• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Rumor: Bob Stitt Candidate for Fordham

Spanky said:
Ursus1 said:
I took a look at their fan forum....not a ton of excitement about him, some real reservations about his lack of East coast recruiting ties.

He will do ok at the NAIA or possibly Division2 level. Fordham? I don’t think so.
Give it up, he’s gone. Your anti-Stitt schtick got old a long time ago.

signedbewildered said:
uofmman1122 said:
I hope he gets the job and does well.

I also hope some of you can one day finally LET IT GO.

This
If Fordham gives him a 25 year contract so he can get his guys and they learn his offense, no problem.

Lots of jokes about taking eternity to get "his guys", but this season his #1 guy at QB went down. His #2 guy, a redshirt freshman, finished 3rd in the Jerry Rice balloting. He also developed a Div II player of the year QB at Mines. He deserves a shot somewhere. Not everyone can be Bobby Hauck. I'd root for a Bob Sitt-coached team every week unless they were playing the Griz.

Spanky said:
signedbewildered said:
uofmman1122 said:

This
If Fordham gives him a 25 year contract so he can get his guys and they learn his offense, no problem.

The haters are idiots...in every interview Hauck has given he says “need time to get players in place to win” or something similar. It’s real people. If you have a true system you need the right players. Bobby has players that fit the possible system with little need for fill in on offense, so it won’t take as long and he will be the savior. Until the defense is fixed though, the Griz will be no better than 7-4, just like Stitt

AZDoc said:
Spanky said:
signedbewildered said:
uofmman1122 said:

This

The haters are idiots...in every interview Hauck has given he says “need time to get players in place to win” or something similar. It’s real people. If you have a true system you need the right players. Bobby has players that fit the possible system with little need for fill in on offense, so it won’t take as long and he will be the savior. Until the defense is fixed though, the Griz will be no better than 7-4, just like Stitt
Doc, I’m not a hater. You must be a hater stating Bobby will be no better than 7-4, just like Stitt?

Spanky said:
AZDoc said:
Spanky said:
signedbewildered said:

Doc, I’m not a hater. You must be a hater stating Bobby will be no better than 7-4, just like Stitt?

Absolutely not. My point is Bobby said he will need time as well. I’ve said numerous times, the defense needs upgraded. If that happens quickly, he already has the general players he needs in TRs system to win games. If he doesn’t fix the defense, 7-4 is the best he will do next season.

Stitt wasn’t ready for the prime time of FCS. Couldn’t handle the limelight and had a hard time handling the commitments to the boosters. Would do better as an assistant with only football responsibilities. Wish him luck on somebody’s staff as he seems like a good guy.

I believe coach Stitt will be a very good OC somewhere! Head coach and OC was just to much for him here! But just OC he would excell at. I WISH HIM THE BEST! Montana is an ELITE FCS football program and expectations are very high! I believe the pressure got the best of Bob at times. He gave it all he had and that's all you can ask of anyone... Good Luck to Bob and his family I really appreciate all he did for our football program! !!!! I know he is leaving here a much better coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Griz!

i_the_sky said:
I believe coach Stitt will be a very good OC somewhere! Head coach and OC was just to much for him here! But just OC he would excell at. I WISH HIM THE BEST! Montana is an ELITE FCS football program and expectations are very high! I believe the pressure got the best of Bob at times. He gave it all he had and that's all you can ask of anyone... Good Luck to Bob and his family I really appreciate all he did for our football program! !!!! I know he is leaving here a much better coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Griz!

chill...

uofmman1122 said:

Well said!

Once a Griz, always a Griz, Spanky. You are old enough to show some class. You got what you wanted, why respond like that? Coach Stitt is a good man and a winning coach that was recently fired. Regardless if you liked his offensive scheme or not show some empathy humanity and class. Why is it so difficult to hope that he and his family do well in the future? I just don’t understand that response.

Ursa Major said:
uofmman1122 said:

Well said!

Once a Griz, always a Griz, Spanky. You are old enough to show some class. You got what you wanted, why respond like that? Coach Stitt is a good man and a winning coach that was recently fired. Regardless if you liked his offensive scheme or not show some empathy humanity and class. Why is it so difficult to hope that he and his family do well in the future? I just don’t understand that response.

:clap: :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
uofmman1122 said:

Well said!

Ursa, I wish him the best as well. Isn’t he still drawing a salary and benefits from UM until his contract expires?

Will someone please, pass along to coach Stitt that number for that TRUCK DRIVING TRAINING SCHOOL, with that said I sincerely hope for the BEST for coach Stitt and family.

Ursa Major said:
uofmman1122 said:

Well said!

:clap:

Spanky said:
Ursa Major said:
uofmman1122 said:

Well said!

Ursa, I wish him the best as well. Isn’t he still drawing a salary and benefits from UM until his contract expires?

I think i read until the end of January.

Ursa Major said:
Spanky said:
Ursa Major said:
uofmman1122 said:

Well said!

That may be correct, and it is for the assistant coaches, I believe, but I thought I had read that the coach salary only went to the end of December. The contract must be publicly available.

PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
Spanky said:
Ursa Major said:
Well said!

That may be correct, and it is for the assistant coaches, I believe, but I thought I had read that the coach salary only went to the end of December. The contract must be publicly available.

You might be correct, PR. I recall reading about the assistant coaches and thought that the HC would be under the same timeline. I do believe that Stitt's contract end was discussed in one of the articles following his release. Maybe the Missoulian?

Ursa Major said:
uofmman1122 said:

Well said!

This x1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ursa Major said:
uofmman1122 said:

Well said!

So isn't that a conflict for Ty Gregorak? lol Now Bobcat, but always a Griz.

Back