• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nguyen Gate

Peter was and is a fine young man. One of the best. He "bled maroon" and unlike the posters here, was not perfect but, unlike the posters here, he played his heart out. He set records. What in the hell is the matter with you people?

If I was a coach [I am a coach, just not football], I'd take that kid any day of the week. And feel lucky that he was on "our" team.

Oh fu*k off.

Nobody is questioning if he's a good person or not, or if he has MaroonBlood. He just fumbled a lot and that is a totally acceptable thing to talk about on a football forum unless you lie about it like PlayERRAPe.

Nobody is questioning his character, flossing habits, or shoe choice, simply fumbling the football a lot. If this really bugs you.......you may not want to read ANY threads until his brother graduates. I am thinking there will be 20+................

:coffee:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Oh fu*k off.
Yourself.

I've had kids like that. But they try so damn hard, they inspire everyone around them. I never knew how to quantify the occasional drop, just about equivalent to any other oversight if the metric were there to measure it, with the "heart" he gave the team.

I HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO A SINGLE UM TEAM MEMBER THAT FELT THAT THIS YOUNG MAN WAS A DETRIMENT TO THIS TEAM. INSTEAD, HE INSPIRED EVERY SINGLE ONE.

It's still a team sport. Peter was very much a part of that team. I think he "inspired."

If his records are not set in the records he actually set, his "metrics" are found elsewhere.

Like I said, nobody questioned that, just his fumbling.

If what you say is true, then it's no wonder the last decade is mired in mediocrity, I would have thought our players set the bar higher.

I was wrong

I wish John the very best.

He is another kid that works hard. Maybe it will be there for him, maybe it won't. I hope he has every opportunity to make it work. I hope everyone else has the same opportunity without trying to prejudge them by what their grandmother might have done.

Frick, these kids can't even take a home-cooked meal without violating International law and invoking the United Nations. Let them try to do well what they want to do. F!!!, is that so hard to WANT to do?

PlayerRep said:
Mr. Greenjeans said:
mtgrizrule said:
Alpha is talking about how many times PN lost a ball while handling it, regardless which team recovered it. PR, are you referring to actual lost fumbles?

I does seem PN lost the ball quite a few times and was bailed out by teammates recovering the ball. I had much more faith in PN handling the ball as a running back. I never got comfortable with him returning punts or kicks though. Last season, I was relieved he to have others handling return duties. To be honest, I always questioned why the staff continually had him as a returner? As for returns, I lean toward Alpha's reasoning on that. He would not have been back doing returns if it were my decision.

At RB, I would have definitely used him, but with a little less work load. Here is to hoping his younger brother can become better at holding onto the ball.

I agree, he seemed to cough it up at key times as a returner...the one that comes to mind was vs NAU at WaGriz his senior year. Comfortable halftime lead, coughs it up on the kickoff, downhill from there.

Of course, Nguyen didn't fumble against NAU his senior year. How does UM and egriz attract so many idiots?
Perhaps it was his junior year you dolt, he coughed it up and NAU scored a couple plays later. I watched from the NEZ and with geddes and we both were thinking doom.

Jeebus, for one who attended an Ivy the derp is confusing at best. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PlayerRep said:
Mr. Greenjeans said:
mtgrizrule said:
Alpha is talking about how many times PN lost a ball while handling it, regardless which team recovered it. PR, are you referring to actual lost fumbles?

I does seem PN lost the ball quite a few times and was bailed out by teammates recovering the ball. I had much more faith in PN handling the ball as a running back. I never got comfortable with him returning punts or kicks though. Last season, I was relieved he to have others handling return duties. To be honest, I always questioned why the staff continually had him as a returner? As for returns, I lean toward Alpha's reasoning on that. He would not have been back doing returns if it were my decision.

At RB, I would have definitely used him, but with a little less work load. Here is to hoping his younger brother can become better at holding onto the ball.

I agree, he seemed to cough it up at key times as a returner...the one that comes to mind was vs NAU at WaGriz his senior year. Comfortable halftime lead, coughs it up on the kickoff, downhill from there.

