• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU Game

tojo70 said:
AZGrizFan said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
True. Where's my head? I'm pretty sure Moorhead State leads the all time series with NDSU. If memory serves, they discontinued playing one another after a botched experimental game between Moorhead, Concordia, and NDSU in the early 1970s. Dubbed the "Red River Threeway," it was one of many such "games" during that era. Sadly, Moorhead and Concordia engaged in most of the activity, leaving NDSU to feel like more of a spectator that had to "scrimmage" itself. The Moorhead/NDSU relationship was never really the same afterward, and the two eventually grew apart.

Obviously anyone named Moorhead cannot be excluded in a 3-way, that's just common sense.

I've read these two posts 3 times. I chuckle ever time. Good work, you two! :lol: :lol:

I feel it my humoristic duty to inform those who do not know that also I find it funny (in my own immature way) that Concordia's mascot is a corncob.

Tojo is correct. Many feel that the corncob was the reason Moorhead basically ignored NDSU during the game.

Fear the cob!

lol-cat-invisible-corn-cob.jpg

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
NDSU beat Montana when they were DII in our house.

With this leader of the sinking ship heading into the Fargo Dome I see virtually no way we have a chance at beating the juggernaut that is NDSU.

Thank you, Grizo.

Hitting below the kilt today huh? That was strike number 1

:coffee:

It's the only logical explanation for your post. :cool: :cool:

jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:
cody45051 said:
jcu27 said:
You're high. 900-3 griz.

31-17 isn't off the mark. Bison have a legitimate chance of a 4-peat. It will depend on their QB. If he's as good as I'ver heard then they might be able to do something no other FCS team has done.

I will bet $500 the Bison don't 4-peat.
Wow I agree with you for once. New coaches and graduated most of their talent id be surprised to see them get 10 wins. That's just me though.

NDSU graduated their most talented class in school history. They lost their head coach and most of the assistants.

A lot of how they fare going forward will be how good are the remaining classes of players, and how good will the new head coach (who is the promoted Defensive Coordinator) and the returning Defensive Line coach be? Along with how proficient will the new coaches, especially the new Offensive Coordinator be?

I'm guessing the returning players are top-notch, and the coaches won't have their coaching diplomas from cracker jack boxes. Sooo, yeah, NDSU will continue to rial up that fanatic fan base into a frenzy.

UM needs to get back to that level. (We are going on a decade and a half here pretty soon since our last national championship victory) :oops: :-x

Susan Lucci has pulled more awards than UM has in the last decade +

But it's ok because our players work hard and "catch everything thrown their way"

:coffee:

AZGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
NDSU beat Montana when they were DII in our house.

With this leader of the sinking ship heading into the Fargo Dome I see virtually no way we have a chance at beating the juggernaut that is NDSU.

Thank you, Grizo.

We're gonna' get rolled.

IntuitiveGriz said:
jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:
cody45051 said:
31-17 isn't off the mark. Bison have a legitimate chance of a 4-peat. It will depend on their QB. If he's as good as I'ver heard then they might be able to do something no other FCS team has done.

I will bet $500 the Bison don't 4-peat.
Wow I agree with you for once. New coaches and graduated most of their talent id be surprised to see them get 10 wins. That's just me though.

NDSU graduated their most talented class in school history. They lost their head coach and most of the assistants.

A lot of how they fare going forward will be how good are the remaining classes of players, and how good will the new head coach (who is the promoted Defensive Coordinator) and the returning Defensive Line coach be? Along with how proficient will the new coaches, especially the new Offensive Coordinator be?

I'm guessing the returning players are top-notch, and the coaches won't have their coaching diplomas from cracker jack boxes. Sooo, yeah, NDSU will continue to rial up that fanatic fan base into a frenzy.

UM needs to get back to that level. (We are going on a decade and a half here pretty soon since our last national championship victory) :oops: :-x

:roll: 90% of the teams are going on a decade and a half since their last PLAYOFF game.

Griz 21
NDSU 17
A last min game killing pick ends the Bison's drive.

The Bison have lost way to many key players and coaches to convince me that they're gonna be the same caliber team they have been over the last 3 years. And to think some no namer is just gonna step up and fill Brock Jenson's shoes is just wishful thinking. Yeah, the Bison rotated well but you can not tell me that some other younger guys are gonna step up and fill all those other spots as well as the previous group did. I say the bison are 1-2 when the Griz show up in Fargo.

NDSU will win the flip and defer. They will onside kick catching MD's return team in full retreat and recover. A quick dive fake and skinny post TD and we're down 7 just 30 seconds in. NDSU will onside kick again and recover, and Mick will be heard to say "That's chicken sh*t" Down 14 before the 12 min mark, the propeller on Mick's head will be spinning full speed. With 10 men up the ball will be pooched to the 25 and instead of fair catching our returner will be hit as he catches the ball, fumble and NDSU will scoop it up and be in for another TD. NDSU's second string will take the field at 10:34 of the 2nd quarter with a 42 point lead.

Think this is too far fetched? So would a perpetually "pantsed"head coach.

horribilisfan8184 said:
NDSU will win the flip and defer. They will onside kick catching MD's return team in full retreat and recover. A quick dive fake and skinny post TD and we're down 7 just 30 seconds in. NDSU will onside kick again and recover, and Mick will be heard to say "That's chicken sh*t" Down 14 before the 12 min mark, the propeller on Mick's head will be spinning full speed. With 10 men up the ball will be pooched to the 25 and instead of fair catching our returner will be hit as he catches the ball, fumble and NDSU will scoop it up and be in for another TD. NDSU's second string will take the field at 10:34 of the 2nd quarter with a 42 point lead.

With this circus, it seems plausible.

horribilisfan8184 said:

Sounds original, but you are clearly plagiarizing from New Hapshire's trip to Fargo last December. Give us something original.

horribilisfan8184 said:

Sounds original, but you are clearly plagiarizing from New Hapshire's trip to Fargo last December. Give us something original.

Herd said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Sounds original, but you're clearly plagiarizing Herd's post from four minutes before yours.

CDAGRIZ said:
Herd said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Sounds original, but you're clearly plagiarizing Herd's post from four minutes before yours.

Good catch, the second "give us something original" truly ranks it as a classic. :lol:

Herd said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

My respect for the NDSU program does not extend to watching their games. The fact they blew out many/most teams over the last 3 years is the cornerstone of their dominance. But I did check the NDSU/UNH game stats and see they were tied 7-7 after 1 qtr, thus proving the scenario is definitely not "plagiarized". But I see what you see, even with game film of the last 3 years this head coach won't see it coming, whatever "it" is.

Back