• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rob Ash Fired

Spanky said:
I don't understand why some of you are down on Bobby. All he did at UM was to win games for us. He is one of the best coaches in the history of UM and I have seen more of them than most of you.
The only thing we're down on is his relationship with MSU

Buying Ash out of a 3 year contract? There goes the Montana taxpayer's dollars! What friggin' joke!

AD giving an extension to a guy who gets fired months later makes me wonder about his abilities too

Where's Pflu hanging out these days? Is it conceivable he would apply for the job?

Most likely too close to the off the field problems at either school to be considered.

go4two said:
Buying Ash out of a 3 year contract? There goes the Montana taxpayer's dollars! What friggin' joke!
Man you just fit dUMb to a T... All Ash is owed is through June, his contract was a rolling one that renewed every year.

It was a 3 year extension that could be renegotiated yearly following each season. They would not be out a 3 year buy back, but only one. I'm guessing it will still run MSU about 200k

Wow, did not see this coming if true. I know the last couple of years were tough but what is his record at MSU like 70 -38 total and 48 - 23 in conference with the current season being the only losing season he had? Figured he had a year or two based on the contract extension he just got!!

SeattleBobcat said:
go4two said:
Man you just fit dUMb to a T... All Ash is owed is through June, his contract was a rolling one that renewed every year.

No matter the amount, It's still a burden to the Montana tax payers for a mediocre football program.

alabamagrizzly said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Bobby Hauck is already packing his stuff in San Diego
Why, did he get fired too?

Apparently he misses the actual physical changing of the seasons and someone overheard him say that he would puke the next time he saw a palm tree with Christmas lights....

SeattleBobcat said:
go4two said:

So those of us that don't know the inner workings of the msu football coach's contract are dumb?

go4two said:
SeattleBobcat said:
go4two said:

No matter the amount, It's still a burden to the Montana tax payers for a mediocre football program.

You do get that MSU does not owe him anything past his current contract....

grizindabox said:
go4two said:
SeattleBobcat said:
go4two said:

Which according to SeattleBobkitty, is through the end of spring. Which means the taxpayers will end up paying him for being at home for 6 months? Am I off base here?

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1kvJpDdZPBMJE audio feed of the press conference

go4two said:
grizindabox said:
go4two said:
SeattleBobcat said:

Which according to SeattleBobkitty, is through the end of spring. Which means the taxpayers will end up paying him for being at home for 6 months? Am I off base here?

Should they keep him until June? If a worker is under contract, when you fire him you either pay him until the contract is up or negotiate a buyout....pretty standard stuff...

84GRIZ said:
Wow, did not see this coming if true. I know the last couple of years were tough but what is his record at MSU like 70 -38 total and 48 - 23 in conference with the current season being the only losing season he had? Figured he had a year or two based on the contract extension he just got!!
I am surprised as well. Ash's overall record is very positive on the wins, and he kept the kids and coach's out of trouble. There hasn't been a single murder on his watch.

Ash isn't ordinarily the kind of coach you fire (or "retire" early). What this results from is losing to the Griz three games in a row. It also results from a near-psychopathic fan base that has themselves convinced that "they" are an elite program and that it is just the darn coaches and players that keep letting them down. The Cat "program" is the worst case of "projection" in all of college football. The fanbase has one perception of what they are; the reality produces a different view. Ash is their voodoo doll and they are vicious abut sticking the pins in.

It sends quite a message to recruits and to the next coach and coaching staff. If I was a college coach, and had a prospect of applying, I would think twice about applying to MSU. I would have to note that the major opponent the coach faces isn't opposing teams, it's the "fans."

Back