• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU Rant -

Ursa Major said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
I don't care if you hate NDSU, they have brought a lot to the table for all the FCS. I seriously doubt Montana would be showcasing their stadium live on ESPN this fall if NDSU wasn't coming to town.

Great post! I couldn't agree more!! I doubt there would be an FCS or even an ESPN if it wasn't for NDSU!
It is a well known fact that ever since the kibbie dome episode when ESPN went there in 1989 to televise Griz-vandal game that ESPN had sworn off fcs games forever. If it wasn't for ndsu blessing us with their presence in the division there is no chance ESPN would have ever returned to an fcs venue again.

Grizbeer said:
Ursa Major said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
I don't care if you hate NDSU, they have brought a lot to the table for all the FCS. I seriously doubt Montana would be showcasing their stadium live on ESPN this fall if NDSU wasn't coming to town.

Great post! I couldn't agree more!! I doubt there would be an FCS or even an ESPN if it wasn't for NDSU!
It is a well known fact that ever since the kibbie dome episode when ESPN went there in 1989 to televise Griz-vandal game that ESPN had sworn off fcs games forever. If it wasn't for ndsu blessing us with their presence in the division there is no chance ESPN would have ever returned to an fcs venue again.

So you're saying App State @ Montana never happened on ESPN?

ordigger said:
Grizbeer said:
Ursa Major said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

So you're saying App State @ Montana never happened on ESPN?

Digger, how could it be on ESPN without the UNDSU Buffs playing? You're just joking, right?

If NDSU didn't agree to come to town to play the early game , it would not be on ESPN. That is what I was meaning to say. I didn't mean it in the arrogant sense that because it is NDSU on TV.

With that being said though, I think ESPN approached Montana with the early game due to the matchup. If Montana had been playing a Northern Colorado, I don't think it would be happening. EWU was a backup game. ESPN approached NDSU last year to air the Montana game, but NDSU said no due to a Iowa State. Again, had it not been Montana and say Northern Colorado, NDSU would not have been approached.

NDSU helps the entire FCS landscape with their national TV appearances and great atmosphere, the same way Montana does when they are on TV. Basically all I am saying is that making fun of this video and pumping it up is just tearing down your own brand.

2011BisonAlumni said:
If NDSU didn't agree to come to town to play the early game , it would not be on ESPN. That is what I was meaning to say. I didn't mean it in the arrogant sense that because it is NDSU on TV.

Yeah, because the only way it could be on ESPN is if the buffs came to town, right?

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Yeah, because the only way it could be on ESPN is if the buffs came to town, right?

No, but had it been a Northern Colorado, it would not be on ESPN. There is a reason ESPN wanted to do this game last year as well.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

No, but had it been a Northern Colorado, it would not be on ESPN. There is a reason ESPN wanted to do this game last year as well.

Then why did you say exactly that?

"If NDSU didn't agree to come to town to play the early game , it would not be on ESPN."

You know they went to Cheney last year, right?

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

"If NDSU didn't agree to come to town to play the early game , it would not be on ESPN."

EWU was the number one ranked team and Sam Houston had two appearances in the FCS title game in 2011 and 2012. Also, it was a backup game.

This video is just as much about Andy tearing down the FCS as it is about tearing down NDSU.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

EWU was the number one ranked team and Sam Houston had two appearances in the FCS title game in 2011 and 2012. Also, it was a backup game.

This video is just as much about Andy tearing down the FCS as it is about tearing down NDSU.

Who is Andy? Never mind, it doesn't matter because there is no video at issue in the debate. ESPN has been in Missoula for football without the involvement of the Thunder Buffs, I promise you. The Griz do not need the Thunder Buffs to get a game on ESPN. Your statement (twice) was that ESPN is only coming because the Thunder Buffs are coming. You cannot seriously have a brain and wonder why people think buff fans are arrogant.

This may come as a shock, but very few people actually give a fuck about a bunch of fats piling into a gym to watch Minnesotans play boring football.

2011BisonAlumni said:
If NDSU didn't agree to come to town to play the early game , it would not be on ESPN. That is what I was meaning to say. I didn't mean it in the arrogant sense that because it is NDSU on TV..
you're so conceited Claire. You're so full of yourself.

Grizbeer said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
If NDSU didn't agree to come to town to play the early game , it would not be on ESPN. That is what I was meaning to say. I didn't mean it in the arrogant sense that because it is NDSU on TV..
you're so conceited Claire. You're so full of yourself.

tumblr_mv4vaj1yBY1r8dzo2o2_r1_250.gif

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Who is Andy? Never mind, it doesn't matter because there is no video at issue in the debate. ESPN has been in Missoula for football without the involvement of the Thunder Buffs, I promise you. The Griz do not need the Thunder Buffs to get a game on ESPN. Your statement (twice) was that ESPN is only coming because the Thunder Buffs are coming. You cannot seriously have a brain and wonder why people think buff fans are arrogant.

This may come as a shock, but very few people actually give a f*** about a bunch of fats piling into a gym to watch Minnesotans play boring football.

Maybe not NDSU, but they at least needed a good FCS team. Montana by itself, at least not the Montana of 2015 who will open they year ranked outside the top 15, playing a cupcake does not warrant a game by itself on ESPN. The App State game that you speak of was a playoff game, and, by the way, it was against App State. Pretty standard to have FCS playoff games on an ESPN channel and when you play against a dynasty like App State, it helps pull the game onto ESPN.

