• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Position Discussion: Linebacker

Ron Ash said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
I picture LongTimeScatFan spending a good majority of his time holed up in a tin foil-wrapped bunker, naked, save for the ammo belt thrown over his sweaty and doughy torso, and the 9mm Glock holstered and strapped onto his hip (tied down, 'cause he fancies himself something of a "quick-draw" artist). Most of his time in the bunker is spent pacing madly back and forth, eyes to the floor, and clearly agitated. Our hero freezes in place every minute or so, hand cupped over cocked ear, straining to identify the noises that he hears finding their way down through the bunker vent pipe.
Convinced that the coast is clear (for now), our man allows himself to relax ever so slightly. In the corner, next to a reloading bench on one side, and shelves upon shelves of Spam, cream of mushroom soup (Great Value brand), and several large tins of Tang on the other, stands a papier mache likeness of Milton Friedman. The sculpture(?) is astonishing in its detail; the balding dome, thick, heavy-rimmed glasses, a slight smirk to the set of its mouth. The only feature with which our friend appears to have taken some license is the bulge in Milton's pants. LTSF's rabid eyes soften as he gazes at his masterpiece, and rest ever-so-briefly on that magnificent package...

Wrong, but then again I know the guy

I picture you as a person that cannot make it through life because there are challenges and things dont always go your way. You cant do so you get a job as a teacher or in the state or local government because anyone with a pulse can work there and not have to do a good job. You then seek out ways to hide behind the scenes but get people back because you are not a productive member of society, you are ignorant, you know nothing about running a business, guns, welfare, religion. Yet you will constantly spout off one line talking points force fed to you by CNN and other agenda motivated websites (Daily Koz, etc) Sorry this post is going on so long hope you dont miss Oprah or Chris Matthews

People like you dont know what its like to be a man, have a real opinion or be a leader so you take it out on the rest of the world hiding behind illegitimate laws, taxes and prayed for changes to the constitution. You are leech on society, we pay for you, carry you and wipe your ass because you are too fu*king stupid to live without help. In the animal world you wouldnt make it past 14 months but for some reason we humans cannot bare to watch you get devoured by the food chain.

Now take this tin foil hat, and your left wing anti american agenda and fist fu*k your ass.

:lol: I've forgotten more about what it means to be a man then you'll ever know. Run along now...and take that framed and autographed pic of George W in a flight suit with you to the bunker. You can gaze upon it, and imagine that it's GW-not LTSF-that's tongue-punching your starfish.

this really escalated

Fuck off Ron, have another G&T

LongTimeCatFan said:
I'm headed to the bunker for a week. I've got 4 racks of ribs, 8 fillets, 4 TBones, 8 sirloins, 20 hamburgers, 2 packs of johnsonville cheddar brats, and a tri-tip. Don't blow up the place while I'm gone.

The ol' T-Buff app sampler! Great idea!

CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
I'm headed to the bunker for a week. I've got 4 racks of ribs, 8 fillets, 4 TBones, 8 sirloins, 20 hamburgers, 2 packs of johnsonville cheddar brats, and a tri-tip. Don't blow up the place while I'm gone.

Tailgate season is just around the corner. I need to get some practice;)

I heard a Griz linebacker left the team to play for the Cats...don't see anything here though so maybe it's not true. Anyone know?

aCatsFan said:
I heard a Griz linebacker left the team to play for the Cats...don't see anything here though so maybe it's not true. Anyone know?

I hope it's true so we can see Ron try to explain his hypocrisy, AGAIN!

aCatsFan said:

Unless it was incoming recruit you can't transfer across teams in the FCS without sitting out time. So I doubt it. What we should be more worried about is how to replace some of our expected starters for at least the first game with the most recent happenings.

nzone said:
Which leads to the under lying question.......do we have the defensive line to compete in the trenches? Personally I think it will be a struggle. Especially late in games and if Harris doesn't contribute in a huge way.
Should have brought in another defensive tackle.

Good writes ups all around :thumb:
Go Griz!!

I was excited when we got Bo Harris, he was big, fast and strong and a Nike camp MVP. He is going to be a junior and i hope he can contribute mightily to the D line this year. Bo, we Need Montana tough from you this year!

Richard Cranium said:
nzone said:
Which leads to the under lying question.......do we have the defensive line to compete in the trenches? Personally I think it will be a struggle. Especially late in games and if Harris doesn't contribute in a huge way.
Should have brought in another defensive tackle.

Good writes ups all around :thumb:
Go Griz!!

I was excited when we got Bo Harris, he was big, fast and strong and a Nike camp MVP. He is going to be a junior and i hope he can contribute mightily to the D line this year. Bo, we Need Montana tough from you this year!
I was too. He showed flashes as a soph last year and I expect big things from him this year.

aCatsFan said:
I think he red shirted last year...but not positive.

He never played for the Griz, but the way rumors go, they might be talking about Colin Hammock from Missoula Sentinel who is going to walk on.

I wanna say he was from Lewistown but who knows. Usually how rumors go... Just thought I would check, figured it was probably old news if I was hearing about it.

CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:

Ha!! nice!!

http://missoulian.com/news/local/cr...cle_d660ac1c-0070-56b4-b8d5-0156564da288.html

Two Montana Grizzly football players had minor scrapes with the law late this week, just days before the opening of fall football practices.

Linebackers Herbert E. Gamboa, 21, and Jeremiah P. Kose, 22, were each booked into Missoula County jail on misdemeanor charges. Gamboa was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct early Friday morning while Kose was booked Wednesday evening for failing to appear in court on an original misdemeanor charge.

Gamboa, a starting outside linebacker and senior on the Grizzly football team, was picked up by officer Eric Weber in the early hours of Friday morning. Gamboa was booked at 1:34 a.m. and released a little more than an hour later on a bond of $185.

He appeared in Missoula City Municipal Court on Friday morning.

Kose was booked on Wednesday at 6:41 p.m. by officer Timothy Harrington. The Grizzlies' senior starting middle linebacker posted his own bond of $310 and was released less than an hour later.

Kose appeared in municipal court Thursday morning.

No other information was available on the arrests Saturday night or concerning Kose's original charges. Check Missoulian.com for updates when available.

The Grizzlies' preseason football practice begins Tuesday.

aCatsFan said:

You're saying they're looking to significantly upgrade. This is concerning given that camp hasn't started @ stateville.

The judges have given the bout to Cotton-Eyed Hoe in a TKO. I don't actually know if that's true. I've just always wanted to use Cotton-Eyed Hoe and TKO in the same sentence.

AllWeatherFan said:
The judges have given the bout to Cotton-Eyed Hoe in a TKO. I don't actually know if that's true. I've just always wanted to use Cotton-Eyed Hoe and TKO in the same sentence.

It's true if we want it to be, AllWeather...and it means that I'm the World Champion of the World!!

:agree:

Latest posts

Back