• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No More Excuses

Fat Bruno said:
UM 75 translate? Fuggedaboudit. His lack of reading skills have long been obscured by prolixity, verbosity, long windedness, glibness and sheer volume of horse shit.

POTY right there...

Fat Bruno said:
UM 75 translate? Fuggedaboudit. His lack of reading skills have long been obscured by prolixity, verbosity, long windedness, glibness and sheer volume of horse shit.
The great thing about egriz is that, when you point to complete idiots and nitwits, they are so willing to step forward and self-identify, in large part with long lists of adjectives which they mostly had to google.

horribilisfan8184 said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Fat Bruno said:
I love that admissions advantage thing of EWU’s on so many levels … as an illustration of the innate advantage of the lowest common denominator as a principle in the valuable life lessons that we all know sport confers on its participants, as needed reinforcement of the big, dumb jock stereotype (a cultural figure which has been sadly disappearing due to misplaced political correctitude), as evidence of the Idiocracy in the ascendance … all in all, a metaphor for the times.

75:
Will you please translate this post?

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and F*CK the prom queen!

Not what I hear about you. Been told that your motto when entering a pick-up bar is "go ugly early".

EverettGriz said:
GoldenEagle said:
I don't see the EAGS making the playoffs in the foreseeable future. Probably a drop down to division II.

Sorry, you do not have adequate facilities for the DII level.

I think it is important for UM to bring the athletic facilities at least to modern standards. The irony is while Rome burns, it seems there is adequate funding from the sugar daddy and family to improve athletics infrastructure when entire academic programs are being squeezed to mediocrity. What has happened to my university?

GoldenEagle said:
EverettGriz said:
GoldenEagle said:
I don't see the EAGS making the playoffs in the foreseeable future. Probably a drop down to division II.

Sorry, you do not have adequate facilities for the DII level.

I think it is important for UM to bring the athletic facilities at least to modern standards. The irony is while Rome burns, it seems there is adequate funding from the sugar daddy and family to improve athletics infrastructure when entire academic programs are being squeezed to mediocrity. What has happened to my university?

It's still there, has red turf, metal bleachers, the secretarial skills team is granting Masters and you will still pull in the occasional freshman who gets lost and thinks it's Gonzaga but with more meth.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Fat Bruno said:
I love that admissions advantage thing of EWU’s on so many levels … as an illustration of the innate advantage of the lowest common denominator as a principle in the valuable life lessons that we all know sport confers on its participants, as needed reinforcement of the big, dumb jock stereotype (a cultural figure which has been sadly disappearing due to misplaced political correctitude), as evidence of the Idiocracy in the ascendance … all in all, a metaphor for the times.

75:

Not what I hear about you. Been told that your motto when entering a pick-up bar is "go ugly early".

Fucking moron, don't know a Sean Connery quote when you see one. Lame is strong in this one.

horribilisfan8184 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
CV Griz Fan said:
75:

f***[*] moron, don't know a Sean Connery quote when you see one. Lame is strong in this one.

I hope you are banned for this comment/name calling. I know that I would be for much less. Mods?

Back on topic: Growler, since you started this thread, I have a football related question only you can answer. List the excuses by the 2002-2015 Grizzly football teams and their coaches for the state of Griz football. I'm talking the players who played and the coaches who coached those teams. What were the excuses you heard from them? Cause they are the ONLY ones who have an effect on the program between the lines.

You can talk about the dumbing down of the fan base, and low expectations all you want, but, two things. That has zero effect on the how the actual football teams plays the games every Saturday. It just doesn't, and any rational human being, no matter how egocentric they are, knows, that no matter how diehard of a fan they are, they have no control over how the football team plays. Secondly, Villanova won an FCS national championship with literally NO fan base and NO fan expectations. The year they beat the Griz, they avered exactly 1,234 fans per home game! So again, it's not about the fans, I wanna hear you tell me the excuses the teams and coaches have given over the years for why the Griz program is in the state you claim it's in.

grizfan406 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
grizfan406 said:
Good post but that 4th and short call against Poly where he gave the ball to Gamboa was both a horrible call AND it was poorly executed....It was really just a stupid play. I am sure that Stitt wants that one back....

Agree CV, lots of other options for that particular play. Side note, I hate watching the griz play Cal Poly, they give us fits every year it seems with that triple option. You HAVE to with the line of scrimmage when you play a triple option. Silver lining is that it shows you where you need to improve.
And, so it goes. If Stitt had a REAL ability to run the football, he would have no need to try some cutesy play to gain a critical 1st down. Remember, we had Joey Counts ready to pound the rock on that play. so, you give it Gamboa?????

