• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nguyen Gate

lshaneg said:
If we take fumbling to the next obvious stat, Dave Dickinson had 26 interceptions in his UM career. RB's fumble and QB's throw interceptions. I look at the totality of their contributions and appreciate Peter Nguyen's contributions just as I do Dave Dickinson's contributions. Peter Nguyen accomplished far more on the football field than I and probably far, far, far more than his detractors. Thank you Peter for your contributions to UM football.

You're a goddamn liar! DD never threw one interception. Ever!

Mods?

I can't believe I just read a Peter Nguyen vs Dave Dickensen comparison. Just when I thought this site couldn't get more surreal...

Ursa Major said:
lshaneg said:
If we take fumbling to the next obvious stat, Dave Dickinson had 26 interceptions in his UM career. RB's fumble and QB's throw interceptions. I look at the totality of their contributions and appreciate Peter Nguyen's contributions just as I do Dave Dickinson's contributions. Peter Nguyen accomplished far more on the football field than I and probably far, far, far more than his detractors. Thank you Peter for your contributions to UM football.

Mods?

Post of the fucking century!

Ursa Major said:
lshaneg said:

Mods?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very strong work, Ursa! :thumb:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
You can can choose to lower the bar, that's not in my vocab.

Anyone happy getting there and not closing the deal is the first loser and trust me, we are great at that. We play in the BSC anything under 89% winning is laughable.

Do you guys ever stop to think about true greatness? No not me, I am talking about on the football field, does a synapse ever fire across your cavernous head that teams like Georgia Southern, App st and NDSU are 12-2 (dominance) in title games and we are 2-7 (not dominance...mildly embarrassing)

Even if you are bad at math you have to see that the first number is good and the second one isn't. Now one of you bar lowering SOBS will try a loser tactic to deflect the meaning of this instead of just admitting I am right. You will say "oh yeah, at least we got there 7 times" and I will say so did Georgia Southern and they won 5 of them.

We have dickheads on here saying things like "welcome to Montana prepare to win championships" when in the real world people smile to be courteous and then mumble "dude it's been 14 years since you won anything".

That coupled with a plethora of other things (68,Grizzoula,PR,etc) is why it's embarrassing to be a Griz fan 98% of the time.

:coffee:

dont be a fag

pussycatkillerz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
You can can choose to lower the bar, that's not in my vocab.

Anyone happy getting there and not closing the deal is the first loser and trust me, we are great at that. We play in the BSC anything under 89% winning is laughable.

Do you guys ever stop to think about true greatness? No not me, I am talking about on the football field, does a synapse ever fire across your cavernous head that teams like Georgia Southern, App st and NDSU are 12-2 (dominance) in title games and we are 2-7 (not dominance...mildly embarrassing)

Even if you are bad at math you have to see that the first number is good and the second one isn't. Now one of you bar lowering SOBS will try a loser tactic to deflect the meaning of this instead of just admitting I am right. You will say "oh yeah, at least we got there 7 times" and I will say so did Georgia Southern and they won 5 of them.

We have dickheads on here saying things like "welcome to Montana prepare to win championships" when in the real world people smile to be courteous and then mumble "dude it's been 14 years since you won anything".

That coupled with a plethora of other things (68,Grizzoula,PR,etc) is why it's embarrassing to be a Griz fan 98% of the time.

:coffee:

dont be a fag

Finalist for post of the year!

Liquor up front! said:
pussycatkillerz said:
dont be a fag

Well, he's got a couple ahead of him, so it'll be hard for him to win out by the end of the year. Besides, you got to admit that AG1 is rather highly sensitive these days. Thin skin and all.
Get too close to him and the hair falls off his head or something, just like what happened a couple of months ago when it all fell off his chest; ugly scene, that.

