• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next Head Coach

Seems to me that a pretty funny "Weekend at Bernie's" style skit could be put together with a sunglass-clad Delaney being wheeled about the sidelines by one of the assistants. I'll start working on it... :geek:

Hammer said:
I thought our next coach was going to be the coach of the Allatoona Bucs?

Coach Gary Varner yes won a state title as off coordinator at Roswell. He is is the only Head coach of Allatoona and built them from the ground up into a perennial playoff team. This is the year we have all been waiting for as Allatoona will roll into the Georgia dome and claim a state title for this school which is 5 years old. After that Coach Varner will lead the Montana Griz back to the top with the help of this Kid http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1782116/joshua-bettistea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if and only IF haslem and RE want to be relevant in football

GO BUCS GO GRIZ

Fun (yet sobering fact): Every coach since Joe Glenn has had a worse winning percentage than his predecessor. THAT, my friends, is not a good trend.

AZGrizFan said:
Fun (yet sobering fact): Every coach since Joe Glenn has had a worse winning percentage than his predecessor. THAT, my friends, is not a good trend.

And they all had better winning percentages than the 303 head coaches who preceded them. And most have a better percentage than Read. Those, my friends, ARE good trends.

Play enough games, you're gonna lose a few games.

EverettGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

And they all had better winning percentages than the 303 head coaches who preceded them. And most have a better percentage than Read. Those, my friends, ARE good trends.

Some lose more than others. And lately, each coach loses more often than their predecessor.

And Read BUILT the cadillac, and still managed to have a better winning percentage than every coach but two who preceded him.

Some lose more than others

Be kind of a boring game if they didn't.

Look, I understand the point. Certainly Mick and Robin had a down season each. But to suggest that -- for example -- that Hauck's body of work doesn't compare favorably with Glenn's is ridiculous beyond stupid.

EverettGriz said:
Some lose more than others

Be kind of a boring game if they didn't.

Look, I understand the point. Certainly Mick and Robin had a down season each. But to suggest that -- for example -- that Hauck's body of work doesn't compare favorably with Glenn's is ridiculous beyond stupid.

Really? 1-1 vs 0-3? That right there gives Glenn the edge. Now if Hauck had gone 2-1 in those 3 games, I'd give his "body of work" the edge despite the lower winning percentage. Alas, he did not. So, "ridiculous beyond stupid"? I think not...

Legend has it that Hauck said to Bohl before the game in 2003 that we had a nice little team for D-2 and was glad we could come out and play in Missoula even though we might be out of our league. Bohl chose to say nothing before the game, the halftime score was 24-2, his halftime pep talk included Hauck's greeting. Final score 25-24. The rest is history as they say. :)

Old Shep said:
Legend has it that Hauck said to Bohl before the game in 2003 that we had a nice little team for D-2 and was glad we could come out and play in Missoula even though we might be out of our league. Bohl chose to say nothing before the game, the halftime score was 24-2, his halftime pep talk included Hauck's greeting. Final score 25-24. The rest is history as they say. :)

That's quite the legend. :roll:

EverettGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Read took that mess that Donovan left, and over the course of a decade finally won the NC. And that was with some real football teams in the Big Sky. Whomever is hired to finally replace Delaney will need to stay a while in order to undo the damage done by Engstrom.

AZGrizFan said:
Old Shep said:

When legend becomes fact print the legend :) That's a quote from the movie Who shot Liberty Valance!

Old Shep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Old Shep said:

When legend becomes fact print the legend :) That's a quote from the movie Who shot Liberty Valance!
Took their foot off the gas. Shoulda beat the piss outta them like they did to Central Washington (?) in 2010. 73-2...

NLGrizFan said:
Old Shep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Old Shep said:

Took their foot off the gas. Shoulda beat the piss outta them like they did to Central Washington (?) in 2010. 73-2...
Shoulda', woulda'. coulda'! If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle! :D

Old Shep said:
NLGrizFan said:
Old Shep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Shoulda', woulda'. coulda'! If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle! :D
Well she probably is from ND, ya might wanna lift that skirt and see. Just don't get turned on when ya do. We know how you folks are over there...

Old Shep is a classic example of how douchey NDSU fans are.

I just hope this dampens the hate toward EWU and vice versa. Go Big Sky!

Old Shep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Old Shep said:

The book written by the great Dorothy Johnson of Whitefish who also wrote "The Hanging Tree," and "A Man Called Horse," also made into movies.

grizophile said:
Old Shep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Old Shep said:

The book written by the great Dorothy Johnson of Whitefish who also wrote "The Hanging Tree," and "A Man Called Horse," also made into movies.

Johnson was a UM professor and alum as well...

NLGrizFan said:
Old Shep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Old Shep said:

Totally took their foot off the gas. My biggest complaint of the Hauck years is going conservative with a lead. Grandpa Read wouldn't have no part of that, and pissed off opposing coaches a lot. I love the quote by Papa Bear after completely obliterating an opponent (cant remember the opponent or the score just the quote) "It's not our job to stop us, it's theirs" :lol: :clap:

Hammer said:
NLGrizFan said:
Old Shep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Totally took their foot off the gas. My biggest complaint of the Hauck years is going conservative with a lead. Grandpa Read wouldn't have no part of that, and pissed off opposing coaches a lot. I love the quote by Papa Bear after completely obliterating an opponent (cant remember the opponent or the score just the quote) "It's not our job to stop us, it's theirs" :lol: :clap:
I Love It!! Kinda like what Pflu did in 2010 to Western States College or whoever that was in 2010. That was a complete blow out! 73-2?? Thats what I like to see and that quote is awesome! I think the Griz shoulda lit up OPSU last season as well, but, a win will do. :D

Old Shep said:
"The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance," John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Lee Marvin, Vera Miles, Edmond O'Brien, Andy Devine, John Carradine, Woody Strode, Strother Martin, and Lee Van Cleef. Directed by John Ford. From the novel writen right here in Missoula by Dorothy Johnson. Content: She was dedicated Griz Fan.

Back