• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU Rant -

In my opinion our Griz teams have been in the top 20 in the nation the last few years. But have not really cracked the top ten. Now with a new attitude, coach, recruits I feel we should end up in the top 10 this coming year and top 5 the following year. Who knows?

To end up on top we need good players and coaches plus some stability. We are going in the right direction in my opinion. Can we replace the Bison? It will be a fun challenge and great to watch. This is what it is all about, getting to the top and trying to stay on top!

Each year after game three I begin to feel the realistic potential of our team. At the beginning of each season I believe we can win every game, until after game three, only then does the truth begin to become real! Until we show we can beat the Bison, they are the top team.

AllWeatherFan said:
Grizbeer said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
ESPN has NEVER come to Missoula because they wanted to. They have showed up in the playoff games because they HAVE to.

Has Montana ever had a regular season nationally televised game on ESPN?

NDSU has

:coffee:
Yes, ESPN has televised Montana in a regular season game, against Idaho. ESPN also has come to Missoula "because they wanted to" to televise basketball games. I don't remember ESPN ever going to NDSU because they wanted to, only for playoff games. I do recall seeing Gameday in Fargo, but don't remember ever seeing them on the NDSU campus. Can you remind us which regular season game ESPN broadcast from Fargo (not ESPN3, or gameplan, but an actual original ESPN broadcast)?

:coffee:

He's talking about the "monumental" K-State and Iowa State games, beer, you know, where ESPN avoided having to go to Fargo, but still covered the Thundering Buffs.
Hope that wasn't what he was talking about AWF: :
DAY DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME/RESULT TV DETAILS
Sat. 4/26/2014 Green & Gold Spring Game Fargo, N.D. Gold, 29-22 (HD) NBC ND Details
Sat. 8/30/2014 Iowa State Ames, Iowa W 34-14 Box Score (HD) FOX Sports 1 Details

DATE OPPONENT TIME TV BROADCAST
Fri. Aug 30 at Kansas State 7:30 p.m. (HD) Fox Sports 1

In the modern age of fan fourms and chatrooms for college FB fans, everyone is going to hate your fanbase if you win a few titles. See Appy 2005-2007. Every Thread was about App, and their wonderful team, coach and win vs. Michigan. They were a top 25 team with AP votes (same as NDSU in 2013), and their fans were completely full of themselves according to everyone else. They were the toast of FCS football, and their fans were terrible and arrogant, just ask Montana fans at the time. Sound familiar to today's take on Ndsu and Ndsu fans? Hmmmmm I'm not sure if this whole hate thing for NDSU is the Bison fans fault, or the attitudes of those who compete with ndsu. I suppose it's "Both".

Herd said:
In the modern age of fan fourms and chatrooms for college FB fans, everyone is going to hate your fanbase if you win a few titles. See Appy 2005-2007. Every Thread was about App, and their wonderful team, coach and win vs. Michigan. They were a top 25 team with AP votes (same as NDSU in 2013), and their fans were completely full of themselves according to everyone else. They were the toast of FCS football, and their fans were terrible and arrogant, just ask Montana fans at the time. Sound familiar to today's take on Ndsu and Ndsu fans? Hmmmmm I'm not sure if this whole hate thing for NDSU is the Bison fans fault, or the attitudes of those who compete with ndsu. I suppose it's "Both".

:? Ummmm.... I don't know who you were talking to, but the majority of Montana fans respected App State and their fans big time. They were a classy bunch.

Herd said:

Quit trying to justify arrogant-ass Bizon fan behavior. T'was the RARE exception of a Griz fan who disliked the App State fanbase during their glory years....they (the App fan base) oozed class and humility even during the height of their success.

AZGrizFan said:
Herd said:

Quit trying to justify arrogant-ass Bizon fan behavior. T'was the RARE exception of a Griz fan who disliked the App State fanbase during their glory years....they (the App fan base) oozed class and humility even during the height of their success.
In fairness that ass clown Coulson did generate a lot of dislike for App State,but the vast majority of their fans were good. And I think Herd is somewhat correct, with as much success as they have had anything they say will be taken as arrogant. But mostly it is breaking balls to bring then down a notch,and how ndsu fans respond to the ball breaking is an indication of the maturity of their fan base. So far they are too defensive about not being worshipped.

AZGrizFan said:
Herd said:

Yes. very true!!

Herd said:

I remember people disliking NDSU fans long before any National Titles. I cant think of any non-troll that didn't like App State fans, and posters. The difference? With success they still respected their competition.....something that lacks in Fargo for many of their fans.

ordigger said:
Herd said:

I remember people disliking NDSU fans long before any National Titles. I cant think of any non-troll that didn't like App State fans, and posters. The difference? With success they still respected their competition.....something that lacks in Fargo for many of their fans.