Of course, Nguyen didn't fumble against NAU his senior year. How does UM and egriz attract so many idiots?

You can't rewrite history or perhaps your memory is slipping, but Pete fumbled that kickoff dolt. I watched it. It certainly doesn't effect that I think Pete is a good kid and made the best of his opportunities , got his education and hopefully will do well in life. Just like I hope his younger brother does the same.

You , on the other hand are simply stupid.

Oh look, more numbers Alpha is throwing around (Still yet to bother presenting a single statistic, or any non-anecdotal evidence to his case.) to bash a former player that did more for the University than alpha's low-life alcoholic ass has accomplished in his whole life....And no, your drunk ass driving from Butte to Missoula drinking a bottle of fireball is not an accomplishment.

It doesn't matter what claim is made, if it doesn't fit to his preexisting opinions, beliefs, or prejudice. It's automatically wrong in his eyes, while he will cry that it only makes him "non-politically correct" it also cries of mild-to full blown-retardation, or you know, the complete misuse and misunderstanding of basic logic and the fallacies in his "arguments".

Wolfman_Jack said:
to bash a former player that did more for the University than alpha's low-life alcoholic ass has accomplished in his whole life....And no, your drunk ass driving from Butte to Missoula drinking a bottle of fireball is not an accomplishment.

The Fu*k it doesnt, its hella hard to down a bottle of whiskey and pull that off.

Thanks for caring so much Wolfman Jackoff

Mr. Greenjeans said:
PlayerRep said:
Mr. Greenjeans said:
mtgrizrule said:

You can't rewrite history or perhaps your memory is slipping, but Pete fumbled that kickoff dolt. I watched it. It certainly doesn't effect that I think Pete is a good kid and made the best of his opportunities , got his education and hopefully will do well in life. Just like I hope his younger brother does the same.

You , on the other hand are simply stupid.

You are n
incorrect. Your memory is wrong. Nguyen did not fumble in the NAU game his senior year. There were 2 UM fumbles, both lost, both by Moore. Nguyen did not return a kickoff in the game. Chase N. returned 2 kickoffs; the rest were touchbacks. See the official stats, as well as the links. See also the play-by-by linked below. Sorry, but you are the one who is "simply stupid".

FUMBLES no-lost sd app liberty nau ewu nc suu und isu wsu msu
Dan Moore FB 4-4 - - 1-1 2-2 - DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP 1-1
Peter Nguyen RB 3-3 1-1 - - - 1-1 - 1-1 - - - -
Smithwick-Hann QB 2-1 DNP DNP - - - - DNP 1-1 - 1-0 -
Jordan Canada RB 2-1 - DNP 1-0 - 1-1 - - - - - -
TEAM 2-1 - - - - 1-1 DNP - - 1-0 - -
Adam Brzeczek QB 1-1 1-1 DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP - DNP DNP
Chase Naccarato WR 1-1 - 1-1 - - - - - DNP - DNP DNP
Gerald Kemp WR 1-0 DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP 1-0 - -
Greg Hardy TE 1-1 - - - - - - - 1-1 - - -
Trent McKinney QB 1-0 - - - - - 1-0 - - - DNP DNP

http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2012-2013/indgbg.html#IGBG.FMB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LL RETURNS No Yds Lg No Yds Lg No Yds Lg
Peter Nguyen 3 28 11 0 0 0 0 0 0
Clay Pierson 1 16 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Chase Naccarato 0 0 0 2 49 29 0 0 0
Totals...

http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2012-2013/um-nau.html#GAME.IND" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

statler & waldorf said:
maroonandsilver said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I am just going to bump this thread each week until this guy is gone. IMO he has a real shot at breaking his brothers record of putting the ball on the ground.

Peter left here putting it on the ground 27 times and I know I am being conservative on that number (granted I only counted the last 2 years)

So far John has 4.

