• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSN Sports picks Wentz to be No. 2 overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
CDAGRIZ said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Leaf's problem wasnt his physical ability. His behavior was tolerated in college in the NFL it wasnt. He was too arrogant to change and the fact that he was not revered by his colleagues and things didnt come as quickly to him in the NFL was more that he could stand and his collapse was mental not physical. Is there any indication that Wentz is an arrogant mentally weak player with a fragile ego? It is true that most QBs do not pan out but Ryan Leaf was. A special case

I agree Leaf had mental issues, but not many knew about them when he was entering the draft (including NFL people). I don't know if Vents has any similar issues. I don't think he does, but we might not know for sure until after he's drafted. I definitely agree that one need not be a Ryan Leaf case to be a bust.
I hate to say it but I would fear that anyone coming out of that program potentially has a substance abuse issue. How many times have promising kids from Forko come out of college addicted? Common street names: Brown death; Big G; Brown; German Mud; Nod; Brown Pearl; Belushi; Fat Syrup; Thick Love; Au Jus Heaven; Butterball; Butter Dream; Murder One; Toe Taker; Brown Bang; Fat Death; Potatoes' Bitch; Brown Smother; Chin Maker; Brown Sugar; Fat Soluble; Brown Fatty; Devil's Drippings; Unskimming; Alabama Molasses, Whisked Love; and, Brown Comfort.

You can say a lot of negative things about Ryan Leaf but at least he was never addicted to the Brown.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Leaf's problem wasnt his physical ability. His behavior was tolerated in college in the NFL it wasnt. He was too arrogant to change and the fact that he was not revered by his colleagues and things didnt come as quickly to him in the NFL was more that he could stand and his collapse was mental not physical. Is there any indication that Wentz is an arrogant mentally weak player with a fragile ego? It is true that most QBs do not pan out but Ryan Leaf was. A special case

I agree Leaf had mental issues, but not many knew about them when he was entering the draft (including NFL people). I don't know if Vents has any similar issues. I don't think he does, but we might not know for sure until after he's drafted. I definitely agree that one need not be a Ryan Leaf case to be a bust.
I hate to say it but I would fear that anyone coming out of that program potentially has a substance abuse issue. How many times have promising kids from Forko come out of college addicted? Common street names: Brown death; Big G; Brown; German Mud; Nod; Brown Pearl; Belushi; Fat Syrup; Thick Love; Au Jus Heaven; Butterball; Butter Dream; Murder One; Toe Taker; Brown Bang; Fat Death; Potatoes' Bitch; Brown Smother; Chin Maker; Brown Sugar; Fat Soluble; Brown Fatty; Devil's Drippings; Unskimming; Alabama Molasses, Whisked Love; and, Brown Comfort.

You can say a lot of negative things about Ryan Leaf but at least he was never addicted to the Brown.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Leaf actually did have a physical issue in the NFL--I believe a wrist injury which impacted his play/throwing. As stated, most people he was not grounded or stable enough for the very high pressure of being put on the field as the starter for the Chargers. Not many rookie QB's start in the NFL. There are pro's and con's on Leaf, but my belief is that most of what is said about him has been said by people who don't have any first hand information and don't know what they're talking about. Just repeating what they've heard. While there were bad things about him, there were also good things. Many people liked him or were fine with him. I was fine with him. Living in Great Falls, and having several kids who went to CMR with him or his brothers, I had some contact with him and some almost first hand information. I liked how he treated our frosh football son when Leaf was a senior, for example. I also read that his WSU coach liked and supported him, as well as various WSU teammates. Ya, he could be a jerk at times, but as time when on, people came after him at times when he was out, and invited some of his responses. I saw a couple of these. It's a sad situation and wasted talent, but addiction is not an easy thing and I think there was always a split of authority on him by people who actually knew and interacted with him. I wish him well. My guess is that Wentz is way more grounded and ready for pressure than Leaf was.

When Wentz played against the Griz I wanted him to throw 27 interceptions and be sacked 55 times. Now that he is done with college football, I hope he dominates in the NFL. Like it or not, the Griz play in the FCS and having former FCS players succeed in the NFL only makes it easier for FCS players to get a look in the future -- including Griz. I believe there is a lot of FCS talent that gets ignored or is under-appreciated in the NFL because of where they came from. Had Marc Mariani gone to Stanford I think he could have had a significantly different career.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Bahahaha! :lol:

Ursa Major said:

You can make light of it all you want, but sadly, Brown is just a gateway drug. Sure, everything is fine when you're high on the Big G. It starts as a weekend-only thing. But soon that's not enough, and you graduate to the hard stuff: White Gravy. You may recognize it by the popular street name: "Cat Batter." Just say no, kids.

