• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Rumor: Bob Stitt Candidate for Fordham

ordigger said:
Ursa Major said:
uofmman1122 said:
I hope he gets the job and does well.

I also hope some of you can one day finally LET IT GO.

Well said!

Once a Griz, always a Griz, Spanky. You are old enough to show some class. You got what you wanted, why respond like that? Coach Stitt is a good man and a winning coach that was recently fired. Regardless if you liked his offensive scheme or not show some empathy humanity and class. Why is it so difficult to hope that he and his family do well in the future? I just don’t understand that response.

So isn't that a conflict for Ty Gregorak? lol Now Bobcat, but always a Griz.

Gregorak went to the ultimate enemy. That, my friend, creates a whole different scenario.

Griz Man said:
Lots of jokes about taking eternity to get "his guys", but this season his #1 guy at QB went down. His #2 guy, a redshirt freshman, finished 3rd in the Jerry Rice balloting. He also developed a Div II player of the year QB at Mines. He deserves a shot somewhere. Not everyone can be Bobby Hauck. I'd root for a Bob Sitt-coached team every week unless they were playing the Griz.

So, If the qb was 3d in Jerry Rice balloting, why didn't UM beat the Cats and make the playoffs?

Is your excuse that the qb was bad?

'68griz said:
ordigger said:
Ursa Major said:
uofmman1122 said:

Well said!

Once a Griz, always a Griz, Spanky. You are old enough to show some class. You got what you wanted, why respond like that? Coach Stitt is a good man and a winning coach that was recently fired. Regardless if you liked his offensive scheme or not show some empathy humanity and class. Why is it so difficult to hope that he and his family do well in the future? I just don’t understand that response.

Gregorak went to the ultimate enemy. That, my friend, creates a whole different scenario.

Was Mick Delaney also the ultimate enemy? He coached for the Cats before coaching for UM, and being the head coach?

PlayerRep said:
'68griz said:
ordigger said:
Ursa Major said:
Well said!

Was Mick Delaney also the ultimate enemy? He coached for the Cats before coaching for UM, and being the head coach?

What about Sam Jankovich or Mick Dennehy? They both got a chance at MSU when UM would not give them an opportunity.

PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
Spanky said:
Ursa Major said:
Well said!

Ursa, I wish him the best as well. Isn’t he still drawing a salary and benefits from UM until his contract expires?

I think i read until the end of January.

That may be correct, and it is for the assistant coaches, I believe, but I thought I had read that the coach salary only went to the end of December. The contract must be publicly available.

Damn. Where’s ‘75 when you need him? He’d have that fucker dissected and parsed in no time!

PlayerRep said:
Griz Man said:
Lots of jokes about taking eternity to get "his guys", but this season his #1 guy at QB went down. His #2 guy, a redshirt freshman, finished 3rd in the Jerry Rice balloting. He also developed a Div II player of the year QB at Mines. He deserves a shot somewhere. Not everyone can be Bobby Hauck. I'd root for a Bob Sitt-coached team every week unless they were playing the Griz.

So, If the qb was 3d in Jerry Rice balloting, why didn't UM beat the Cats and make the playoffs?

Is your excuse that the qb was bad?

How did we go from recognizing Jensen's strong play over the course of the season to rehashing the Cats game? That's the holiday spirit...

On this board you've stated that we'd have won a couple more games this year with Phillips. He was more comfortable (as expected of a senior, no knock on Jensen) and also more accurate. So if you need a reason, there it is. :thumb:

I don't plan on coming here and insisting that Hauck fans provide an "excuse" for every loss. I just plan on supporting the Griz, like I did while Stitt was here.

'68griz said:
ordigger said:
Ursa Major said:
uofmman1122 said:

Well said!

He's just a pussy now too.

Looks like Stitt wont be moving to NY.

Fordham (FCS – NY):pete Thamel tweets that Fordham has hired Yale offensive coordinator / offensive line coach Joe Conlin as their new head coach.
(http://footballscoop.com/The-Scoop/)

GrizLogger said:

Fordham (FCS – NY):pete Thamel tweets that Fordham has hired Yale offensive coordinator / offensive line coach Joe Conlin as their new head coach.

maybe he can snag the OC vacancy at Yale

BozAngelesGriz said:
GrizLogger said:

Yale is just the place for a genius!

GrizLogger said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
GrizLogger said:

Yale is just the place for a genius!

he was actually the Harvard OC back in the day...and did a pretty good job.

Maybe he took himself out of contention for the Fordham job. He was the only leaked name a week ago, with reports that it was all but done. Then two days ago he wasn't one of 3 finalists being considered. Don't see how he goes from done deal to not being a finalist. Fordham is in the Bronx. Would be a really big move not only for his family, but any assistants he might want to bring...

Will be glad when he lands a spot - I need the closure since I feel the guy was more than a little unlucky in how things played out here.

AZGrizFan said:
Spanky said:
AZGrizFan said:
Spanky said:
Nice language

f***[*]’ right it is. :thumb:

You are a dandy!

f***[*]' right I am... :D :D

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Back