• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU Rant -

There is a National Title for Crosswords? I'm thinking this might be our new women's varsity sport.

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
that was some seriously funny smack. heck yes lets put this up on Griz vision, cant stop laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Except it was mostly a statement about how nobody cares about the FCS, and, we play in the FCS.
Uhh ya. Exactly right. Outside of the FBS, no one cares about any other league. Except for Griz players, how many of us care about the CFL, the AFL(arena for you old timers that think I'm talking about the old AFL), or the XFL and World League when they were around. It took me moving to Alabama to relize just how small our pond is.
Interesting because I experienced the exact opposite after moving to San Antonio....of course all my coworkers wanted to know who my 'team' was and when I said "the Montana Grizzlies ' I got very similar (and usually positive) reactions....they knew of the school, they knew of our football reputation, most knew that we'd won a national title, etc etc. One guy (who played at UT and for the Cowboys for a couple years) said "y'all play some pretty good football up there..."
It probably has something to do with where we moved. If there is a Mecca of football, Texas would be it. Alabama fans seemed very closed off to rest of the NCAA outside of the SEC. I swear I'm not over generalizing either. Most of them don't have favorite NFL teams either. The few that have heard of us insist we are division 2. I even had one person seriously ask me if Montana was in Canada, course that falls on Alabamas Dept of Ed.

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Except it was mostly a statement about how nobody cares about the FCS, and, we play in the FCS.
Uhh ya. Exactly right. Outside of the FBS, no one cares about any other league. Except for Griz players, how many of us care about the CFL, the AFL(arena for you old timers that think I'm talking about the old AFL), or the XFL and World League when they were around. It took me moving to Alabama to relize just how small our pond is.
Interesting because I experienced the exact opposite after moving to San Antonio....of course all my coworkers wanted to know who my 'team' was and when I said "the Montana Grizzlies ' I got very similar (and usually positive) reactions....they knew of the school, they knew of our football reputation, most knew that we'd won a national title, etc etc. One guy (who played at UT and for the Cowboys for a couple years) said "y'all play some pretty good football up there..."
It probably has something to do with where we moved. If there is a Mecca of football, Texas would be it. Alabama fans seemed very closed off to rest of the NCAA outside of the SEC. I swear I'm not over generalizing either. Most of them don't have favorite NFL teams either. The few that have heard of us insist we are division 2. I even had one person seriously ask me if Montana was in Canada, course that falls on Alabamas Dept of Ed.

I had a buddy that came up to Montana to play junior college bball, he was from inner city Jacksonville.....he told me the story about the first time he ever came to Montana and how he thought that Montana was the Capitol of Denver :? :? :? :? I am not making this up!

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I DO get this a lot, even here in San Antonio. :evil: :evil:

I just returned from South Carolina and they are all familiar down there with FCS football. I think they have 9 teams with more coming up. Talked to some folks in Charleston and when the conversation turned to football as it usually does in the South, all had heard of the Griz and joked that they were the best team in the West, year in and year out, that they knew couldn't play in the cold weather up there..They thought, overall, the Big Sky was not a very strong conference.

Alaska Griz said:
Big G said:
Next to my hatred for the Cats the Bison are the number two most classless fan base that I despise. I am so glad there run is over, now we do not need to hear about them again and they can slide back too where they belong.

Their runs not over until someone else ends it...

NDSU is going back to D2??? I don't think Montana wants to play a D2 NDSU team again.

alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
that was some seriously funny smack. heck yes lets put this up on Griz vision, cant stop laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree, Alabama is a small pond. I've lived in Alaska, Montana, Washington, Oregon, California, Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts....and EVERYONE knows about FCS...and you might be surprised how many know exactly who the Griz are. I've heard Go Griz in regard to attire I've worn from an airport in Hartford, CT, to a parking lot in Bakersfield, CA to a park on the South Island in New Zealand.

ordigger said:
alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

I agree, Alabama is a small pond. I've lived in Alaska, Montana, Washington, Oregon, California, Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts....and EVERYONE knows about FCS...and you might be surprised how many know exactly who the Griz are. I've heard Go Griz in regard to attire I've worn from an airport in Hartford, CT, to a parking lot in Bakersfield, CA to a park on the South Island in New Zealand.
Well it deffenetly appears I'm in the minority here. It just points out a little more how outta touch the Tide fans are. GAWD I love it when they lose!

ordigger said:
alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

Every year I go to Mexico several people always strike up a conversation about The Grizzlies when I have some gear on. . (Tourists not locals) Talked to several that remember the App St game in the blizzard. People from all over the states and even Canada. Yes, I expect to hear "Go Griz!" almost every other day.

Big G said:
Next to my hatred for the Cats the Bison are the number two most classless fan base that I despise. I am so glad there run is over, now we do not need to hear about them again and they can slide back too where they belong.