Great. I am really worried now because I love bacon grease in my green beans. Am I at grave risk for a transition to the brown or white?

AllWeatherFan said:
Ursa Major said:

You can make light of it all you want, but sadly, Brown is just a gateway drug. Sure, everything is fine when you're high on the Big G. It starts as a weekend-only thing. But soon that's not enough, and you graduate to the hard stuff: White Gravy. You may recognize it by the popular street name: "Cat Batter." Just say no, kids.

Haha! Fine work, right there. Secretly, I was hoping for a G-Thang parody after, "[e]verything is fine when you're high on the Big G." Well, I guess it's not much of a secret anymore.

AllWeatherFan said:
Ursa Major said:

Sure, you start on G on Thanksgiving and early Feb someone slips you some CB. Yeah, your head is clear now but before long you start to feel like you are the Champion of the world!!!! And it builds, and builds, and.... snacking on a few cupcakes only heightens the delusion... You really can't help yourself, you are on an 8 week bender -- and then November rolls around. Your eyes start to turn bloodshot, your head hurts more week after week then BAM, the pre-Thanksgiving SMACK-down. Before you know it you are heart-broken, wandering through the snow, following other addicts down a trail to nowhere, tears streaming down your face and freezing on the cold, cruel fabric of reality. Oh not to worry, next weekend there'll be lots o' G...

CDAGRIZ said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Carson Wentz was Valedictorian of his high school class. He had a 4.0 GPA at NDSU and was the CoSIDA NCAA Division 1 Football Academic All American of the Year winner for 2015 (aka the heisman award winner for academics). He was also a first team academic all American in 2014. He is extremely involved in Chi Alpha Campus Ministries (I think at one point he was the student president at NDSU in that organization). Former player now friend of mine told me Carson Wentz is a machine in the film room (almost Peyton Manning like). First guy in the film room and last to leave. Same goes for the weight room. Might be one of the most humble,intelligent, hard working and genuine kids to ever play for NDSU.

Ryan Leaf was an immature, lazy asshole before he stepped onto an NFL field or was drafted for that matter. Tons of teams knew about these issues ( see Indianapolis Colts old GM, Bill Pollian's comments about Leaf) and didn't think about touching him with a 10 foot stick. Ryan leaf had a fraction of the maturity, humility and intelligence that Carson Wentz has. Zero comparison.

Carson might be a bust, but it will certainly not be for the same reasons Ryan Leaf was. Anyone who thinks that obviously has zero fucking clue about the kind of person Carson Wentz is.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Carson Wentz was Valedictorian of his high school class. He had a 4.0 GPA at NDSU and was the CoSIDA NCAA Division 1 Football Academic All American of the Year winner for 2015 (aka the heisman award winner for academics). He was also a first team academic all American in 2014. He is extremely involved in Chi Alpha Campus Ministries (I think at one point he was the student president at NDSU in that organization). Might be one of the most humble, hard working and genuine kids to ever play for NDSU.

Ryan Leaf was an immature, lazy asshole before he stepped onto an NFL field. Tons of teams knew about these issues and didn't think about touching him with a 10 foot stick. Ryan leaf had a fraction of the maturity, humility and intelligence that Carson Wentz has. Zero comparison.

Carson might be a bust, but it will certainly not be for the same reasons Ryan Leaf was. Anyone who thinks that obviously has zero fucking clue about the kind of person Carson Wentz is.
How many have you had today, friend?

gravy460.jpg

http://www.schickshadel.com/

Ursa Major said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Carson Wentz was Valedictorian of his high school class. He had a 4.0 GPA at NDSU and was the CoSIDA NCAA Division 1 Football Academic All American of the Year winner for 2015 (aka the heisman award winner for academics). He was also a first team academic all American in 2014. He is extremely involved in Chi Alpha Campus Ministries (I think at one point he was the student president at NDSU in that organization). Might be one of the most humble, hard working and genuine kids to ever play for NDSU.

Ryan Leaf was an immature, lazy asshole before he stepped onto an NFL field. Tons of teams knew about these issues and didn't think about touching him with a 10 foot stick. Ryan leaf had a fraction of the maturity, humility and intelligence that Carson Wentz has. Zero comparison.