One of 3 things I liked about Hauck, guys like this were never going to see the field if they put the ball on the ground. I loved when he pulled Reynolds for fumbling to let people know it's not ok.
I spent 4 years in the United States Navy and made 2 deployments to Vietnam aboard destroyers. Some of my shipmates had the 'Stars and Bars' sewed on the lining of their jumper cuffs. Every one of those guys was from the South, was a bigot, racist, and a A-hole. Welcome to the club, Alpha.

Subject was fumbling. Peter was great at this, but finally got it right. Now his brother starts with the fumbling, so naturally, there is reason to believe its 'here-we-go-again' time. Whats this racist shit? Out of the blue you totally change the subject. Using Vietnam in this post is totally irrelevant, and actually pisses me off, not that it matters. You weren't a grunt in the real war, so stop. Sitting on a destroyer, three squares and a cot, miles from any harm and you strut about that? You are the 'A-hole.'

S&W:

You are correct in stating that USN destroyer service in VN was safer that that of "boots on the ground" servicemen. But we were not "miles from harm" as you suggest. We were often yards from the coastline, in bays, in river outlets, providing naval gunfire support to ground forces. At least 150 destroyers took part in the war. Some were hit by coastal batteries (including mine). Some sailors were killed by enemy fire (including one from my ship). Many crews (including mine) were awarded the Navy/Marine Combat Action Ribbon, not given lightly. But in the overall scheme of things, destroyer sailors were much. much safer and comfortable, and I don't begin to equate my VN War service with that of the "ground-pounders". But I joined the Navy willingly for 4 years rather than wait for the draft, did 2 deployments to Vietnam, served honorably, and am proud of that service.

But back to the intent of my original post. When I see a person displaying the "Star & Bars", I find that offensive. I immediately associate that symbol with bigotry and intolerance and that negatively colors my opinion of that person.

That's your problem, you should take some time to educate yourself and make better and more intelligent decisions.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Like I said, nobody questioned that, just his fumbling.

If what you say is true, then it's no wonder the last decade is mired in mediocrity, I would have thought our players set the bar higher.

I was wrong

Mired in mediocrity? 104 -28 78.7% winning percentage, 3 National Championship Finals and 2 more National Semi-Finals. That is not a bad decade by any standard. Were there games we could have won but didn't? Of course. Just as there were games we could have lost and didn't.

Does mediocrity mean what I think it does? If so it does not apply here.

Either you or your expectations are too high, possibly both.

You can can choose to lower the bar, that's not in my vocab.

Anyone happy getting there and not closing the deal is the first loser and trust me, we are great at that. We play in the BSC anything under 89% winning is laughable.

Do you guys ever stop to think about true greatness? No not me, I am talking about on the football field, does a synapse ever fire across your cavernous head that teams like Georgia Southern, App st and NDSU are 12-2 (dominance) in title games and we are 2-7 (not dominance...mildly embarrassing)

Even if you are bad at math you have to see that the first number is good and the second one isn't. Now one of you bar lowering SOBS will try a loser tactic to deflect the meaning of this instead of just admitting I am right. You will say "oh yeah, at least we got there 7 times" and I will say so did Georgia Southern and they won 5 of them.

We have dickheads on here saying things like "welcome to Montana prepare to win championships" when in the real world people smile to be courteous and then mumble "dude it's been 14 years since you won anything".

That coupled with a plethora of other things (68,Grizzoula,PR,etc) is why it's embarrassing to be a Griz fan 98% of the time.

statler & waldorf said:
maroonandsilver said:
But back to the intent of my original post................

Which was.....highjacking the subject. The subect was FUMBLING, not your heroic deeds in Nam or your opinion of your shipmates.

Tough crowd....tough crowd....

If we take fumbling to the next obvious stat, Dave Dickinson had 26 interceptions in his UM career. RB's fumble and QB's throw interceptions. I look at the totality of their contributions and appreciate Peter Nguyen's contributions just as I do Dave Dickinson's contributions. Peter Nguyen accomplished far more on the football field than I and probably far, far, far more than his detractors. Thank you Peter for your contributions to UM football.

Latest posts

Back