• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Recruiting

mtgrizfankb said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Wait, so that whole "2 players leaving" thing was just a rumor? On eGriz? Impossihes!
It was not a rumor. It pretty much happened then was saved by the player and Wayne. It was 95% done.. But hes back and should play.

So he just had to pack his underwear drawer and he was gone? Close shave!

PeauxRouge said:
mtgrizfankb said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Wait, so that whole "2 players leaving" thing was just a rumor? On eGriz? Impossihes!
It was not a rumor. It pretty much happened then was saved by the player and Wayne. It was 95% done.. But hes back and should play.

So he just had to pack his underwear drawer and he was gone? Close shave!

One player actually left Missoula to head home. He was gone. Whatever it was has been worked through. Maybe it took more thinking and clearing his head to figure things out away from the team, school, friends, and college life. Either way, we are now down to one unexpected departure. I can tell you, the departure I am aware of now is not a huge contributor and a younger player. I have not talked with or heard from anyone even slightly hinting of Weisner's departure. Then again, I am sure it is possible, and would not be surprised. If I hear from anyone I know who can confirm his leaving and give me the green light to post it, I will. Until then, I am assuming he will be a GRIZ next season. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
Some "potentially" good news. We may only be losing 1 of the 2 departures being discussed over the last few weeks. I am not sure what is being done or what caused the possible defection. It does sound like a change of heart and efforts are looking like he might remain a GRIZ.

Here is to hoping we do not sign another guard during the late signing period. That should be a good sign.

Another guard has been added...

grizindabox said:
mtgrizrule said:
Some "potentially" good news. We may only be losing 1 of the 2 departures being discussed over the last few weeks. I am not sure what is being done or what caused the possible defection. It does sound like a change of heart and efforts are looking like he might remain a GRIZ.

Here is to hoping we do not sign another guard during the late signing period. That should be a good sign.

I saw that. I hope this signing is to better secure our guard depth after Gregory and Deshields graduates. I hope no other guards are leaving the program. With this signing our scholarship true guards are Gregory, Deshields, Dunn, Nwoso (sp?), Bradshaw (I believe he will be on scholarship this coming season). Also we have Gfeller, Lopez, and Edmonds who are combo SG/SF players. Mueller is a SG/SF, but I think he is still a walk on this coming season.

That is a lot of talent at the 1 and 2. Maybe the plan is to keep Gfeller, Lopez, and Edmonds as SF/3 only. With Kareem's graduating, and the depth with smaller guards, that really does makes sense. A 5 guard rotation, going with a lot of 3 guard combinations makes sense to me.

I am hoping I am speculating right on this one.

mtgrizrule said:
grizindabox said:
mtgrizrule said:

I saw that. I hope this signing is to better secure our guard depth after Gregory and Deshields graduates. I hope no other guards are leaving the program. With this signing our scholarship true guards are Gregory, Deshields, Dunn, Nwoso (sp?), Bradshaw (I believe he will be on scholarship this coming season). Also we have Gfeller, Lopez, and Edmonds who are combo SG/SF players. Mueller is a SG/SF, but I think he is still a walk on this coming season.

That is a lot of talent at the 1 and 2. Maybe the plan is to keep Gfeller, Lopez, and Edmonds as SF/3 only. With Kareem's graduating, and the depth with smaller guards, that really does makes sense. A 5 guard rotation, going with a lot of 3 guard combinations makes sense to me.

The speculation should be over where this scholarship is coming from. :? Assuming no scholarship for Emerson, this still leaves the Griz one over the limit.....unless a scholarship player is leaving or Bradshaw is without a scholarship. That said, I think Nwosu is an excellent pick up. His JC statistics are quite impressive, especially in the shooting accuracy department. Plus, he will have three years of eligibility. :D

GrizWhiz said:
mtgrizrule said:
grizindabox said:
mtgrizrule said:

The speculation should be over where this scholarship is coming from. :? Assuming no scholarship for Emerson, this still leaves the Griz one over the limit.....unless a scholarship player is leaving or Bradshaw is without a scholarship. That said, I think Nwosu is an excellent pick up. His JC statistics are quite impressive, especially in the shooting accuracy department. Plus, he will have three years of eligibility. :D

I am happy we have Nwosu. Now though, I am really wondering if we will have a guard depart again? I guess all we can do is see how things look come next season or until any announcement is made.

Back