• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre Season Polls - Big Sky

I’m thinking 6+ wins. The fact that no bsc teams will know how to scheme against a Hauck team yet as opposed to what they faced with Stitt will help add another win or two. The schedule favors us to so may be another win or two. 8 wins is possible but I think some luck will have to play into it. I’m just really jacked that BH is back and good things seem to keep falling into place. Even if they have a losing season no big deal he will just still reload with his recruits until he has the team he wants.

Dutch Lane said:
I’m thinking 6+ wins. The fact that no bsc teams will know how to scheme against a Hauck team yet as opposed to what they faced with Stitt will help add another win or two. The schedule favors us to so may be another win or two. 8 wins is possible but I think some luck will have to play into it. I’m just really jacked that BH is back and good things seem to keep falling into place. Even if they have a losing season no big deal he will just still reload with his recruits until he has the team he wants.

How long does that take, in your mind? The “reloading”?

Grizzly96 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly96 said:
PlayerRep said:
Any road win in the conference is a good win, in my view. Almost all conference raid games are dangerous. So, looks like we don't agree there.

Corner is an issue, but having watched the corners in some practices, and seeing and hearing how the new coach communicated with them, I feel better about the situation. The corners are generally tall and athletic. I feel good to very good about the qb situation. We don't agree on the qb situation.

The receivers are very good and a strength of the team. They were good last year. Curran is pre-season first team all conference. JLM is very good, with even better potential. Both sophomores are very good. And there is more depth. The coaches have said the receivers are very good. You and I completely disagree there.

To me, there's a big difference between 6 and 7 wins.

I agree with this and would like to add that I think the TE position will be very strong as well. We all know Bingham is a strength there, but I’ve been hearing from players that Hill has been really doing well. Last I heard he is up to around 240 and has improved tremendously with blocking. I could see a lot of 2TE sets and with their athleticism they will create mismatches all over the field. That will also help with some much needed and greatly missed ball control, which in turn helps the defense stay fresh. I see 7-8 wins just on improved coaching alone, more if they get on a roll.

This is exactly how I see it. With better coaching, better ST, better utilization of some of the players strengths, simplified offense I can see 7-8 wins. My biggest fear is defensive scheme.....if we have to get gimmicky to overcome some of the holes (Buss, CB) I can see us having to "outscore" teams to win and I'm not certain they're up for that in year one.

I have the same fear to an certain degree, but again it comes down to coaching for me. I believe just having a coach that places an importance on defense helps it improve. Same with special teams, which were almost non existent the last few years outside the occasional JLM being JLM.

I think we see a harder nosed, more physical defense this year. I also see the best athletes on the field in all positions and even on special teams. Defense should be able to last the whole game instead of tiring out come third qtr because the offense will help that out. I also see actual adjustments made in game to what the other team is doing, won’t that be refreshing!!

I have my reservations about a lot of the same issues, but hearing the players talk it’s a different attitude going into this year. They are excited and ready to prove a lot of people, including us fans, wrong. That’s really not been the case the last few years.

Adjustments? You were’t around here in ‘07, ‘08, ‘09 were you? BH got fucking FLAMESPRAYED on this board for his demonstrated LACK of adjustments in-game (or even at halftime)...many, many posters and fans believe that’s why we lost to Villanova. They made adjustments-we didn’t. Let’s hope he’s learned something WRT adjustments....

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:

Well, let’s see I think he had a good recruiting class but some of the cat recruits committed before he was hired, so he never really got a shot at some of them. That being said I think by his third or fourth recruiting class he will have the team he wants. You do seem to have a residual butthurtness about you that comes out in your posts when a haucksucker like me posts something enthusic about BH. You still don’t like the way he got the job right, immoral or unethical I recall in your earlier posts. Some unsolicited advice, he and Jensen have left the building. Shut your eyes, now take a few really deep breaths hold it, hold it, and then slowly breath out and just let him go too. Lock and reload griz. :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:

How long do you think UM should have given Stitt to reload? He had 3 years, and the team seemed to be going down hill? How long should he have gotten to reload?

AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly96 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly96 said:
I agree with this and would like to add that I think the TE position will be very strong as well. We all know Bingham is a strength there, but I’ve been hearing from players that Hill has been really doing well. Last I heard he is up to around 240 and has improved tremendously with blocking. I could see a lot of 2TE sets and with their athleticism they will create mismatches all over the field. That will also help with some much needed and greatly missed ball control, which in turn helps the defense stay fresh. I see 7-8 wins just on improved coaching alone, more if they get on a roll.

This is exactly how I see it. With better coaching, better ST, better utilization of some of the players strengths, simplified offense I can see 7-8 wins. My biggest fear is defensive scheme.....if we have to get gimmicky to overcome some of the holes (Buss, CB) I can see us having to "outscore" teams to win and I'm not certain they're up for that in year one.

I have the same fear to an certain degree, but again it comes down to coaching for me. I believe just having a coach that places an importance on defense helps it improve. Same with special teams, which were almost non existent the last few years outside the occasional JLM being JLM.

I think we see a harder nosed, more physical defense this year. I also see the best athletes on the field in all positions and even on special teams. Defense should be able to last the whole game instead of tiring out come third qtr because the offense will help that out. I also see actual adjustments made in game to what the other team is doing, won’t that be refreshing!!

