• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post game: A team loss

grizturd said:
G-BEARS said:
Nau had the best WR on the field, the best RB on the field, and the best O-line on the field. Also the best QB on the sidelines...

A lot of push offs by Butler to get seperation. It is what it is.

I like our WR corp, but we don't have anyone as good as Butler. Hands down the second best WR in the conference. Maybe the FCS, but I don't watch enough out of conference play to make that claim.

NAU looked very strong. I would not have been shocked at a loss but the way we lost has me dumb-funded. I really thought we were stronger in two facets of the game (offense & defense) but now I am not so certain. Special teams....UGH. I won't lay it all on BG by any stretch but I really wish Coach would put Chalich in for a series or two just to let BG calm down or get his head together. Especially if you are going to run the ball. You know BG is not going to run for much whenever he does try and there is always the chance of injury. Chalich throws a nice ball, give him a chance in a game like this.

Offensive line....hmmm. Secondary....we get torched in one of the first two series in a lot of games.

Lots of work to do. EWU just became a must win.

I really lowered my expectations for a long run this year but the Griz can still have a very good season.

This will be our first trip to Cheney to watch the game. I am really looking forward to it but I hope the Griz come out a little stronger from the opening kickoff.

Biggest issue was no JLM. When faced with a better team, not having his passion and electricity was a killer. No reliable targets for Brady, this causes Brady to be nervous. We all know that nervous Brady throws 2 miles ahead of anyone. One of the bigfest weakness in the offense; if you can rattle Brady, he comes apart at the seams. SDSU did it, NDSU did it, and now NAU did it.

Defense played like TG was still the DC, over pursuit, out of position, and burned deep. Safety play and tackling was downright bad. Markell Sanders got burned A LOT. The secondary as a whole was picked apart by the 2nd string QB. Did anyone notice that there was next to no QB pressure? That's a big issue, especially with a backup QB in there. He needed to be hit hard and often, but was instead allowed to just sip tea in the backfield and throw deep balls to wide open receivers.

PDXGrizzly said:
Biggest issue was no JLM. When faced with a better team, not having his passion and electricity was a killer. No reliable targets for Brady, this causes Brady to be nervous. We all know that nervous Brady throws 2 miles ahead of anyone. One of the bigfest weakness in the offense; if you can rattle Brady, he comes apart at the seams. SDSU did it, NDSU did it, and now NAU did it.

Defense played like TG was still the DC, over pursuit, out of position, and burned deep. Safety play and tackling was downright bad. Markell Sanders got burned A LOT. The secondary as a whole was picked apart by the 2nd string QB. Did anyone notice that there was next to no QB pressure? That's a big issue, especially with a backup QB in there. He needed to be hit hard and often, but was instead allowed to just sip tea in the backfield and throw deep balls to wide open receivers.

I would think that EWU is indeed licking their chops at the possibilities against this secondary next week.

PDXGrizzly said:

Do overthrows to JLM work differently than overthrows to other receivers...?

We have one of these games a year. Still time to get our shit ready for a playoff push. Even with a loss to EWU we are still likely to play in the playoffs

What I didn't see in this game........

I did not see any fire. Looked like everyone was going through the motions.
No swarming to the ball. Looked like everyone on both sides were standing and looking around.

Griz2k said:
I blame it on the altitude. At sea level we crush these guys!
So, you're saying that a team who practices at a higher altitude, every day for the most part, would have a difficult time playing at a lower altitude? Okay you fail. :lol:

grizman71 said:
Griz2k said:
So, you're saying that a team who practices at a higher altitude, every day for the most part, would have a difficult time playing at a lower altitude? Okay you fail. :lol:
It is because the QB is used to playing at a higher altitude, at sea level all of his passes would be way underthrown. Yeah that's it.

EWU is one of those games you can't wait for ... and not in a good way. A lot of negatory energy waiting to prove yourself in a game like that ... and being afraid you can't do it.

Fahque said:
grizman71 said:
Griz2k said:
It is because the QB is used to playing at a higher altitude, at sea level all of his passes would be way underthrown. Yeah that's it.
But wouldn't said QB's receivers run slower because the air is heavier at lower altitudes and they couldn't run through the thicker air as easy as in the thinner air in a higher altitude?

RobGriz said:
PDXGrizzly said:

Do overthrows to JLM work differently than overthrows to other receivers...?

I think you missed my gist. I was saying that JLM's absence was a contributing factor to Brady's nervousness. Not having a reliable outlet was a big issue today. How many dropped balls and blown routes did we see today? This could make the QB question his ball placement, timing, etc. Calm Brady is a pretty good passer. Nervous Brady is not.

Slow start killed the Griz ... in case you didn't notice. NAU was hot (especially the QB), the Griz were flat. After that, the Griz played them even.

Data: Score was 14-3 at the end of Q1 ... Griz down by 11. Final score, 45-34 ... Griz lose by 11.

Painful loss, but not the end of the f-in' world. It's amazing to me how so many so-called fans bail on the team at the slightest excuse. Gee ... Stitt and his staff are just horrible. So in their second year together (not all together, of course), they can't go undefeated, so they must be totally incompetent, and crap.

Get a grip!

PDXGrizzly said:
I think you missed my gist. I was saying that JLM's absence was a contributing factor to Brady's nervousness. Not having a reliable outlet was a big issue today. How many dropped balls and blown routes did we see today? This could make the QB question his ball placement, timing, etc. Calm Brady is a pretty good passer. Nervous Brady is not.

I call that a bunch of bullshit. You are just making excuses for his shitty game.

grizman71 said:
Griz2k said:

It was worth a shot. Just trying to come up with some reason why an offensive genius and an upgraded DC just got schooled by a head coach that gets annual contract extensions if he goes 6-5.

IdaGriz01 said:
Slow start killed the Griz ... in case you didn't notice. NAU was hot (especially the QB), the Griz were flat. After that, the Griz played them even.

Data: Score was 14-3 at the end of Q1 ... Griz down by 11. Final score, 45-34 ... Griz lose by 11.

Painful loss, but not the end of the f-in' world. It's amazing to me how so many so-called fans bail on the team at the slightest excuse. Gee ... Stitt and his staff are just horrible. So in their second year together (not all together, of course), they can't go undefeated, so they must be totally incompetent, and crap.

Get a grip!
They only lose by 11 because they got a junk score at the end when the game was out of reach. The Griz should be concerned.

Back