• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Position Discussion: Linebacker

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
AllWeatherFan said:
The judges have given the bout to Cotton-Eyed Hoe in a TKO. I don't actually know if that's true. I've just always wanted to use Cotton-Eyed Hoe and TKO in the same sentence.

It's true if we want it to be, AllWeather...and it means that I'm the World Champion of the World!!

:agree:

Hmmm

Typical libtards, always living in fantasy

:coffee:

LongTimeCatFan said:
Hmmm

Typical libtards, always living in fantasy

:coffee:

Sounds like sour grapes to me, LTSF! While you and Alpha were busy finger-blasting each other, I was not-so-quietly claiming the belt as World Champion of the World! Now go back to the bunker and lick that last little bit of BBQ sauce off of your papier mache Milton Friedman's knob (PMMFK)! :clap:

The middle of our season looks like a cakewalk going against the bottom dwellers of the BSC. Hopefully that will give the younger LBs a chance to get some more serious minutes. Our top guys look great but the dropoff is significant.

aCatsFan said:
I wanna say he was from Lewistown but who knows. Usually how rumors go... Just thought I would check, figured it was probably old news if I was hearing about it.

Dylan Stenseth (from Lewistown) is your guy. He redshirted at UM last year, buried on the depth chart, and we brought in 4 highly recruited linebackers this year. Playing time was not looking good...

Good luck to Dylan though, because he is from Montana.

I disagree with whoever said the dropoff on the LB depth chart is signifcant. At least from a talent standpoint. From that standpoint, the Griz are FULLY LOADED with potential. Hard to say there's a huge dropoff when basically the four seniors are the only ones who have actually played real meaningful snaps in FCS football games. Let's at least wait to say the next level sucks until they actually suck in FCS football games. If guys like Strahm, Alex Thomas, Josh Buss, and then Dante Olson, Cy Sirmon and David Fa'atuise actually suck in real FCS games, and it's on film for everyone to see, then I'll come back here and admit there was a significant drop-off in LB depth in 2015.

havgrizfan said:
I disagree with whoever said the dropoff on the LB depth chart is signifcant. At least from a talent standpoint. From that standpoint, the Griz are FULLY LOADED with potential. Hard to say there's a huge dropoff when basically the four seniors are the only ones who have actually played real meaningful snaps in FCS football games. Let's at least wait to say the next level sucks until they actually suck in FCS football games. If guys like Strahm, Alex Thomas, Josh Buss, and then Dante Olson, Cy Sirmon and David Fa'atuise actually suck in real FCS games, and it's on film for everyone to see, then I'll come back here and admit there was a significant drop-off in LB depth in 2015.

Our LB corps is LOADED with top-notch talent! I feel really good about this position, from top to bottom,

How good? This good:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jBEEtoPzS8[/youtube]

havgrizfan said:
The dropoff is significant on the basis that most haven't seen much playing time, this doesn't apply to Lebsock as he's a senior and has seen the field a lot. I do believe that the 3 freshmen we have coming in look awesome, but I'm sure they will be redshirted. Until they get quality time on the field we can't build them up to being future all Americans...then we'd just look like Cat fans.

brewskis said:
havgrizfan said:
The dropoff is significant on the basis that most haven't seen much playing time, this doesn't apply to Lebsock as he's a senior and has seen the field a lot. I do believe that the 3 freshmen we have coming in look awesome, but I'm sure they will be redshirted. Until they get quality time on the field we can't build them up to being future all Americans...then we'd just look like Cat fans.

Except we have a 30 year history/track record of being able to do that and being correct the vast majority of the time. The 'scats? Not so much...

AZGrizFan said:
brewskis said:
havgrizfan said:

Except we have a 30 year history/track record of being able to do that and being correct the vast majority of the time. The 'scats? Not so much...

They had that good kicker once. Jean Steinrude or something.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
brewskis said:
havgrizfan said:

They had that good kicker once. Jean Steinrude or something.

Better ski jumper actually. And I think his first name was Jan, as in Brady. JK was a very pleasant surprise when he saw the field regularly. We gotta guy or two that aren't household names now that will surprise this year.

Umista said:
Linebacker position as mentioned above will have early concerns with the second and third group in line. I see a good group coming up but I have no clue as to who will jump up and stand out. Concerned about next year but the second group needs to get in on plenty of action this year.

"Linebacker U" is going strong. We have competition coming up as the "Receiver U". In any event with Ty coaching the defense we will always have excellent LBs.

Thanks for the Linebacker post Wahlberg.

Umista - You are right my friend.

On the Fox News at 9pm, Thur, 8/6/15: "...As far as the wide-outs go, there is a ton of them. Coach Stitt says he likes to use a large rotation of receivers. And that position group may be the strongest on the team this year."

AZGrizFan said:
Richard Cranium said:
nzone said:
Which leads to the under lying question.......do we have the defensive line to compete in the trenches? Personally I think it will be a struggle. Especially late in games and if Harris doesn't contribute in a huge way.
Should have brought in another defensive tackle.

Good writes ups all around :thumb:
Go Griz!!

I was excited when we got Bo Harris, he was big, fast and strong and a Nike camp MVP. He is going to be a junior and i hope he can contribute mightily to the D line this year. Bo, we Need Montana tough from you this year!
I was too. He showed flashes as a soph last year and I expect big things from him this year.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoJ53rcKzSI[/youtube]

Bo Harris: (four career tackles)

2014: He had two tackles, one against Northern Colorado and one vs. San Diego.
2013: He had a pair of tackles against Oklahoma Panhandle State.
2012: He redshirted at UM.

We need him to have two big years. :clap:

IntuitiveGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Richard Cranium said:
nzone said:
Which leads to the under lying question.......do we have the defensive line to compete in the trenches? Personally I think it will be a struggle. Especially late in games and if Harris doesn't contribute in a huge way.
Should have brought in another defensive tackle.

Good writes ups all around :thumb:
Go Griz!!

I was excited when we got Bo Harris, he was big, fast and strong and a Nike camp MVP. He is going to be a junior and i hope he can contribute mightily to the D line this year. Bo, we Need Montana tough from you this year!
I was too. He showed flashes as a soph last year and I expect big things from him this year.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoJ53rcKzSI[/youtube]

Bo Harris: (four career tackles)

2014: He had two tackles, one against Northern Colorado and one vs. San Diego.
2013: He had a pair of tackles against Oklahoma Panhandle State.
2012: He redshirted at UM.

We need him to have two big years. :clap:

It's possible to "show flashes" without making the stat sheet.

Latest posts

Back