• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Reese Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
What was his passing percentages in the spring scrimmages? How many interceptions did he throw? Did BG throw any interceptions? Phillips was probably playing behind the second team o-line at least some of the time.
Refer to BG stats in his last game.

I know BG stats are. I don't know what Phillips stats were in the scrimmage, other than that he threw a bunch of picks. What do you feel you need to be a dick on this, Kem? It's a simple question. Somebody must recall the basic stats for him in spring ball.

EverettGriz said:
do any of you worry about continuity within the team with all the new guys?

With what I'm seeing and hearing this summer? Not a bit. And truth be told, I believe it helps having Ty gone. I think his presence created division in the locker room last year.

I think the Griz could develop problems by having so many new players and letting so many go. That may not occur, bit if there ever was a year with that danger, it's this year. Anyone who actually played the game would know that. Most of the stuff being posted about TG is total BS.

1972 said:
poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:

With what I'm seeing and hearing this summer? Not a bit. And truth be told, I believe it helps having Ty gone. I think his presence created division in the locker room last year.

First time I've heard that. Ya, I've heard from a bunch of you now that Ty's gone..... that he sucked and was holding your defense back, but everything I've seen from all the current and ex griz players is that they all absolutely loved him. If you're saying that there were differences between the defense and the offense, go ahead and follow ANY division 1 team in the country during Fall camp. I promise you, without a doubt, every single one of them will have fights between the offense and defense during practice. Secondly, every D1 team in the country is telling the world that Summer workouts are going awesome and team chemistry is kick ass right now. What else are they going to say, post, tweet, etc???

I can't remember how many years Ty coached here, but in reality very few of his former players responded and supported him. Whether you want to believe it or not, sugar coat it what ever, it's the facts. Time will tell how he works out for you, rumor has it he's already caused a couple of situations that don't build chemistry. He's coached a lot of kids here, I was actually surprised he didn't have more support from former players.

Virtually everyone of TG's ex-players supported him. Almost all of the NFL guys responded with tweets of support when he left UM. 72, you have no clue what you are talking about on this one.

SoldierGriz said:
poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:

First time I've heard that. Ya, I've heard from a bunch of you now that Ty's gone..... that he sucked and was holding your defense back, but everything I've seen from all the current and ex griz players is that they all absolutely loved him. If you're saying that there were differences between the defense and the offense, go ahead and follow ANY division 1 team in the country during Fall camp. I promise you, without a doubt, every single one of them will have fights between the offense and defense during practice. Secondly, every D1 team in the country is telling the world that Summer workouts are going awesome and team chemistry is kick ass right now. What else are they going to say, post, tweet, etc???

Look, you guys own the train wreck now. For someone here as often as you - I am certain you've seen posts about issues and tg in the locker room. I have absolutely zero personal info about it...but plenty has been posted about it. You guys seem to be embracing him, which you should. If choate can keep loane from choking tg out, your defense will improve. It cannot possibly get worse...

Most of the negative comments about TG on egriz are bogus. Mostly anonymous no-nothings spewing crap about things they know nothing about.

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Look, you guys own the train wreck now. For someone here as often as you - I am certain you've seen posts about issues and tg in the locker room. I have absolutely zero personal info about it...but plenty has been posted about it. You guys seem to be embracing him, which you should. If choate can keep loane from choking tg out, your defense will improve. It cannot possibly get worse...

Most of the negative comments about TG on egriz are bogus. Mostly anonymous no-nothings spewing crap about things they know nothing about.

That's cute PR. Do you hold his hair for him when he is puking too?

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
poorgriz said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
What was his passing percentages in the spring scrimmages? How many interceptions did he throw? Did BG throw any interceptions? Phillips was probably playing behind the second team o-line at least some of the time.

I know BG stats are. I don't know what Phillips stats were in the scrimmage, other than that he threw a bunch of picks. What do you feel you need to be a dick on this, Kem? It's a simple question. Somebody must recall the basic stats for him in spring ball.
Stats in a spring scrimmage are as meaningful as stats in a playoff game, right? Everyone that doesn't follow your narrative is a dick, so I'm pretty normal.

When he was in Billings, Stitt emphasized over and over how he now had one team, not two and that this was a big difference maker (implying the polarization by TG). That and that we now had our full contingent of 35 WRs. Later, pointing to our lack of success on the road, I asked what it was going to take to reverse that trend, since our tough games this year are on the road. Same answer, team chemistry will be the key to winning on the road. Huh, that's it? I don't know who's buying that, but it ain't me. What's that worth, a point a game? With the exception of the (no defense) MSU game, he has yet to produce an offense that performs on the road, capable of beating a good team.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

I think the Griz could develop problems by having so many new players and letting so many go. That may not occur, bit if there ever was a year with that danger, it's this year. Anyone who actually played the game would know that. Most of the stuff being posted about TG is total BS.

Why is it every time pr posts, I get a mental image of Jerry Lewis turning to the Douchiness Tote Board to watch the level raise to a new all time high?

But go ahead and douche it up, pr. It's for the kids!!

kemajic said:
When he was in Billings, Stitt emphasized over and over how he now had one team, not two and that this was a big difference maker (implying the polarization by TG). That and that we now had our full contingent of 35 WRs. Later, pointing to our lack of success on the road, I asked what it was going to take to reverse that trend, since our tough games this year are on the road. Same answer, team chemistry will be the key to winning on the road. Huh, that's it? I don't know who's buying that, but it ain't me. What's that worth, a point a game? With the exception of the (no defense) MSU game, he has yet to produce an offense that performs on the road, capable of beating a good team.