I have my reservations about a lot of the same issues, but hearing the players talk it’s a different attitude going into this year. They are excited and ready to prove a lot of people, including us fans, wrong. That’s really not been the case the last few years.

Adjustments? You were’t around here in ‘07, ‘08, ‘09 were you? BH got f***[*] FLAMESPRAYED on this board for his demonstrated LACK of adjustments in-game (or even at halftime)...many, many posters and fans believe that’s why we lost to Villanova. They made adjustments-we didn’t. Let’s hope he’s learned something WRT adjustments....

Do you really think that egriz posters know when or how adjustments should be made?

That's pretty funny. That explains some things.

AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly96 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly96 said:

Adjustments? You were’t around here in ‘07, ‘08, ‘09 were you? BH got f***[*] FLAMESPRAYED on this board for his demonstrated LACK of adjustments in-game (or even at halftime)...many, many posters and fans believe that’s why we lost to Villanova. They made adjustments-we didn’t. Let’s hope he’s learned something WRT adjustments....

Considering the run and record he had when he coached the Griz last time, I’d say he made quite a few adjustments. IMO there is a big difference between not making the right adjustments in a particular game and getting beat, to just not making adjustments at all continually. Nick Saban got “FLAMESPRAYED” a few years ago when he lost to OSU in the playoffs for not making “adjustments” too. He gets questioned EVERYTIME Alabama just loses a game for not making “adjustments”.

I get that from ‘07 - ‘09 the Griz lost in the Championship twice and the first round once. The Griz also won 39 and lost a grand total of 4 those three years, they just didn’t win the big one. Stitt lost more games LAST year then Huack did in those three. He may not make all the right adjustments, everytime, no coach does, but hopefully he can get the Griz back in contention to be relevant again. Which is where we have not been the last few years.....

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:

Well, let’s see I think he had a good recruiting class but some of the cat recruits committed before he was hired, so he never really got a shot at some of them. That being said I think by his third or fourth recruiting class he will have the team he wants. You do seem to have a residual butthurtness about you that comes out in your posts when a haucksucker like me posts something enthusic about BH. You still don’t like the way he got the job right, immoral or unethical I recall in your earlier posts. Some unsolicited advice, he and Jensen have left the building. Shut your eyes, now take a few really deep breaths hold it, hold it, and then slowly breath out and just let him go too. Lock and reload griz. :thumb:

Wow. Triggered. :lol: :lol: :lol: I asked a very simple question. No need to go off, bro.

edit: And you owe me $1 for the copyrighted use of the word. :cool: :cool:

Grizzly96 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly96 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Considering the run and record he had when he coached the Griz last time, I’d say he made quite a few adjustments. IMO there is a big difference between not making the right adjustments in a particular game and getting beat, to just not making adjustments at all continually. Nick Saban got “FLAMESPRAYED” a few years ago when he lost to OSU in the playoffs for not making “adjustments” too. He gets questioned EVERYTIME Alabama just loses a game for not making “adjustments”.

I get that from ‘07 - ‘09 the Griz lost in the Championship twice and the first round once. The Griz also won 39 and lost a grand total of 4 those three years, they just didn’t win the big one. Stitt lost more games LAST year then Huack did in those three. He may not make all the right adjustments, everytime, no coach does, but hopefully he can get the Griz back in contention to be relevant again. Which is where we have not been the last few years.....

My post had nothing to do with Stitt. Simply mentioning the atmosphere around here when BH failed to make adjustments during his last go-round. Why do people keep bringing up Stitt? He stuck in you fellas' craw? :lol:

Grizzly96 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly96 said:
AZGrizFan said:

32-1 vs. the BSC in those three years. The one loss (WSU) was smartly avenged in the playoffs.

AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly96 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly96 said:

My post had nothing to do with Stitt. Simply mentioning the atmosphere around here when BH failed to make adjustments during his last go-round. Why do people keep bringing up Stitt? He stuck in you fellas' craw? :lol:

No, not at all. Stitt's gone, just like many coaches before him. I understood what you were mentioning concerning the atmosphere last time Huack was here. I was attempting to show that he failed to make adjustments in a handful games(they were in much bigger games then we have played recently so it makes it seem worse) versus consistently failing to make adjustments. I see a big difference between the two.

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:

Wow. Triggered. :lol: :lol: :lol: I asked a very simple question. No need to go off, bro.

Didn’t go off, just gave my opinion in 3-4 recruiting cycles. But really, just breathe and release, breathe and release, one more time breathe deep,hold and release. Keep doing that everyday and your compulsive urge to continue with the sublime anti Hauck comments should start to go away. Now about the butthurtness, that may very will be a life time problem. You might want to get that checked out though. :thumb:

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:

Didn’t go off, just gave my opinion in 3-4 recruiting cycles. But really, just breathe and release, breathe and release, one more time breathe deep,hold and release. Keep doing that everyday and your compulsive urge to continue with the sublime anti Hauck comments should start to go away. Now about the butthurtness, that may very will be a life time problem. You might want to get that checked out though. :thumb:

I have no idea what you're referring to. And by the way, I have an iWatch that tells me when to breathe already. So, that position is filled, but thanks for your interest. :mrgreen:

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:

I have no idea what you're referring to.
Most of us here, do.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:

I have no idea what you're referring to.
Most of us here, do.

Really? You got all that out of a simple question? :lol:

Back