Have you ever been to an NDSU game ? There was nobody on this site or any other site who actually went to Fargo that said a bad thing about NDSU fans or any level of respect they have them.

The problem with you an CDA is that you are basing your comments on the 0.05% of NDSU fans who are big headed arrogant internet trolls. It is the internet. A few morons sitting on their mom's basement don't represent an entire fanbase. You guys take one or two examples and pretty soon it is the entire fanbase.

For the record, if internet fan sites were any indicator of fan base arrogance and class, there are countless examples on egriz bashing NDSU and insulting their fanbase. How many threads do you see on bisonville bashing Montana? Go back to the Gameday thread. A whole lot of respect and very little bashing. There is a lot of confidence NDSU fans have in NDSU's football teams, but I think that is reasonable when you only watch your favorite team get beat 3 times in 4 years.

2011BisonAlumni said:
ordigger said:
Herd said:

Have you ever been to an NDSU game ? There was nobody on this site or any other site who actually went to Fargo that said a bad thing about NDSU fans or any level of respect they have them.

The problem with you an CDA is that you are basing your comments on the 0.05% of NDSU fans who are big headed arrogant internet trolls. It is the internet. A few morons sitting on their mom's basement don't represent an entire fanbase. You guys take one or two examples and pretty soon it is the entire fanbase.

For the record, if internet fan sites were any indicator of fan base arrogance and class, there are countless examples on egriz bashing NDSU and insulting their fanbase. How many threads do you see on bisonville bashing Montana? Go back to the Gameday thread. A whole lot of respect and very little bashing. There is a lot of confidence NDSU fans have in NDSU's football teams, but I think that is reasonable when you only watch your favorite team get beat 3 times in 4 years.

Nah, it's not that at all for me. I just don't like fatties.

2011BisonAlumni said:
ordigger said:
Herd said:

You lose all credibility when you assert that that is "The" problem with me rather than "One" problem with me. You're really treading some new ground with the whole "some internet fans aren't indicative of an entire fan base," there, Copernicus. I had never thought of that. Consider my ways changed.

Herd said:
See Appy 2005-2007. They were the toast of FCS football, and their fans were terrible and arrogant, just ask Montana fans at the time.

As I've said in the past, the difference between App State fans and NDSU fans after some good years is like the difference between Barry Sanders and Deion Sanders after a touchdown.

Sorry for repeating it, it's just true.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Wow. The irony of this paragraph is amazing. Unless you were trying to deliberately bash yourself. If so, then, kudos to you, I guess, but, one of your own even called you arrogant earlier in this very thread, so...
Isn't there a saying about the "vocal minority"....or maybe "perception is reality"?

2011BisonAlumni said:
ordigger said:
Herd said:

You probably need to spend a bit more time on Bisonville, because obviously you are delusional if you don't think fans there bash the Griz, and other fan bases. Arrogance abounds....and did before NDSU won even what NC. Go back and read the comments after you moved up on Bisonville if you think I'm wrong.

And yes, I'm very familiar with Fargo....sadly to much.

CDAGRIZ said:
Herd said:
See Appy 2005-2007. They were the toast of FCS football, and their fans were terrible and arrogant, just ask Montana fans at the time.

As I've said in the past, the difference between App State fans and NDSU fans after some good years is like the difference between Barry Sanders and Deion Sanders after a touchdown.

BAM!!!!! Nailed it!! :thumb:

FTB!!!!!!

Any chance this is a NDSU fan looking for tickets on craigslist? Good luck with that. We love our Grizz...zzz.

Wanted: Montana Grizzlie - Grizz Tickets - $1 (Missoula)

WTB - 2-4 Tickets to the Montana Grizz vs Ndsu Bison football game. 8-29-15. I will get back to you asap. Thank You!
•do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

CDAGRIZ said:
Herd said:

If you go back to 2007-2008 and read the AGS forums, lots and lots and lots of App haters. They were the most arrogant set of fans around. I read that over and over and over.

Wow, this is hilarious stuff Griz fans.
CDA might be related to griz1952 with his jealousy / hatred of NDSU .

NDSU , especially the players have backed up every single word that NDSU fans have smacked.

That is a fact.

Yes espn wanted NDSU in the "inaugural" Fcs opening night game, but Katy perry concert was already set months in advance so espn told them they'd be I bit year 2. So yes you can thank NDSU for being there. Also, thank NDSU for not taking a FBS game this year, that's another reason this game was moved.

Herd said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Herd said:

If you go back to 2007-2008 and read the AGS forums, lots and lots and lots of App haters. They were the most arrogant set of fans around. I read that over and over and over.

I'll get right on that.

Latest posts

Back