Away game performance is Stitt's responsibility for sure. But, the issue for the Program began before his tenure...winning on the road has challenged the team for several years if I'm not mistaken. They need to turn the corner on this.

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
poorgriz said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: PR = stalker.

kemajic said:

I still think TG was pissed that he didn't get the head coaching job when Delaney left, which caused him to resent Stitt, and thus the division on the team. The only reason that Playa Rape likes TG is that he was the only coach who didn't run the other way when he saw PR coming, and PR probably was politicking to get him the head job after he knew Hauck wouldn't be re-hired.

PlayerRep said:
1972 said:
poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:

I can't remember how many years Ty coached here, but in reality very few of his former players responded and supported him. Whether you want to believe it or not, sugar coat it what ever, it's the facts. Time will tell how he works out for you, rumor has it he's already caused a couple of situations that don't build chemistry. He's coached a lot of kids here, I was actually surprised he didn't have more support from former players.

Virtually everyone of TG's ex-players supported him. Almost all of the NFL guys responded with tweets of support when he left UM. 72, you have no clue what you are talking about on this one.

Who cares if "his players" supported him? Coaching is not a personality contest. TG was not D-coordinator material. He might have been a good position coach, but even that is up for conjecture. But I know he was incapable of designing a solid defensive plan, allowed his players to free-lance on plays instead of staying in their assignments (remember him telling us that he would use Tripp like troy Palumalo (sp)?), and could not make game-time adjustments to stop what the opposing offense was doing.

kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:
Seriously Growler/AZ/SeattleGriz/47otherbandnames?!?!? I mean, you post stupid shit dozens of times a day. But are you actually suggesting that a DI head football coach -- whose job depends on winning -- will not play his best quarterback due to pride after talking up his number one QB??
Glenn didn't play his best QB in '01 (reasons other than pride), but oops, won the NC anyhow. Defense, defense.

Kem, I agree 100%. I loved Glenn, but it really pissed me off that he didn't play Neil instead of Edwards, especially in that Bobcat loss, where Edwards went like 1-20 passing the ball, played hurt, and essentially cost us the game. Then Joe made matters worse by making some stupid statement about "we had to lose to them eventually".

Neil was the better QB, and showed it every time he got into the game.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Stats in a spring scrimmage are as meaningful as stats in a playoff game, right? Everyone that doesn't follow your narrative is a dick, so I'm pretty normal.

Agreed that spring scrimmage stats are not as meaningful as a playoff games. However, BG's stats in a playoff game have absolutely nothing to do with Phillips' stats in the spring scrimmages. That was my question. What were they? I was making no comparison between quarterbacks.

A better way to phrase your next sentence would be: "Why do some posters, like myself (i.e. Kem), turn into dicks when responding to PR's posts?"

I have never cared whether anyone agreed with me. On my point about asking about Phillips' stats, how does one disagree with a question about what the stats were?

Atlanta Griz1 said:
PlayerRep said:
1972 said:
poorgriz said:

Who cares if "his players" supported him? Coaching is not a personality contest. TG was not D-coordinator material. He might have been a good position coach, but even that is up for conjecture. But I know he was incapable of designing a solid defensive plan, allowed his players to free-lance on plays instead of staying in their assignments (remember him telling us that he would use Tripp like troy Palumalo (sp)?), and could not make game-time adjustments to stop what the opposing offense was doing.

Many people care about whether players support coaches, just like they would care if players didn't support coaches.

In the case of my post on the subject, I was merely correcting incorrect information of another poster.

TG and his assistants created many good defensive plans. That's one of the reason why the UM defense was at or near the top of the conference for the years he was the DC, especially the last 2 years.

TG did not allow his players to freelance. I asked him and the other coaches that question point blank. In the case of Tripp, Tripp was talented and athletic enough to play multiple positions. That gave UM the ability to line him up in multiple places on various defenses. He was not encouraged to free lance on his own. He had assignments on every play.

Why do you know so little about defense, football and Griz football? Are you going to keep telling us that Canada didn't average over 5 yards per carry for his career?

CV Griz Fan said:
Htowngriz said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Look at the stats for every QB NDSU faced in that playoff run.

You mean all QBs that faced NDSU threw four picks, a 50% completion percentage and a 4.8 yard average? Whew! I was worried for a minute.....

NIU QB: 10/16, 101 yards, 1 td, 0 int, 6.3 ypa
Richmond QB: 12/26, 171 yards, 1 td, 2 int, 6.6 ypa
Jacksonville QB: 7/20, 57 yards, 0 td, 2 int, 2.8 ypa

So yah... his point is pretty valid

CV Griz Fan said:
Htowngriz said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Look at the stats for every QB NDSU faced in that playoff run.

You mean all QBs that faced NDSU threw four picks, a 50% completion percentage and a 4.8 yard average? Whew! I was worried for a minute.....

NIU QB: 10/16, 101 yards, 1 td, 0 int, 6.3 ypa
Richmond QB: 12/26, 171 yards, 1 td, 2 int, 6.6 ypa
Jacksonville QB: 7/20, 57 yards, 0 td, 2 int, 2.8 ypa

So yah... his point is pretty valid

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

I know it's right since you are defending him so much. I love the comments from former players about TG, heard another one today from a realtor in Missoula.

You are completely in the dark on this one yet again

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kemajic said:
Exactly the truth, TG divided and wrecked chemistry like nobody I have ever seen.

Fact

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back