Carson might be a bust, but it will certainly not be for the same reasons Ryan Leaf was. Anyone who thinks that obviously has zero f***[*] clue about the kind of person Carson Wentz is.
How many have you had today, friend?

gravy460.jpg

http://www.schickshadel.com/

Haha none. Weird how you guys drink gravy. Must be a post sheep screwing thing in Montana. Just got home and figured I hadn't gotten a good laugh for awhile so thought it would be funny to see the latest Egriz thread focussing on NDSU. Appeared most of you don't have a clue about Wentz outside of watching him play twice, so figured I would assist in educating.

AllWeatherFan said:
Lol, I wondered how long it would be before somebody took the gravy boat. I mean bait.

Meh. Bisonville is down right now so I figured I would go to bisonville2.0, I mean egriz, to get my fix on what people are saying about anything Bison football related.

CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Ursa Major said:

Haha! Fine work, right there. Secretly, I was hoping for a G-Thang parody after, "[e]verything is fine when you're high on the Big G." Well, I guess it's not much of a secret anymore.

I should be band for a week for misrepresenting 1990s gangsta rap lyrics. It isn't G-Thang, it's Gin and Juice. Stupid, CDA, stupid. Sorry, guys. Maybe this is better.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKGJOtRaqMg[/youtube]

"German Mud"
By: Poop(er) Cloggy Clogg

With so much Brown in my arteries,
They're kinda hard, and look like ricotta cheese.
But I--some how, some way
Keep drinkin' that Brown Bang shit like every single day.

May, I, rip a full boat of Big G (yeah)
Make some mashed 'taters if I please, too
Two stents countin' and my heart is still pumpin'
For reasons unknown.

I got britches in the storage room I can't put on,
And it's not my fault, it's the way I was born.
So what am I to do? Shit.
I got a belly full of blubber, like my T-Buff boys do.

So throw out the rice and grab yo boats
What? So what? I could lose a toe, yeah.
So, I won't gain an ounce from this
G up kale down as my man titties bounce to this.

[HOOK X2]
Waddlin' to the fridge, where's my Thick Love?
Mainlinin' German Mud. Heart attack. (with my mind on some honey because honey's a good side).

Now that I got me some Maker o' Chin,
Everybody grab yo G boats and dive in.
These gnarly shits happen all the time,
You take the guest bath and I'll take mine.

See, everything is fine when your'e high up on Big G
It's got the diabetes power of great grandma's brown gravy.
So listen, to my last final squeak,
And watch me as I take my gravy boat into the street
And continue to drink some more gravy (gravy?)
I look like I could birth a baby (does that itch?)

90 degrees underneath my man titties
Drinkin' Fat Love as I please, cuz I eats no veggies, big wheeze.
As I mop 'em with a dollop of Big G.
Beeyotch, I'm just

[HOOK X2]
Waddlin' to the fridge, where's my Thick Love?
Mainlinin' German Mud. Heart attack. (with my mind on some honey because honey's a good side).

Later on that day
My Dr., Murray Gray, came through with a troubl-ing x-ray.
He said, "Your fat ass may, need your foot amputated, bloke."
Man this dude's a joke!
He said to "Cut down quick, and set the G cup down."
"Come to think of it, why you even holding it now?"

But I ain't stoppin', I'm gonna be droppin'
This Brown Pearl I scored from up in the Bakken.
Don't serve me, unless you got some gravy on top
'Cause I can bust a seam faster than fuckin' Betty Crock.
Don't get upset, bro, that's just how it goes.
If you don't love ho-hos, get out the door.

[HOOK]

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Carson Wentz was Valedictorian of his high school class. He had a 4.0 GPA at NDSU and was the CoSIDA NCAA Division 1 Football Academic All American of the Year winner for 2015 (aka the heisman award winner for academics). He was also a first team academic all American in 2014. He is extremely involved in Chi Alpha Campus Ministries (I think at one point he was the student president at NDSU in that organization). Former player now friend of mine told me Carson Wentz is a machine in the film room (almost Peyton Manning like). First guy in the film room and last to leave. Same goes for the weight room. Might be one of the most humble,intelligent, hard working and genuine kids to ever play for NDSU.

Yeah I kind of thought Wentz was a much more grounded and mentally prepared player. That was the point of my post.

cmtgrizzly said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Yeah I kind of thought Wentz was a much more grounded and mentally prepared player. That was the point of my post.

Misinterpreted your question regarding any indications of Carson being mentally fragile with a weak ego. Thought you were asking if there were any. My apologies. CDA on the other hand said he didn't know if he had issues, so I figured I would give a little background.

With that being said, I am surprised that NFL scouts only rave about his physical abilities. Being a successfull NFL QB has much more to do with what you have neck up versus your physical skill set. I'd say the biggest thing Carson has going for him is how humble, hard working, down to earth and intelligent he is. He will have a long NFL career with those attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back