Not that it matters much but was Gamboa a runningback in highschool. I didn't like that play either. Unless you have The Refrigerator Perry, let your RB's have at it. It can be demoralizing from a psych standpoint to show you don't have faith your RB's can get the yard.

I think Stitt knows his RBs can get the yards, but he wants to be fancy and innovative, so he showboats by having a linebacker do it instead.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

f***[*] moron, don't know a Sean Connery quote when you see one. Lame is strong in this one.

I hope you are banned for this comment/name calling. I know that I would be for much less. Mods?

It is an observation, followed by a statement of fact, ending with an opinion, all speaking truth. As usual, most replies to your aggressive trolling go over your head....

havgrizfan said:
Back on topic: Growler, since you started this thread, I have a football related question only you can answer. List the excuses by the 2002-2015 Grizzly football teams and their coaches for the state of Griz football. I'm talking the players who played and the coaches who coached those teams. What were the excuses you heard from them? Cause they are the ONLY ones who have an effect on the program between the lines.

You can talk about the dumbing down of the fan base, and low expectations all you want, but, two things. That has zero effect on the how the actual football teams plays the games every Saturday. It just doesn't, and any rational human being, no matter how egocentric they are, knows, that no matter how diehard of a fan they are, they have no control over how the football team plays. Secondly, Villanova won an FCS national championship with literally NO fan base and NO fan expectations. The year they beat the Griz, they avered exactly 1,234 fans per home game! So again, it's not about the fans, I wanna hear you tell me the excuses the teams and coaches have given over the years for why the Griz program is in the state you claim it's in.

Don't hold your hand on your ass waiting for an answer. :lol:

doc3kgt said:
grizfan406 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
grizfan406 said:
Good post but that 4th and short call against Poly where he gave the ball to Gamboa was both a horrible call AND it was poorly executed....It was really just a stupid play. I am sure that Stitt wants that one back....

Agree CV, lots of other options for that particular play. Side note, I hate watching the griz play Cal Poly, they give us fits every year it seems with that triple option. You HAVE to with the line of scrimmage when you play a triple option. Silver lining is that it shows you where you need to improve.
And, so it goes. If Stitt had a REAL ability to run the football, he would have no need to try some cutesy play to gain a critical 1st down. Remember, we had Joey Counts ready to pound the rock on that play. so, you give it Gamboa?????

Not that it matters much but was Gamboa a runningback in highschool. I didn't like that play either. Unless you have The Refrigerator Perry, let your RB's have at it. It can be demoralizing from a psych standpoint to show you don't have faith your RB's can get the yard.

I think Stitt knows his RBs can get the yards, but he wants to be fancy and innovative, so he showboats by having a linebacker do it instead.

Man, you've really got him figured out, don't you? :roll: :roll:

AZGrizFan said:
havgrizfan said:

Don't hold your hand on your ass waiting for an answer. :lol:

I would answer, but it is the most convoluted, stupid post I have read on here in awhile. I read it three times, and still don't understand what he wants. What the f__k does a fan base who now accepts 7-4 seasons and early exits from the playoffs have to do with the performance of the team on the field? There is no relevance whatsoever. But, a fan base who is never satisfied until the program returns to being one of 2-3 elite FCS programs in the nation, will not sit back with the "wait-until-next-year" mantra, and will demand changes until the program returns to that status.

AZGrizFan said:
doc3kgt said:
grizfan406 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Man, you've really got him figured out, don't you? :roll: :roll:

Actually, I think he may have hit the nail squarely on the head. Stitt came into this program with lots of flowery promises regarding his dynamic offense. He was cocky, and always telling us how he did this and that at Mines. After the big win against NDSU, one would have thought by listening to him that he was ready to take on an NFL team. That Cal Poly game was not long after that, and he was still feeling his oats at that time. I think he very well could have called that play to further impress his fan base about how innovative he was. It is definitely not out of the question.

doc3kgt said:
grizfan406 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
grizfan406 said:

Stitt channeling his inner Bill Belichick?

UMcheer2000 said:
doc3kgt said:
grizfan406 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Stitt channeling his inner Bill Belichick?

Not bad comparison. Only difference is Bill has won multiple championships. Stitt, not so much.

havgrizfan said:
Yeah cause every good head coach wins the chipper in their first try. Those so many Hall of Fame examples of that.

How many "trys" should we give him? Never been into mulligans myself.

Back