs defensive coordinators went to USC a few years ago, so I guess that is how you produce a run of national championships.

For every Ryan Leaf, there are dozens more Peyton Mannings. Ryan Leaf was a head case for the ages, a glamour boy who was used to having his ass kissed. I don't detect any locker room issues in the case of Wentz.

TxGriz said:
I watched a part of the last championship and there was discussion between the commentators about him going as a high QB pick in the NFL draft. The guy is a beast who hit all of his targets for the part of the game I watched, which I was watching just to see how NDSU is so damned dominant. Their QB was the main ingredient, behind an O line that either plugged holes or made them consistently. Give him some decent weapons to throw to and that is what it took on that side of the ball. One of NDSUs defensive coordinators went to USC a few years ago, so I guess that is how you produce a run of national championships.

For every Ryan Leaf, there are dozens more Peyton Mannings. Ryan Leaf was a head case for the ages, a glamour boy who was used to having his ass kissed. I don't detect any locker room issues in the case of Wentz.

Good post.

Any comparison to Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, etc., is completely idiotic and naïve. But, then again, this is Griz fans we are talking about.

Raider said:
TxGriz said:

Good post.

Any comparison to Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, etc., is completely idiotic and naïve. But, then again, this is Griz fans we are talking about.

For every Peyton Manning there's a dozen David Carr's. Comparing him to Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell isn't "idiotic" if you're talking about NFL experts completely missing the boat. Shit happens. Just saying that there's a much higher probability he UNDER performs his draft position than OVER performs it, especially if he's the 2nd player taken...because they WILL try to make him a pocket passer and take away his running.

AZGrizFan said:
Raider said:
TxGriz said:

Good post.

For every Peyton Manning there's a dozen David Carr's. Comparing him to Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell isn't "idiotic" if you're talking about NFL experts completely missing the boat. Shit happens. Just saying that there's a much higher probability he UNDER performs his draft position than OVER performs it, especially if he's the 2nd player taken...because they WILL try to make him a pocket passer and take away his running.

Nothing against Wentz but the probability of becoming a QB bust is high in the NFL.....It happens more than it doesn't.

AZGrizFan said:
Raider said:
TxGriz said:

Good post.

Agree. Isn't a comparison of Vents to Leaf or Russell AT THIS POINT in their respective careers actually extremely valid, if not giving Vents the benefit of the doubt? Leaf was a Heisman finalist as a junior FFS.

Leaf's problem wasnt his physical ability. His behavior was tolerated in college in the NFL it wasnt. He was too arrogant to change and the fact that he was not revered by his colleagues and things didnt come as quickly to him in the NFL was more that he could stand and his collapse was mental not physical. Is there any indication that Wentz is an arrogant mentally weak player with a fragile ego? It is true that most QBs do not pan out but Ryan Leaf was. A special case

cmtgrizzly said:
Leaf's problem wasnt his physical ability. His behavior was tolerated in college in the NFL it wasnt. He was too arrogant to change and the fact that he was not revered by his colleagues and things didnt come as quickly to him in the NFL was more that he could stand and his collapse was mental not physical. Is there any indication that Wentz is an arrogant mentally weak player with a fragile ego? It is true that most QBs do not pan out but Ryan Leaf was. A special case

I agree Leaf had mental issues, but not many knew about them when he was entering the draft (including NFL people). I don't know if Vents has any similar issues. I don't think he does, but we might not know for sure until after he's drafted. I definitely agree that one need not be a Ryan Leaf case to be a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back