• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Team Poster

Yeah that poster sucks for a couple dozen reasons.

You literally can't make this sh*t up. It's like everything about our program is purposefully trying to fail from the president to the towel boy.

Pathetic

SMFU

Agreed on the lack of Griz script. Don't care that it's not silver, though. Also, is it just me, or does the maroon on the helmets not match the maroon on the jerseys?

I got a poster last year to put in my man cave, but because we moved I never got it up. Planned to frame it like all my SI covers. Are the posters the same size every year?

They are literally not even trying anymore. This poster is just as bad as last year's. There is not a single person with a mind for graphics design putting these together. Like someone mentioned above, it looks like the team is wearing generic uniforms like an old Nintendo game that couldn't afford to pay the NFL to use their likeness. I bet there's three people on this board that could put together a better poster than what UM paid to have this done.

MrTitleist said:
They are literally not even trying anymore. This poster is just as bad as last year's. There is not a single person with a mind for graphics design putting these together. Like someone mentioned above, it looks like the team is wearing generic uniforms like an old Nintendo game that couldn't afford to pay the NFL to use their likeness. I bet there's three people on this board that could put together a better poster than what UM paid to have this done.

Care to give examples of what you'd do? I'd be interested to hear just out of curiosity.

I like the poster a lot. But I agree the branding seems to be missing. But then, everyone loved those helmets for the App game. Hard to please everyone.

Why do we have to be so damn critical of something like a team poster? I am more concerned how well the team looks on the field, not on some damn piece of paper. GO GRIZ!!!

I know Willie already said this, But I seriously thought all the players were animated using bad Nintendo 64 graphics until I could finally zoom in.

One of the worst ones I've ever seen.

:whocares:

Seriously, some of you would continue to bitch like little girls if Monte started shitting out national football titles year after year, simply because he farted a little while doing it.

grizfan95 said:
MrTitleist said:

Care to give examples of what you'd do? I'd be interested to hear just out of curiosity.

The action shots in the poster look really fake (because they were in front of a screen doing these), I'd incorporate actual live shots that look more genuine. I would have branded the header differently with the Montana more prominent, and the "We are" almost blends into the Montana. The background is fine, the footer w/ the schedule is a little bush league with it looking like splashed blood. When teams start releasing their posters (in the next couple months) you'll see how well other schools do them, they make them pop.

the first thing that popped out at me was "we are" sitting on the "NT" on montana. looks like "we areN'T" montana.

Back