• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Recruiting

If true, and at this point, Weisner and KD leaving is a BIG if, Tinks is going to have to amp up recruiting in a hurry, no doubt with an eye on JC possibilities.

gotgame75 said:
Weisner and Deshields... At least that's the word... Nothing official yet...

You have 1 of the 2 "Possible" defections correct. The other is/was not a major contributor and still pretty young (no that is not hint of a last name).

We will all know more when and if we sign 1 or 2 more recruits and what positions they play.

Grizfan-24 said:
Citay,

I don't disagree. I think honestly the losses are less a indication of anything that Coach Tinkle has done but rather a long list of self inflicted issues of the players themselves. Obviously those losses hurt the program, but Coach Tinkle has been willing to take some risks and they haven't panned out in regards to a host of players.

That turnover is concerning, but in most cases this program isn't lawless, and he is willing to hold players accountable. Unfortunately those defections does hurt the short term but in the longer term this program is indeed like you noted loaded with tons of potential. Call it a short term economic downturn, if you will.

a short term economic downturn, i like that. yet the interest rate on this board seems to have gone up. isn't that a contradiction of your fundamental economic theory?

mtgrizrule said:
gotgame75 said:
Weisner and Deshields... At least that's the word... Nothing official yet...

You have 1 of the 2 "Possible" defections correct. The other is/was not a major contributor and still pretty young (no that is not hint of a last name).

We will all know more when and if we sign 1 or 2 more recruits and what positions they play.

LOL... I know Weisner is pretty much a fact cause he has been causing hell for the coaches with his drunken antics DT. The coaches are wise to it all and have been keeping track of his BS. He's obviously become too much of a liability for the program... As for DeShields, I had heard rumors
too, but they were much less substantiated than anything with Weisner. Weisner stood to be a huge contributor in his senior season if he wasn't such a headcase. Sucks all the way around for Weisner and the program...

Unless KDS is homesick, I don't see him leaving. Body language usually tells me a lot, and that's a guy who appears happy as hell to be a Griz.

A lot of different things floating out there still. Sounds to me those who have heard something have heard about the same names. Barring any unexpected changes, 2 more players are likely to not be here. Personally, I want to see both Weisner and Deshields to remain GRIZ. Losing either would be a difficult loss. They each bring experience and versatility.

If by some small chance both remain GRIZ, I will be happy to have things turn out differently than some of have heard, including myself.

Serious ?, Any updates on we are still looking at for recruits this season?

Stopped by Spring BB workouts yesterday. The guys present were:
Breunig
Muller
Dunn
Gfeller
Bradshaw
Gregory
Kemp

There are lots of reasons (like class) to miss what was obviously an optional workout, but those not present were:
Deshields
Weisner
Martin
Lopez
Emerson
Young

Let the speculation continue!! :cool:

Some "potentially" good news. We may only be losing 1 of the 2 departures being discussed over the last few weeks. I am not sure what is being done or what caused the possible defection. It does sound like a change of heart and efforts are looking like he might remain a GRIZ.

Here is to hoping we do not sign another guard during the late signing period. That should be a good sign.

mtgrizfankb said:
A lot of work is being done to retain players. Wayne is a blessing

Well said. A very good sign for the players involved and the program. Wayne would not be fighting for a player and trying to work things out, if this player were in legal trouble. It must be a family, missing home, minor academic issue, or combination of those things. :thumb:

This is a great sign. This just tweeted on 05/02/14. I am guessing this might put to rest one of the possible players leaving. If so, glad to see him staying at Montana.

http://instagram.com/p/nhLEsAENQ-/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hahaha he's back everyone don't worry. As for Mike I do not believe he's going anywhere, it just doesn't make sense. I doubt mike was in trouble DT sounds like a mad up rumor.

mtgrizfankb said:
Hahaha he's back everyone don't worry. As for Mike I do not believe he's going anywhere, it just doesn't make sense. I doubt mike was in trouble DT sounds like a mad up rumor.

Other than EGRIZ posts, I never heard of anyone mentioning Weisner departing. He is a SR. He has used his redshirt year. It makes no sense for him to leave unless he wants to play lower division ball.

Deshield's possible departure had nothing to do with playing time or his role. That is all I know though. Glad to see/know Keron and Wayne were able to get him through whatever it was. Imagine the intensity he and Gregory will bring in their SR seasons. There will not be a more intense guard combo in the Big Sky this season.

mtgrizfankb said:

A rumor? I'm sure the coaches would disagree with you. Whether or not its graduated to the point to the point that the coaches are completely done with him, I'm not positive. What I do know for a fact is that the coaches are keeping close track of his behavior because it has become a recurring issue that they are acutely aware of. He's been 86'd from Stocks multiple times for acting like a douche/tough guy. I love Mike as a player and would hate to see him leave, but I've also witnessed his ridiculous antics downtown (and, no, it wasn't personally involving me, so I have no beef with him), so I can understand why its become an issue.

R0705 said:
Heard a couple of recruits were visiting this weekend. any idea who?

I heard a big recruit was in this weekend from Louisville, Kentucky. Don't have a name, though. Maybe this will give others something to go on to get more information.

AllWeatherFan said:
Wait, so that whole "2 players leaving" thing was just a rumor? On eGriz? Impossihes!
It was not a rumor. It pretty much happened then was saved by the player and Wayne. It was 95% done.. But hes back and should play.

Back