• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No More Excuses

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Look, i don't drink the Kool-Aid, which offends some of you "good fans". I don't think Stitt was a good hire, and it is my right to have that opinion. I have given you a plethora of reasons why I think this,

Yeah, WE FUCKING GET IT! How about everyone just assumes you don't like the Stitt hire until you tell us otherwise? It will likely be when the next coach takes the reigns.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
grizfan406 said:
Good post but that 4th and short call against Poly where he gave the ball to Gamboa was both a horrible call AND it was poorly executed....It was really just a stupid play. I am sure that Stitt wants that one back....

Agree CV, lots of other options for that particular play. Side note, I hate watching the griz play Cal Poly, they give us fits every year it seems with that triple option. You HAVE to with the line of scrimmage when you play a triple option. Silver lining is that it shows you where you need to improve.

And, so it goes. If Stitt had a REAL ability to run the football, he would have no need to try some cutesy play to gain a critical 1st down. Remember, we had Joey Counts ready to pound the rock on that play. so, you give it Gamboa?????

Not that it matters much but was Gamboa a runningback in highschool. I didn't like that play either. Unless you have The Refrigerator Perry, let your RB's have at it. It can be demoralizing from a psych standpoint to show you don't have faith your RB's can get the yard.

Why is everyone so negative toward Atlanta Griz1. He is the most knowledgeable poster on egriz by far and seems to be the only person who objectively sees the UM football program declining, especially with the hiring of Bob Stitt. He is the only fan that questions the hiring of Bob Stitt. The rest of egriz seem to be lemmings following each other off the cliff.

GoldenEagle said:
Why is everyone so negative toward Atlanta Griz1. He is the most knowledgeable poster on egriz by far and seems to be the only person who objectively sees the UM football program declining, especially with the hiring of Bob Stitt. He is the only fan that questions the hiring of Bob Stitt. The rest of egriz seem to be lemmings following each other off the cliff.

Awesome try, bro! You guys going to make the playoffs this year, or are you staying with the Eastern of old?

GoldenEagle said:
I don't see the EAGS making the playoffs in the foreseeable future. Probably a drop down to division II.

Damn. That's tough to learn. Are they still going to build a stadium over in that wheat field? IDK if it makes much sense if they are thinking about dropping down. I bet you guys would do pretty well at that level, however. Might be the next UND!

CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:
I don't see the EAGS making the playoffs in the foreseeable future. Probably a drop down to division II.

Damn. That's tough to learn. Are they still going to build a stadium over in that wheat field? IDK if it makes much sense if they are thinking about dropping down. I bet you guys would do pretty well at that level, however. Might be the next UND!

No, the administration at EWU is going with Joe Albi Stadium, emphasizing that gritty urban blight theme. Definitely looking forward to those rivalry games with Central Washington and Western Oregon.

GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:

No, the administration at EWU is going with Joe Albi Stadium, emphasizing that gritty urban blight theme. Definitely looking forward to those rivalry games with Central Washington and Western Oregon.

That's at least some good news. I've always thought you guys should move back to the Albi. It's head and shoulders above Woodward Field, and would attract a lot more fans. Good decision by the administration.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
grizfan406 said:
Good post but that 4th and short call against Poly where he gave the ball to Gamboa was both a horrible call AND it was poorly executed....It was really just a stupid play. I am sure that Stitt wants that one back....

Agree CV, lots of other options for that particular play. Side note, I hate watching the griz play Cal Poly, they give us fits every year it seems with that triple option. You HAVE to with the line of scrimmage when you play a triple option. Silver lining is that it shows you where you need to improve.

And, so it goes. If Stitt had a REAL ability to run the football, he would have no need to try some cutesy play to gain a critical 1st down. Remember, we had Joey Counts ready to pound the rock on that play. so, you give it Gamboa?????

I am a supporter of Stitt but the "chain of events" that stupid play call caused was epic. Totally out of left field IMO.....

CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:

You had better hope that they don't build a shiny new stadium. Cause, if they do, they will dominate the Big Sky like we used to do, not that they haven't done that lately anyway. But, if they get a new stadium, being near a bigger city, with a solid minority population, and closer to the fertile Washington recruiting grounds, it will be game, set, match! The recruiting advantages we enjoy now will shift to them.

Actually, EWU has ONE of the biggest recruiting advantages over UM already. It's called their admissions office. It's not even close, and MOST rational EWU fans I have spoke with will totally admit the academic admissions standards at EWU vs UM and MSU have been huge in recruiting for the Eags. I'm not not knocking EWU for it either. Colleges all have different requirements. EWU has theirs. It works for them, and that, coulled with an incredibly good head coach, EWU is a beast no doubt, and they honestly don't even need a new stadium to keep being a beast. It would be great for their fan base to have a better stadium, but actually, their football infrastructure, though not connected to the stadium, is pretty damn nice as it is.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:

You had better hope that they don't build a shiny new stadium. Cause, if they do, they will dominate the Big Sky like we used to do, not that they haven't done that lately anyway. But, if they get a new stadium, being near a bigger city, with a solid majority population, and closer to the fertile Washington recruiting grounds, it will be game, set, match! The recruiting advantages we enjoy now will shift to them.

Oh, no!

giphy.gif

CDAGRIZ said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:

You had better hope that they don't build a shiny new stadium. Cause, if they do, they will dominate the Big Sky like we used to do, not that they haven't done that lately anyway. But, if they get a new stadium, being near a bigger city, with a solid majority population, and closer to the fertile Washington recruiting grounds, it will be game, set, match! The recruiting advantages we enjoy now will shift to them.

Oh, no!

giphy.gif

Typical response from a Certified blank blank. (hint: not a District Attorney either!)

Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Oh, no!

giphy.gif

Typical response from a Certified blank blank. (hint: not a District Attorney either!)

You got me good, Farva.

GoldenEagle said:

Sorry, you do not have adequate facilities for the DII level.

I love that admissions advantage thing of EWU’s on so many levels … as an illustration of the innate advantage of the lowest common denominator as a principle in the valuable life lessons that we all know sport confers on its participants, as needed reinforcement of the big, dumb jock stereotype (a cultural figure which has been sadly disappearing due to misplaced political correctitude), as evidence of the Idiocracy in the ascendance … all in all, a metaphor for the times.

Fat Bruno said:
I love that admissions advantage thing of EWU’s on so many levels … as an illustration of the innate advantage of the lowest common denominator as a principle in the valuable life lessons that we all know sport confers on its participants, as needed reinforcement of the big, dumb jock stereotype (a cultural figure which has been sadly disappearing due to misplaced political correctitude), as evidence of the Idiocracy in the ascendance … all in all, a metaphor for the times.

75:
Will you please translate this post?

CV Griz Fan said:
Fat Bruno said:

75:

If he does, there's every way this thread gets to 17 pages.....

CV Griz Fan said:
Fat Bruno said:

75:

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and F*CK the prom queen!

UM 75 translate? Fuggedaboudit. His lack of reading skills have long been obscured by prolixity, verbosity, long windedness, glibness and sheer volume of horse shit.

Back