• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Team Poster

RdTyLAf.png

I agree with jcu though (and no I'm not high), it's not really important. I'm more concerned with the Griz making the playoffs this year with their very tough scheduled... We haven't exactly done great against good (above .500) teams the past couple years.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
I like it, almost seems like they might've grabbed a few ideas from Willie's fan mock-up last year with the stadium in the background and the whole poster with a central focal point instead of being more of a spread out mash-up that the last few years "official" posters have been.

I don't get why the helmets are solid and without the Griz script or bear paw. Seems almost generic in it's approach and not very well branded to Montana.

Otherwise, good stuff.

That's because our marketing department..is virtually non existent...WHY THE F*** would you not have the Griz script helmet?
Rolls Royce wants the Penn State look :roll: ... :egriz:

Cant please everyone but as a long time brand marketer they whiffed on the branding opportunity horribly. I would fix it = quick!!!

I concur that it really doesn't matter much.

But that is the worst one I've seen in quite some time. At first glance it look like Jordan Johnson farted and the players are bailing all over the place. The center is pointing and blaming it on Canada.

2010:
2010_Griz_poster.jpg

2011:
19888290261182958704.png

2012:
403930_4391654634766_1401970770_n.jpg

2013:
48038_10151338511236682_1985156089_n.jpg

2014:
1452336_10151963775436682_1456251422427303280_n.jpg

2013's poster was by far the worst that UM Marketing has put out, extremely lacking imagination. What I want to know is what the hell happened to the person who designed the 2010-2012 posters?!

I am far from a designer so I won't comment on whether it's visually appealing. The disappointment to me is that kids like to relate and see who the players are with their helmets off. This poster is cartoonish in that regard because the people (players) that have been here for 4 (or 5) years are not recognizable and therefore not recognized for their contributions.

I think UM dropped the ball by not getting Willie involved in the design of this thing!

Since UM started producing these, I'd like to know what team poster folks think was the best one?!!?

I'm a bit partial to 2008's.

Not only is this board full of Vince Lombardi quality coaches, they are also graphic design experts as well. :roll:

I'm not big on the poster either, but sure as hell wont lose any sleep over it!

Hammer said:
Not only is this board full of Vince Lombardi quality coaches, they are also graphic design experts as well. :roll:

Some of these guys have found something they actually no something about. If you catch me posting about the design quality of posters and uniforms, you can tell me it's obvious I never played the design graphic game. I am the sponsor of a team poster, though--a very good team.

PlayerRep said:
Hammer said:

Some of these guys have found something they actually no something about. If you catch me posting about the design quality of posters and uniforms, you can tell me it's obvious I never played the design graphic game. I am the sponsor a team poster, though--a very good team.

:lol: :lol:

The 2013 poster was a "message poster." The "United" expressed significance that everyone understood. JJ was back. That's what that meant. That was important. It will be difficult in succeeding years to communicate the meaning of that, as expressed in that poster.

I can't get too worked up about posters. They are collector's items.

The current one looks like an expression of the Second Law of Thermodynamics, (everyone flying off in all directions is NOT "united," but the opposite), that entropy will distribute all matter eventually into equal discrete units. The 2014 Poster is a fair representation of the Second Law of Thermodynamics, but I am not sure what it is supposed to communicate about a football team.

JJ just standing there with a football none too concerned about the fact that we are all doomed is perhaps too understated for my tastes.

...one thing the poster doez...
...tellz us what we got...
...six-teen seniors...

... :clap: ...

Latest posts

Back