WyomingGrizFan said:
Liquor up front! said:
pussycatkillerz said:
dont be a fag

Well, he's got a couple ahead of him, so it'll be hard for him to win out by the end of the year. Besides, you got to admit that AG1 is rather highly sensitive these days. Thin skin and all.
Get too close to him and the hair falls off his head or something, just like what happened a couple of months ago when it all fell off his chest; ugly scene, that.

This is very close to TMI regarding Alpha. :thumb: :lol:

This staff just gives lip service to discipline. There are way too many penalties and fumbles. I've seen guys fumble and then go right back in the next series, same for penalties. The only way players change their behavior is if you take away what they want most and that is playing time.

It is obvious Nguyen has a fumbling problem so putting him in the position (returner) that requires the most ball security makes no sense. A lost fumble on a punt return almost always means excellent field position for your opponent.

There were many times that both Nguyens misplayed punts by not catching them and allowing them to bounce for many yards.

Rooster said:
This staff just gives lip service to discipline. There are way too many penalties and fumbles. I've seen guys fumble and then go right back in the next series, same for penalties. The only way players change their behavior is if you take away what they want most and that is playing time.

It is obvious Nguyen has a fumbling problem so putting him in the position (returner) that requires the most ball security makes no sense. A lost fumble on a punt return almost always means excellent field position for your opponent.

There were many times that both Nguyens misplayed punts by not catching them and allowing them to bounce for many yards.

Since J. Nguyen doesn't fumble nearly as much as Van and Moore (his senior year), is/was it obvious to you that they have/had fumbling problems?

UM had 4.69 penalties per game (4.37 in conf only). Were 3d overall behind Davis (4.42) and UNC (4.67). 2d in conf only behind Davis, I think.

Rooster said:
A lost fumble on a punt return almost always means excellent field position for your opponent.

Thank you for letting me know. I had no idea! :?

Rooster said:

I disagree. This does not change your behavior. Coaching staffs are in it to win it, so are the players. A coach taking a player out of a game because he fumbled the ball isn't going to prevent that player from fumbling again. A coach taking a OL out of the game for a false start isn't going to prevent him from doing that again. Dicipline and preventive measures comes during practice or after the game. If a player flat out can't hold on to the football or is continually putting the team in bad postions through chronic penalties, then yeah that player probably isn't the best option at his position and he'll be replaced by someone who better produces. Benching your best player at the position because of an error is only a good strategy if you want to lose or if you're coaching Peewee.

Rooster said:

Great post, very accurate.

:clap: :clap:

Rooster said:
The coach is not "benching the best player" if he is fumbling.

If he fumbles chronically and continues to be a liability to the team, then yeah. But benching a guy as a part of a disciplinary measure is bad coaching if you're trying to win the game.

Sam A. Blitz said:
Rooster said:

If he fumbles chronically and continues to be a liability to the team, then yeah. But fumbling a guy as a part of a disciplinary measure is bad coaching if you're trying to win the game.

Bullsh*t

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Rooster said:

If he fumbles chronically and continues to be a liability to the team, then yeah. But fumbling a guy as a part of a disciplinary measure is bad coaching if you're trying to win the game.

Bullsh*t

Would you bench JJ if he fumbled twice in one game with the game still on the line? Would you bench Waggerman if he had 2 dumb penalties with the game still on the line? There are very few coaches that would.

Sam A. Blitz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Rooster said:

Bullsh*t

Would you bench JJ if he fumbled twice in one game with the game still on the line? Would you bench Waggerman if he had 2 dumb penalties with the game still on the line? There are very few coaches that would.
That is really an unfair question to ask Alpha. Neither of your examples are either black or Asian.

Sam A. Blitz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Rooster said:

Bullsh*t

Like Brad Childress. Two AP fumbles at the goal line in the 2010 NFC Championship game kept the Vikes out of the Superbowl and cost Childress his job. AP had a fumbling problem early on and they had other backs who knew how to hold onto the ball at crunch time. Brad just wouldn't make the call. The bright spot is AP worked triple time and fixed his problem. Can we send MD some AP tapes without landing in the NCAA doghouse?

Back