Regarding very few people caring about NDSU, I don't really care. FCS teams and fans should pull for other teams in the FCS instead of laughing at them and supporting fools like Andy. I am not being arrogant in my comments, just a realist. I think it is pathetic that fans like you try to tear down other FCS teams that help bring up the entire FCS into somewhat national relevance.

BisonCardinal said:

Geez, 2011, what an arrogant post. Pretty sure this game is being televised because it is the first college game of the season, much like EWU/SHSU were last year. Has got little to do with NDSU. It should add to the "sexiness" of the game to have two storied FCS programs battling it out though. Is College Gameday up and running on that date? Would be cool to have them at WGS.

It is the first game of the FCS season because ESPN approached Montana and NDSU and asked them if the wanted to play the first game early . Why did they approach Montana and NDSU? Because they are two of the best FCS programs year in and out and have arguably the two strongest fan bases. This is why they were approached first last year as well.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

This may come as a shock, but very few people actually give a f*** about a bunch of fats piling into a gym to watch Minnesotans play boring football.

Maybe not NDSU, but they at least needed a good FCS team. Montana by itself, at least not the Montana of 2015 who will open they year ranked outside the top 15, playing a cupcake does not warrant a game by itself on ESPN. The App State game that you speak of was a playoff game, and, by the way, it was against App State. Pretty standard to have FCS playoff games on an ESPN channel and when you play against a dynasty like App State, it helps pull the game onto ESPN.

Regarding very few people caring about NDSU, I don't really care. FCS teams and fans should pull for other teams in the FCS instead of laughing at them and supporting fools like Andy. I am not being arrogant in my comments, just a realist. I think it is pathetic that fans like you try to tear down other FCS teams that help bring up the entire FCS into somewhat national relevance.

1. I wasn't talking about the App State game. ESPN was coming to Missoula when you were in probably in middle school. Do some research.

2. For not caring about what people think about the Buffs, you sure spend a lot of time around here.

3. Saying (twice) that ESPN would not come to Missoula without the Buffs or other top FCS program (when, by your own admission, UM is one of the top programs in the FCS) is not only arrogant, but ignorant, and counterproductive to the end of bringing the "entire FCS into somewhat national relevance."

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Wrong. Before you make yourself sound like blissfully ignorant NDSU fan, check your facts. 2013 home opener.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

1. I wasn't talking about the App State game. ESPN was coming to Missoula when you were in probably in middle school. Do some research.

2. For not caring about what people think about the Buffs, you sure spend a lot of time around here.

3. Saying (twice) that ESPN would not come to Missoula without the Buffs or other top FCS program (when, by your own admission, UM is one of the top programs in the FCS) is not only arrogant, but ignorant, and counterproductive to the end of bringing the "entire FCS into somewhat national relevance."

Don't you remember, since the Kibbie Dome fiasco in 19wheneve no FCS school has ever been on ESPN.....if anyone believes that I assume they need to come of their meds.....or stay out of Spheres (which only makes sense if you've seen the movie Sphere - where dreams become reality).

alabamagrizzly said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Wrong. Before you make yourself sound like blissfully ignorant NDSU fan, check your facts. 2013 home opener.

You are right . I forgot about that game. That game still supports my argument though. Playing App State helped make that game happen for Montana, just like NDSU does this year, and much like Montana would have for NDSU last year, had NDSU accepted ESPN's offer.

All I am saying is by laughing at this video, you are really laughing at your own favorite team and the league the play in. When you tell Bison fans that nobody cares about your team, you better look in the mirror and say the same thing about your team.

In my opinion, the FCS is a great brand, has some great teams, players, coaches, fans, venues, and the best playoff system outside of the NCAA tournament. The more the philosophy of small time FCS exists, the greater chance you will see less FCS playoff games on TV and fewer FBS schools wanting to play the FCS. Andy Fales is not joking by what he says. He thinks the FCS is a joke. When you have fans of a premiere and storied FCS program join in, it certainly doesn't help the FCS.

2011BisonAlumni said:
alabamagrizzly said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You are right . I forgot about that game. That game still supports my argument though. Playing App State helped make that game happen for Montana, just like NDSU does this year, and much like Montana would have for NDSU last year, had NDSU accepted ESPN's offer.

lol.....obviously life didn't exist for you up till 5 years ago. Montana has probably been on ESPN more times in last 20 years than NDSU.

ordigger said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Don't you remember, since the Kibbie Dome fiasco in 19wheneve no FCS school has ever been on ESPN.....if anyone believes that I assume they need to come of their meds.....or stay out of Spheres (which only makes sense if you've seen the movie Sphere - where dreams become reality).

We all have to profusely thank the Buffs for making FCS football what it is today. The FCS was just a rag tag bunch of schools before the Buffs found their stride in 2011. Heck, I remember during the 2004 title game run, you could just walk down and take any seat in WA-Griz. All general admission and $6.50 a head; pay at the gate. They even let my friend Rob sub in at safety for a few plays against New Hampshire. I can't believe how far NDSU has brought the FCS.

2011BisonAlumni said:
alabamagrizzly said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

All I am saying is by laughing at this video, you are really laughing at your own favorite team and the league the play in. When you tell Bison fans that nobody cares about your team, you better look in the mirror and say the same thing about your team.

Therein lies the difference: We know UM's place in CFB. NDSU fans don't appear to have the same self-awareness. Gasp, maybe that's why the guy made the video!

aeosza8afa4dk5pxlzfd.jpg

Back