• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Position Discussion: Linebacker

Hammer said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
biga75 said:
Good god :roll:
Why does everything have to turn political? We have a separate forum for that type of crap where the current discussion is about something Barry said to a bunch of people in a far away place.
Right now, I just want to read pissing contests about football, Dockers, preseason championships, cereal, copyrights, all-you-can eat buffets, what may or may not have happened in 1984, and moving up.
Is that too much to ask on the football side of things with less than a month to go before the thundering herd of T-buffs fans invade Missoula?

Our world around us is turning to shit through the works of one man and his minions and all you care about are pissing matches?

Come on Americans, we're better than that. (Especially you bigs)

Longtimedouchebag, for the record, Im far from being liberal. I vote democrat but its not on liberal issues its on labor issues. You call me a minion of Obama. If that makes you feel good then go for it. Im also a veteran of the US Army. Are you a vet? Just curious. No smack intended but its funny how many of the right wing gun faction never served a day in the military. if you are that gung ho, maybe the military would have been the place for you.

Or maybe you couldn't get in? :shock: I see a lot of that.

:coffee:

We've been over this before Hammertoe. Are you trying to say that only cops and military should have guns? Like a lib would? You know your boy Obama wants to make it harder for retired combat vets to keep/get their guns. He thinks you're all damaged goods and therefore have mental deficiencies, making them incapable of possessing a firearm.

You claim to not be a lib, but you say you only vote with them on labor issues. What you are really saying is you're voting lock/step with the labor unions and can't think for yourself. I know there's a lot of sheeple in out nation, but never expected you to be one. :shrug:

Do yourself a favor and read/listen to what Milton Friedman has to say about labor unions. That is of course if you like freedom.

But if you like being a slave to the libs, carry on libtards.

on a sane note...Brint, good post and thanks for taking the time to talk football!

Yukon said:
on a sane note...Brint, good post and thanks for taking the time to talk football!

:clap: . Outside of our new offense, this is the position group that should have us most excited.

LongTimeCatFan said:
Bunch of panty waste gun hating, Obama sucking, libtards over there.

You just described 3/4 of the entire Missoula population in one sentence. Nicely done.

There's a whole section of this forum devoted to politics. Please go there and start a batshit crazy right wing wacko thread. Thanks.

LongTimeCatFan said:
Catsrback76 said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
biga75 said:
WTF do guns and Obummer have to do with this thread? Come on Ltcf, you're better than that :roll:

No, I'm really not

He's not! :)

Hey look, it's one of those panty waste libtards I was talking about! This one lives in a foreign country and thinks America has got it wrong.

Go figure SMH

Partly true, I love the USofA but did not drink the Koolaid when it was passed around...and on the gun issue you are way off the mark, which does not mean I am liberal or conservative as I don't think that truth carries a political label! Anyway, you seem to be kind of bent today!

carry on! :coffee:

The linebackers will no doubt be the strength of the defense, and one of the best linebacking corps in FCS. Thanks to the good folks talking football on this thread. And to those idiots hijacking this thread with their insane, hateful political BS - grow up and get a clue. There's a forum for that, and it's not this one.

I have a difficult time picking the "best" one of the three.

I have absolutely loved Gamboa from the minute they signed him. He's like a cross between Colt Anderson and J-Tripp. Van Ackern flys to the ball, and Kose hits like a freight train. Love all THREE of them, and am really hoping some of the young bucks show up to play this year so we don't fret about NEXT year like we did when Tripp, Coyle and Kanongata'a all left at once.

Linebacker position as mentioned above will have early concerns with the second and third group in line. I see a good group coming up but I have no clue as to who will jump up and stand out. Concerned about next year but the second group needs to get in on plenty of action this year.

"Linebacker U" is going strong. We have competition coming up as the "Receiver U". In any event with Ty coaching the defense we will always have excellent LBs.

Thanks for the Linebacker post Wahlberg.

The starting 3 have excellent closing speed and played well last year. I'm really interested to see how they do without Wags, Rehm, and Takai checking the front. I really like Kidder and Peevey but I'm not sure they will be as effective at that. We will definitely have a lighter front 4 this year. The ability of the DL really makes a difference for the LB, especially when the LB are more speed guys than they are power guys. Gamboa and KVA are both converted safeties and do best when they have the space to fly to the ball. If our DL gets blown off the line it won't matter how good they are.

I would like to see Strahm, Thomas, and Schey get in the rotation. I think all 3 of those guys have the ability to contribute now and could offer some talents that the front 3 might not have.

Which leads to the under lying question.......do we have the defensive line to compete in the trenches? Personally I think it will be a struggle. Especially late in games and if Harris doesn't contribute in a huge way.
Should have brought in another defensive tackle.

Good writes ups all around :thumb:
Go Griz!!

True. In my opinion we have always lacked good depth at Defensive Line for at least 20 plus years. The big three in the middle should have 6 guys that can rotate in. If that were the case I could even play LB. In the meantime we have what we have and we may need to put in five LBs at one time to releive the DL guys....

Umista said:
True. In my opinion we have always lacked good depth at Defensive Line for at least 20 plus years. The big three in the middle should have 6 guys that can rotate in. If that were the case I could even play LB. In the meantime we have what we have and we may need to put in five LBs at one time to releive the DL guys....

Which is probably how Schye will play....stand-up DL/DE? 4th LB? Rover?

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Schye won't play much, he's too talented and is a playmaker.

So you've already decided this coaching staff is a collective group of idiots before the team has played even one down of meaningful football under their leadership?

AZGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Schye won't play much, he's too talented and is a playmaker.

So you've already decided this coaching staff is a collective group of idiots before the team has played even one down of meaningful football under their leadership?

I knew our DC was an idiot 7 years ago. If the newer guys follow this lead then they can be Tys merry band of morons, they can go out get drunk and end up with other peoples property in their possession and then lie to everyone about it. "No officer those are not my drugs" :roll:

No person in history has ever made a mistake and then redeemed himself later.

Go ahead, check the history books. You won't find one single example.

iltfc
"But if you like being a slave to the libs, carry on libtards"

This is pretty funny, a cut and paste troll comment from the ultra-conservative guy on every MSN news comment thread, regardless of the topic. Keep it up, you're wowing us with your depth and observation skills :lol: .

Latest posts

Back