• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nguyen Gate

SaskGriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=312462633

Finally conclusive proof that Peter Nguyen put the ball on the ground at least 27 times in his Griz career. Thanks for clearing that up.

According to the link, he never put it on the ground at all, we are all lying and misinformed when he fumbled the game away 3 mins in. Yet again

:roll:

I have video of his fumbles and there are more than 5 of them like PlayaRape says there is.

There has to be a little concern here, if you take away the OPSU game he was 37-123 with 3 fumbles lost against the rest of the schedule...putting the ball on the ground every 12 carries won't keep your job in Pop Warner. Peter got better, maybe he will too.

Wait a minute, are you telling me Alphie made an outrageously biased and inflamed statement where he exaggerates reality, makes up facts, and then attacks people that point out how he may be misinformed? I'm shocked... :roll:

jodcon said:
There has to be a little concern here, if you take away the OPSU game he was 37-123 with 3 fumbles lost against the rest of the schedule...putting the ball on the ground every 12 carries won't keep your job in Pop Warner. Peter got better, maybe he will too.

Jeez, why don't you just stick to the facts, and get the facts right. Nguyen fumbled twice after OPSU--both in the Weber game. Why would you back out 22 carries? Also, Nguyen fumbled a punt in the OPSU game. Nguyen had 59 carries for the year and fumbled twice as a rb (and lost both of them). Thus, he fumbled about 1 out of 30 carries. Too many, but 1 of 30 is much different than 1 of 12. Some of you are total idiots.

By contrast, Van carried 106 times and had 5 fumbles, losing 3. So, he fumbled about 1 in 21 carries, and he lost the ball 1 in 32 carries. Almost exactly the same number of lost balls per carry as Nguyen, and he fumbled as a rb more often than Nguyen.

In 2012, Moore carried 76 times. He fumbled 4 times and lost all 4. Thus, he lost a fumble 1 in 19 carries. Much more frequently than John Nguyen did last year.

CV Griz Fan said:
mtgrizrule said:
Alpha is talking about how many times PN lost a ball while handling it, regardless which team recovered it. PR, are you referring to actual lost fumbles?

I does seem PN lost the ball quite a few times and was bailed out by teammates recovering the ball. I had much more faith in PN handling the ball as a running back. I never got comfortable with him returning punts or kicks though. Last season, I was relieved he to have others handling return duties. To be honest, I always questioned why the staff continually had him as a returner? As for returns, I lean toward Alpha's reasoning on that. He would not have been back doing returns if it were my decision.

At RB, I would have definitely used him, but with a little less work load. Here is to hoping his younger brother can become better at holding onto the ball.

I just find it interesting that the two brothers have the same problem. I mean, how weird is that? Plus both runners are so similar in their running back styles. Is it a metaphysical thing?

I find it interesting that Moore and Van are not Nguyen's brothers, and they fumble more often than J. Nguyen.

PlayerRep said:
jodcon said:

Jeez, why don't you just stick to the facts, and get the facts right. Nguyen fumbled twice after OPSU--both in the Weber game. Why would you back out 22 carries? Also, Nguyen fumbled a punt in the OPSU game. Nguyen had 59 carries for the year and fumbled twice as a rb (and lost both of them). Thus, he fumbled about 1 out of 30 carries. Too many, but 1 of 30 is much different than 1 of 12. Some of you are total idiots.

By contrast, Van carried 106 times and had 5 fumbles, losing 3. So, he fumbled about 1 in 21 carries, and he lost the ball 1 in 32 carries. Almost exactly the same number of lost balls per carry as Nguyen, and he fumbled as a rb more often than Nguyen.

In 2012, Moore carried 76 times. He fumbled 4 times and lost all 4. Thus, he lost a fumble 1 in 19 carries. Much more frequently than John Nguyen did last year.

Settle the fuck down, I glanced through the box scores in two minutes and thought it was the UND game he fumbled in not the OPSU game. All I was saying is against competition that wasn't JUCO caliber he didn't have a very good fumble/carrry ratio and he needs to be better and hopefully will be with more coaching.

PlayerRep said:
jodcon said:

Spin and cherry pick all you want, you can't change history.

maroonandsilver said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I am just going to bump this thread each week until this guy is gone. IMO he has a real shot at breaking his brothers record of putting the ball on the ground.

Peter left here putting it on the ground 27 times and I know I am being conservative on that number (granted I only counted the last 2 years)

So far John has 4.

One of 3 things I liked about Hauck, guys like this were never going to see the field if they put the ball on the ground. I loved when he pulled Reynolds for fumbling to let people know it's not ok.
I spent 4 years in the United States Navy and made 2 deployments to Vietnam aboard destroyers. Some of my shipmates had the 'Stars and Bars' sewed on the lining of their jumper cuffs. Every one of those guys was from the South, was a bigot, racist, and a A-hole. Welcome to the club, Alpha.

Subject was fumbling. Peter was great at this, but finally got it right. Now his brother starts with the fumbling, so naturally, there is reason to believe its 'here-we-go-again' time. Whats this racist shit? Out of the blue you totally change the subject. Using Vietnam in this post is totally irrelevant, and actually pisses me off, not that it matters. You weren't a grunt in the real war, so stop. Sitting on a destroyer, three squares and a cot, miles from any harm and you strut about that? You are the 'A-hole.'

I didn't know fumbling was genetic. Who has proof? Someone needs to start a study. Alpha, why don't you fund it? Just think of the benefit we will gain for future recruiting efforts. No sense wasting time on a younger brother of a fumbler.

PlayerRep said:
CV Griz Fan said:
mtgrizrule said:
Alpha is talking about how many times PN lost a ball while handling it, regardless which team recovered it. PR, are you referring to actual lost fumbles?

I does seem PN lost the ball quite a few times and was bailed out by teammates recovering the ball. I had much more faith in PN handling the ball as a running back. I never got comfortable with him returning punts or kicks though. Last season, I was relieved he to have others handling return duties. To be honest, I always questioned why the staff continually had him as a returner? As for returns, I lean toward Alpha's reasoning on that. He would not have been back doing returns if it were my decision.

At RB, I would have definitely used him, but with a little less work load. Here is to hoping his younger brother can become better at holding onto the ball.

I just find it interesting that the two brothers have the same problem. I mean, how weird is that? Plus both runners are so similar in their running back styles. Is it a metaphysical thing?

I find it interesting that Moore and Van are not Nguyen's brothers, and they fumble more often than J. Nguyen.

I find it interesting that you bash Van and Moore while lying to prove your point. Its no ancient Chinese secret that you live to make young .men like you....its creepy but not a secret.

...like mama zen used to say...
...if you can't say something nice...
...then you should shut the fcuk up...

... :beer: ...

zengriz said:
...like mama zen used to say...
...if you can't say something nice...
...then you should shut the fcuk up...

... :beer: ...

Mama zen HATED irony.

mtgrizrule said:

I agree, he seemed to cough it up at key times as a returner...the one that comes to mind was vs NAU at WaGriz his senior year. Comfortable halftime lead, coughs it up on the kickoff, downhill from there.

Mr. Greenjeans said:
mtgrizrule said:

I agree, he seemed to cough it up at key times as a returner...the one that comes to mind was vs NAU at WaGriz his senior year. Comfortable halftime lead, coughs it up on the kickoff, downhill from there.

I doubt that ever happened, but if he would have just stayed on the bench and got older he would have been another Devin Hester, but probably better.

:coffee:

Mr. Greenjeans said:
mtgrizrule said:

Of course, Nguyen didn't fumble against NAU his senior year. How does UM and egriz attract so many idiots?

Back