• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NFL Combine Information

Note the 1.67 first 10 yard time for Wags. That time is more important than 40 time for d-ends. I assume 1.67 is fast, but don't know. It's faster than some of the other d-lineman I've seen times for.

Mayock very complimentary of Wags & one of the best programs in 1AA. Wags will need to focus on increasing his strength so he compete @ this level. 10 yd times were as good as most of the LB's.

go96griz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
14 reps on the bench according to NFL.com

That surprised me. He had the lowest number of reps by any d-lineman or linebacker that did the bench.

That's actually a pretty shocking total. Some teams my shy away as a result but we'll see.... ZW will be a pure pass rusher in the NFL anyway. Probably not a four down player......

Wagenmann: 7.07 sec in 3 cone drill, 4.26 in 20 yd shuttle and 12.00 in 60 shuttle

These numbers are a bigger deal than the 40 time

Zack's measurables:
6'3 1/8"
247 pounds
Arm length: 33 1/2"
Hands: 9 1/2"

Bench: 14 reps

40:
First: 4.85 unofficial
Second: 4.84 unofficial

Official final: 4.82

Announcers talked about his college production and mentioned his solid 40 times.

Broad jump: 109"

Vertical jump: 37.5" (5th best out of DL/LB)

Zack has looked very good in all the field drills.

3 cone drill: 7.07 (excellent time, tied for 2nd best out of DL/LB)
20 yard shuttle: 4.26 (8th out of DL/LB)
60 yard shuttle: 12.0

Zack earned top performer status in the vertical, 3 cone drill, 20 yard shuttle and 60 yard shuttle.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/zack-wagenmann?id=2552679

With the exception of the bench, it looks like Zack had an excellent combine. Looking forward to hearing the post-combine analysis. Still waiting to see his overall combine grade.

He reminds me a lot of Kroy Biermann. Undersized for his position but will work his butt off. Will never be a pro bowl player but if he keeps it up and avoids injuries, he will have a long NFL career. Can't complain about that.

I could be wrong, but I would assume they put more value in the speed drills, and he didn't do horrible in the 40... The bench can always be improved, unless an injury prevents of course... Maybe he just doesn't like to bench...

Biermann in 2007 NFL Combine. This is all I found. Some Combine; some Wiki. Note better results from Wiki, some of which are Pro Day.

6'3 1/8", 242.

31.5" vertical.

7.08 3 cone.

Wiki:

4.75 40. Pro day

4.30 20 shuttle. Pro day

6.83 3 cone. Pro day

35 vertical. Pro day

9'9" broad. Pro day

29 bench reps.

28 Wonderlic.

G-BEARS said:
go96griz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

That surprised me. He had the lowest number of reps by any d-lineman or linebacker that did the bench.

Not being condescending, but doesn't surprise me. His build doesn't strike me as someone who would naturally bench a lot, very lanky compared to most of those other guys. Such a stupid lift to assess anyway.

Agreed.

G-BEARS said:
go96griz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Not being condescending, but doesn't surprise me. His build doesn't strike me as someone who would naturally bench a lot, very lanky compared to most of those other guys. Such a stupid lift to assess anyway.
Totally agree, the bench press has to be the most worthless lift for any athlete. They should put 405lbs on the bar and see how many times you can pull it. Deadlift is a way better judge of body stregth than BP. Nothing stupider than someone with a big bench that has no core strength.

The negative: 14 reps on the bench. Not suprising to me, I always thought his upper-body strength was his weakness in college.

The positive: He looked really good in all the DE drills, especially the ones where he had to run in space (drop in coverage; the flat and the deep outer-third). His 6'3" 247 lbs (a good NFL LB size) would indicate that he has that ability, over bigger/heavier DEs.

He's an amazing kid, with an awesome personality. Some NFL team will want this guy in their locker room, no doubt about it. He's a big-time winner. He was born with a condition where his intestine was on the outside of his body.

I don't agree with those that minimize or trivialize the bench press. The NFL isn't clueless or out-to-lunch. Most people are pretty smart in billion dollar businesses. They know that the ability to push away opponents (bench press) is a criticial part of the game.

Latest posts

Back