• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Recruiting

The GRIZ likely will be replacing 2 additional players still. I am sure with time we will all find out who they are.

MtTarheel said:
mtgrizrule said:
The GRIZ likely will be replacing 2 additional players still. I am sure with time we will all find out who they are.

The suspense is killing me....

Join the club. I cannot say more. A matter of time before someone will though. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
MtTarquote="mtgrizrule said:
The GRIZ likill be replacing 2 additional players still. I am sure with time we will all find out who they are.

Join the club. I cannot say more. A matter of time before someone will though. :thumb:[/quote]
Diane maybe he never turned out, emerson maybe, morgan maybe he didnt seem too satisfied either. It can't be anyone too important. The most important person ot could be would be mike and he would be stupid to leave. It most likely is some freshman to soph who now realized they won't see the court and want to move on. The real base of the team is all here to stay considering they are all working out together all the time and commenting on. Next years team

mtgrizfankb said:
mtgrizrule said:
The GRIZ likill be replacing 2 additional players still. I am sure with time we will all find out who they are.

Join the club. I cannot say more. A matter of time before someone will though. :thumb:
Diane maybe he never turned out, emerson maybe, morgan maybe he didnt seem too satisfied either. It can't be anyone too important. The most important person ot could be would be mike and he would be stupid to leave. It most likely is some freshman to soph who now realized they won't see the court and want to move on. The real base of the team is all here to stay considering they are all working out together all the time and commenting on. Next years team[/quote]

As someone posted earlier, 1 will be a surprise.

Sometimes you have "addition by subtraction." I predict that the team will actually be a better "team" with the subtraction. All in all, this is interesting but not detrimental to the future of the team. Relax. Unfortunately, this will not likely be better for the player involved but who knows on that -

mtgrizrule said:
mtgrizfankb said:
mtgrizrule said:

Diane maybe he never turned out, emerson maybe, morgan maybe he didnt seem too satisfied either. It can't be anyone too important. The most important person ot could be would be mike and he would be stupid to leave. It most likely is some freshman to soph who now realized they won't see the court and want to move on. The real base of the team is all here to stay considering they are all working out together all the time and commenting on. Next years team

As someone posted earlier, 1 will be a surprise.[/quote]

There is no surprises, Gregory is working in the gym all the time talking about next year for us. Desheilds loves griz nation and ain't leaving, we brought in dunns old teammate, mike is said a maybe but I doubt it, gfeller maybe? I doubt it he saw tons of playing time, overall we know it's a guard so there is no real surprises it could be

EverettGriz said:
Can someone just cough up the info, please?
Coherent "coughing up" is encouraged! :thumb: "Diane maybe he never turned out" :eek: "there is no suprises" :eek: "overall we know it's a guard so there is no real suprises it could be" :eek:

mtgrizfankb said:
mtgrizrule said:
mtgrizfankb said:
mtgrizrule said:

As someone posted earlier, 1 will be a surprise.

There is no surprises, Gregory is working in the gym all the time talking about next year for us. Desheilds loves griz nation and ain't leaving, we brought in dunns old teammate, mike is said a maybe but I doubt it, gfeller maybe? I doubt it he saw tons of playing time, overall we know it's a guard so there is no real surprises it could be[/quote]

Trust me, I hope it all could play out just like you posted.

EG, I am not sure who told what to other posters, but if they heard what they heard the way I did, chances are, they are honoring a request by whomever told them. It is best to keep the news under wraps until their is an official release by the U of M. Besides respecting a request by someone, maybe a few too many posters are tired of being hung if any of the information were to be slightly off.

I can only speak for myself, and others who have contacted me. There are few good EGRIZZERS who have had it with the idiots and jerks here. Unfortunately, those idiots and jerks have taken away from a site that was/is intended to be enjoyable and fun for many fans. The amount of disrespect and inconsideration by a few here have ruined it for many. Sometimes I personally choose to not give information I hear, and at best hint something. Other times, I have been kindly asked not to share details and/or names here. In my case, I originally heard what I did entirely by chance and luck. I did not tell more because I was not so sure of the person who told me. Just after that, someone I do respect and trust kindly asked me to keep any details and names off egriz and to let things sort out.

"IF" it turns out everything is accurate so far, GRIZ fans will be surprised by 1 of the 2 early departures. Rest assured, the departures are not anything extreme, and just one of those things that happen now and then at a program. Regardless of reasons when anyone leaves the program, it is very difficult for Wayne. He truly does care for his players beyond the court. :thumb:

mtgrizfankb said:
All I'm worried about is Gregory, Dunn and Desheilds. We need those three to be competitive without Jamar

Here is to hoping you won't have to worry much longer. :thumb:

Rule. I appreciate your posts for the most part. However I do hope you are able to get over the butt-hurt that you got from one or two anonymous posters here. Hearing about it on so many of these information threads just gets me down, buddy.

