• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Scoreboard and Sound System

You may be right about the boards on either side. I didn't look closely at them in the pics and thought they were regular ad boards or the rotating kind. I do agree with the comments about having scores from other games or stats from our game on the boards more. I would even pay a little more for my tickets if I could be guaranteed that the advertising would be reduced. (Eliminated would be even better!)

get'em_griz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Bertram said:
CjPLQbEUUAEkh9U.jpg

Looks to be decent enough replacement job, next on their agenda is replacing Mick ... big shoes to fill.

Sweet, and than it seems depending on how accurate this scale is..that immediatly to the right of the coca cola advertisement the new champions facility will star???? that side is pretty much boxed in at this point it would appear??? MORE NOISE!!!!!!

There isn't a rendering of the Grizzly Champions Center looking from the field, but at this angle it does indeed box in that corner. :thumb:

WGCS_Areal.jpg

They need to get on that!!! And if that architect has half a brain...the champions center wall facing the field will have a facade mirroring that of the majestic plaza indoor seating......I dont want to have to slap a bitch!

BleacherCreature said:
You may be right about the boards on either side. I didn't look closely at them in the pics and thought they were regular ad boards or the rotating kind. I do agree with the comments about having scores from other games or stats from our game on the boards more. I would even pay a little more for my tickets if I could be guaranteed that the advertising would be reduced. (Eliminated would be even better!)

Like others have said already, I don't mind the advertising. I choose to ignore them and focus my attention on the game. When there is a pause in the game, I have conversations with those around me about the game. Not that difficult, but I understand that not everyone feels the same.

get'em_griz said:
BleacherCreature said:

Like others have said already, I don't mind the advertising. I choose to ignore them and focus my attention on the game. When there is a pause in the game, I have conversations with those around me about the game. Not that difficult, but I understand that not everyone feels the same.

Ads make the world go round and keep prices down as much as possible. Some of the ads annoy me, some of the ads are a waste of money, but with my attention span, blocking them out is no problem!! :D

grizd said:
get'em_griz said:
BleacherCreature said:

Ads make the world go round and keep prices down as much as possible. Some of the ads annoy me, some of the ads are a waste of money, but with my attention span, blocking them out is no problem!! :D

Privately, I've always wondered if those ad boards were one of the contributing factors to folks just not making it back into their seats by the start of the third quarter. How much advertising can someone watching football take anyway? Drives you to continue to drink I fear.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sweet!! This should really improve the strobe light experience for fans! :lol:

EverettGriz said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sweet!! This should really improve the strobe light experience for fans! :lol:
Hey cut them some slack. It was the crowd-pleaser for every basketball game in the 80's. How could anyone not want to use it for football games in 2016?

Bertram said:
Py2hAl1.jpg

The neighboring state Bizon are in midst of upgrading their video boards too

http://www.inforum.com/sports/40408...-age-bison-football-fans#.V0YIRdw7tkk.twitter

I honestly thought the pic was a joke until I clicked the link.
It's cool to see them pay homage with that helmet to the greatest team to ever play in that Arena. In the infancy of the Arena League, the Lethargic Lightning were a farce with which to be reckoned. When they dropped the master lights and shot those laserlights around that place, people would almost jump out of their overalls. The fans got super excited, too.

coming along. Look's to be bigger than I thought. That's just me.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES/status/739860444031025154[/tweet]

Inspector Griz said:
Hmm.. Interesting... So who did the engineering on this again? Yes yes I have questions..
http://www.ancsports.com/ (a Learfield company)

Is anyone else starting to get nervous about why they haven't broke ground on the Champions Center yet? At this point, I can't see any way that is open for the 2017 season, and I do know for a fact that was something that was actually PROMISED to the the 2016 recruiting class. They were told they would be the last incoming class to ever use the dungeon.

havgrizfan said:
Is anyone else starting to get nervous about why they haven't broke ground on the Champions Center yet? At this point, I can't see any way that is open for the 2017 season, and I do know for a fact that was something that was actually PROMISED to the the 2016 recruiting class. They were told they would be the last incoming class to ever use the dungeon.
Wondering the same thing. Also wondered if they delayed groundbreaking to get the scoreboard installed first since the machinery for getting the scoreboard in place is planted right where the contractor would be digging for the Center.

havgrizfan said:

Not 100% sure on it but I believe there was a delay that came up from re-routing a power source/supply that the build would impact which would actually make the whole campus go dark for 3-4 days. Was told something along those lines but not specifically that the delay was because of that.

UMGriz75 said:
havgrizfan said:
Wondering the same thing. Also wondered if they delayed groundbreaking to get the scoreboard installed first since the machinery for getting the scoreboard in place is planted right where the contractor would be digging for the Center.

Had there been word as to who won the bid? If not, that may also be an issue that is holding up construction. There's still time to get the schedule back in line, but that window is closing fast.

Back