Big G, just want to know, in your opinion, when our run ended?

I enjoyed Fales videos. Coming from dumb Norwegian joke country, I get this kind of humor.

Don't know if my wife and I will make it to the Griz game. Its your game or Brookings this year. Haven't decided. Would like to see your stadium, atmosphere and tailgate. Understand they are awesome.

BisonCardinal said:
Big G said:

Big G, just want to know, in your opinion, when our run ended?

I enjoyed Fales videos. Coming from dumb Norwegian joke country, I get this kind of humor.

Don't know if my wife and I will make it to the Griz game. Its your game or Brookings this year. Haven't decided. Would like to see your stadium, atmosphere and tailgate. Understand they are awesome.

Don't ask him that, he's going to tell you 4 years ago. Ignore him - playdoh is to cement what BigG is to a real person.

Andy made a video earlier in the year about NDSU and the FCS being a joke and basically how Iowa State was going to destroy them. I think he had more than his fair share of crow and just can't get NDSU off his mind. You would think coming off a win against KU in basketball, he would have KU on his mind, not NDSU.

I don't care if you hate NDSU, they have brought a lot to the table for all the FCS. I seriously doubt Montana would be showcasing their stadium live on ESPN this fall if NDSU wasn't coming to town.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Andy made a video earlier in the year about NDSU and the FCS being a joke and basically how Iowa State was going to destroy them. I think he had more than his fair share of crow and just can't get NDSU off his mind. You would think coming off a win against KU in basketball, he would have KU on his mind, not NDSU.

I don't care if you hate NDSU, they have brought a lot to the table for all the FCS. I seriously doubt Montana would be showcasing their stadium live on ESPN this fall if NDSU wasn't coming to town.
Pump the brakes there big dog. You're presently great but your not the "end all be all" of the FCS. Other dynastys(Geo Sou and App St, not Montana) have come and gone and you will too and the FCS will still be riding in the rumble seat of the car that the BCS drives. We are on ESPN cus they want to show football(and make money) a week earlier then the BCS allows and they found a loop hole with the FCS. It's NOT cus the biSon are playing football.

2011BisonAlumni said:

You're so right. ESPN would be loathe to come to Missoula when no other games are happening unless UNDSU came too. Can you imagine if they went to another BSC school like EWU or something? Crazy! Just think, a 7k capacity pile of shit embarrassment of a stadium on ESPN without UNDSU's involvement! Like that would ever happen! Cats suck! (had to go for the trifecta).

2011BisonAlumni said:

Great post! I couldn't agree more!! I doubt there would be an FCS or even an ESPN if it wasn't for NDSU!

Geez, 2011, what an arrogant post. Pretty sure this game is being televised because it is the first college game of the season, much like EWU/SHSU were last year. Has got little to do with NDSU. It should add to the "sexiness" of the game to have two storied FCS programs battling it out though. Is College Gameday up and running on that date? Would be cool to have them at WGS.

Ndsu is old news, they will struggle next year with all of the talent they had leaving on defense and the rb graduating. Griz will beat you by a couple td's next season on national tv. Go back to your own board and get some help with the inferiority complex all of you buffalo fans seem to have.

2011BisonAlumni said:

You were a respectable poster until you went with that. Time for the bison to move on, apparently.

:jack: :roll:

Big G said:
Ndsu is old news, they will struggle next year with all of the talent they had leaving on defense and the rb graduating. Griz will beat you by a couple td's next season on national tv. Go back to your own board and get some help with the inferiority complex all of you buffalo fans seem to have.

g translation: NDSU is new news, they will rock next year with all of the talent they are keeping on defense, and no rb graduating. Burp. Stay on this board and help others with their superiority complex, that none of you NDSU fans seem to have.

2011BisonAlumni said:

Don't get me wrong here. I am elated the GRIZ/NDSU open the season on ESPN. To imply this would not have happened without NDSU is overdoing it just a bit. Is this the most attractive or best match up for the GRIZ to have an ESPN game? I won't argue that. ESPN has been to WAGRIZ many time in the playoffs and loved it each time. Many other top 25 FCS programs could have to Missoula for an ESPN opening game. There are many matchups more attractive than EWU/SHSU at Cheyney, WA was this past season. What stands out for the GRIZ/NDSU matchup is the fan bases being the best in nation. That a lone will give ESPN a great football environment. I wish this would have happened with the GRIZ and App State a few years ago.

The reality of FCS football is very few programs outside of Montana and NDSU have a fan base to be proud of. The lack of fan support at the FCS level is the main reason why I'd love for the GRIZ to move to something better. I am sure NDSU fans can relate and agree to this as well.

News flash, NDSU is not the "end all, be all" in FCS football. Overall, I like and respect NDSU fans. Unfortunately your post is the perfect example of your fanbase that helped prove Andy right.

Back