PeauxRouge said:
Rule. I appreciate your posts for the most part. However I do hope you are able to get over the butt-hurt that you got from one or two anonymous posters here. Hearing about it on so many of these information threads just gets me down, buddy.

Egrizzers aside, in this case I would not 100% commit to it being officially news worthy. Time will tell if this player will or will not be back. Personally, I am hoping whatever can be done, will be done to keep him here. Without any official information from the GRIZ coming out, the best way to determine this will be if we sign another guard in the near future.

If we don't sign another guard, I am guessing things turned out for the better. If we do sign another quality guard, then news on who it is will soon follow. Last thing I heard was not favorable to the player.

MtTarheel said:
gotgame75 said:
Weisner and Deshields... At least that's the word... Nothing official yet...

I'd be ok with Weisner but Deshields would certainly be a surprise and would really sting.

I hate to lose anybody, but certainly understand Mike Weisner's decision IF that is the case. I must admit I am not surprised by Deshields (again IF that is the case). He was benched at Sac State for some undisclosed reason and it seems to me there was another game that he was benched for also but I don't recall who it was against. There obviously were some failures on his part to represent the University in the manner that Wayne requires that led to his punishment. What they were, I don't know, but I am sure that they will have played a role in his departure from the program, if, in fact he leaves.

I hate speculating about player depature, but if it is Weisner, that is going to be a tough loss. I know Weisner saw his playing time diminish late in the year, but having such a valuable role player leave the program isn't THAT easy to replace. For all the consternation that surrounded certain positions and players, Weisner pretty much was always that guy who did EVERYTHING that the program wanted.

I understand the logic, if true, that he might be seeking more consistent playing time his senior year, but I really hate to see him go.

This team is going to be incredibly young or at least inexperienced.

Jamar, Hutchison, Wesiner (potentially), DeShields (potentially) and replace them with a team that would count two players with more than two years of experience in the program. One is Gregory and the other is Martin that was in the rotation consistently last year.

G: Dunn -So.(1 year)
G: Gregory-Sr (3 years)
F: Edmonds Jr-So (TR)
F: Bruenig-Jr (TR)
C: Martin-JR(2 yrs)
6: Kemp-Sr (1 yr)
6: Emerson-Jr(2yrs)
6: Bradshaw-So (1yr/TR)
6: Lopez-So (1yr)
6: Gfeller-So (1yr)

In the end the departure of one or if not both, hurts because this might be one of the youngest and least experienced teams in the Big Sky next year. There is some talent here but there are teams that have more proven talent. Next year might be sketchy if the departures are true.

Lastly if they are leaving, I truly wish those guys the best.

Grizfan-24 said:
I hate speculating about player depature, but if it is Weisner, that is going to be a tough loss. I know Weisner saw his playing time diminish late in the year, but having such a valuable role player leave the program isn't THAT easy to replace. For all the consternation that surrounded certain positions and players, Weisner pretty much was always that guy who did EVERYTHING that the program wanted.

I understand the logic, if true, that he might be seeking more consistent playing time his senior year, but I really hate to see him go.

This team is going to be incredibly young or at least inexperienced.

Jamar, Hutchison, Wesiner (potentially), DeShields (potentially) and replace them with a team that would count two players with more than two years of experience in the program. One is Gregory and the other is Martin that was in the rotation consistently last year.

G: Dunn -So.(1 year)
G: Gregory-Sr (3 years)
F: Edmonds Jr-So (TR)
F: Bruenig-Jr (TR)
C: Martin-JR(2 yrs)
6: Kemp-Sr (1 yr)
6: Emerson-Jr(2yrs)
6: Bradshaw-So (1yr/TR)
6: Lopez-So (1yr)
6: Gfeller-So (1yr)

In the end the departure of one or if not both, hurts because this might be one of the youngest and least experienced teams in the Big Sky next year. There is some talent here but there are teams that have more proven talent. Next year might be sketchy if the departures are true.

Lastly if they are leaving, I truly wish those guys the best.

i've posted elsewhere...i believe the defections of the three big men over the past three years put a two-year wide hole in our program--this past year, and next. year after next, we'll be back firing on all cylinders. until then, we'll be small and awfully green.

Citay,

I don't disagree. I think honestly the losses are less a indication of anything that Coach Tinkle has done but rather a long list of self inflicted issues of the players themselves. Obviously those losses hurt the program, but Coach Tinkle has been willing to take some risks and they haven't panned out in regards to a host of players.

That turnover is concerning, but in most cases this program isn't lawless, and he is willing to hold players accountable. Unfortunately those defections does hurt the short term but in the longer term this program is indeed like you noted loaded with tons of potential. Call it a short term economic downturn, if you will.

Latest posts

Back