• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

South Dakota State Forum

Yeah, it's a little cranky at sdsufans.com, but mainly it's just a couple of guys. They've got their reasons, I guess. Usually, it's a pretty friendly place. Somebody will start a pre-game thread soon and we'll get to talking about the game instead of that buyout stuff. I would encourage you guys to visit and post. Some of us really do want to know what we should be looking for from Montana Saturday.

and there are SDSU fans such as these...

Cowbell said:
Not all people who are ardent Jackrabbit fans hold Montana in contempt. 17 straight years of making the playoffs is a tremendous accomplishment. Look forward to Saturday's game.

JimmyJack said:
They've got a full, 27,000 seat stadium every week no matter who they play.

I'm happy we get Montana in the first round. No contempt from me. I'd like to beat the Griz. Simple as that.

I think our style of play matches up well with them. And playing the top seed works with the chip Danny Batten and the defense carry around on their shoulders.

sfjacksfan99 said:
The people who like that we've drawn Montana are nuts. I would take about 4 of the other options before them, the other two BSC or the two from the Southland come to mind.

That being said, they are not invincible, but they're damn good. All facets of the team are going to have to come to play. Win or go home. That should be enough motivation for anyone.

JackFan96 said:
Thanks, Griz. Could be an ugly week for you on the board the way it's started out.

EQguy said:
There is no rule that you have to schedule an FBS game. Montana doesn't need the money so why would they.

Fact is they won the conference that got 3 teams into the playoffs. Who was our best win? UNI?

I would have loved to see the Jacks host a game or have a better matchup but the FCS playoffs are only run a step above the DII playoffs. We are always going to be close to Montana, we better get used to playing there now.

it seems they have a couple loudmouths that think they speak for the masses... :eek:

There is a huuuuuge difference between not honoring a contract, as they accuse the Griz of doing, and executing the buyout clause of a contract.

It looks like it was home-home-away deal, with each team given an opt-out option. 2/3 of the way through the contract, Montana executed the buy-out, like the original parties AGREED to. I don't know the specifics, but the Jackrabbits got at least $50,000 from the Griz -- probably more.

If they didn't like the terms, they shouldn't have agreed to them in the first place.

reed rothchild said:
There is a huuuuuge difference between not honoring a contract, as they accuse the Griz of doing, and executing the buyout clause of a contract.

It looks like it was home-home-away deal, with each team given an opt-out option. 2/3 of the way through the contract, Montana executed the buy-out, like the original parties AGREED to. I don't know the specifics, but the Jackrabbits got at least $50,000 from the Griz -- probably more.

If they didn't like the terms, they shouldn't have agreed to them in the first place.

Ancient history. I don't think anybody's saying Montana didn't honor the contract. The reason it hurt so much for us was that was during transition when we were desperate for decent home games.

Honestly, I can't remember the details. It really doesn't matter at this point. What matters is we're playing on Saturday in the playoffs. Most Jacks fans are pretty excited to be playing Montana.

jimmyjack said:
reed rothchild said:

Ancient history. I don't think anybody's saying Montana didn't honor the contract. The reason it hurt so much for us was that was during transition when we were desperate for decent home games.

Honestly, I can't remember the details. It really doesn't matter at this point. What matters is we're playing on Saturday in the playoffs. Most Jacks fans are pretty excited to be playing Montana.

This might be the only decent guy on their board. Are you coming over to Missoula? You may just have 21,000 fans buying you a beer since it seems to be that you're the only one.

My guess would be they probably get this all the time from their conference rivals:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCI18qAoKq4[/youtube]

I have a song for them over there.................its probably the best song ever.

See you towards the end of the week.

:cool:

albinogriz said:
grizaremoregooder said:
The one glaring fact that sticks out to me is they have a Freshmen quarterback (me thinks) :eek: -he will have that "dear in the headlights look coming out of the North Endzone.

Actually..... It's the playoffs...... Any part of the field they're on is going to be extremely hostile towards those bunnies.

"Come on in little rabbit just don't trip the stick on your way into the box." :twisted:
Remember, it is Thanksgiving weekend. We will be lucky to get 19,000 in the stadium.

According to the Missoulian, this is their first playoff appearance at the FCS level and only their second since 1979 at any level...

And they are talking sh*t???

Please!!! To get respect, you have to earn it! We won more playoff games on the ROAD last year than they have won in 30 years! :roll:

GO GRIZ! Looks like we need a menu change on the tailgate grill this weekend... :D

Anybody over here using "GRIZ MONSTER" as a name on Egriz?

That's the name being used over there that's the target of the SDSU attacks -- no other montanans except a Jack fan who lives in Butte who seems like a decent guy and finally told ZOOroper or whatever it is to shut up. If you're Griz Monster over there, who are you over here? And do you have yet another name for the NDSU board? Some bison joined the frolic

I think I'm going over for some fun... I have some knowledge about the jacks.

The reaction of fans on the South Dakota State forum is no different than you'd find on a lot of other FCS sites. Their contempt is pretty obvious and much of it has to do with what they percieve as a bully program fattening up on easy pickings in a conference that doesn't warrant - in their eyes - much of any reputation. There is also suspicion about a UM program that protects its pristine won-loss records by refusing to take on any FBS programs. For some in Griznation, the negatism will be a real shock, but it's probably time to wake up and smell the coffee. The Griz are not universally loved - or respected. Sure we pulled out of a game with SDSU, but they haven't been the only ones we bailed on. Ask Cal Poly.

LakGriz said:
Anybody over here using "GRIZ MONSTER" as a name on Egriz?

That's the name being used over there that's the target of the SDSU attacks -- no other montanans except a Jack fan who lives in Butte who seems like a decent guy and finally told ZOOroper or whatever it is to shut up. If you're Griz Monster over there, who are you over here? And do you have yet another name for the NDSU board? Some bison joined the frolic

I think I'm going over for some fun... I have some knowledge about the jacks.

I'm not promising anything about being a decent guy, I've just had to deal with griz fans for about five years now. Turns out they are pretty passionate about their team, but also tend to be good people, who'd a thought. I've also had the pleasure of enlightening many griz fans about SDSU. Many have also started following the team, or at least looking at the scores.

I have watched every jacks game this year except the the Minnesota and cal poly game. Our game vs SIU was the worst I have seen us play in a long time. Just plain sloppy. Obviously SIU is good and had something to do with it, but we just made stupid mistakes also. Center snapped when QB was audibaling, bad punt snap, just things that dont usually happen.

I'm actually excited about this game, mainly because I will get to watch it in person. (first since the last time SDSU was in Missoula). Yes I was pissed about the buyout by UM. I knew it meant the end of SDSU coming out to montana, which meant I might not see anymore SDSU games for quite a while, but I also realize that FANS have nothing to do with that. That is what I had a problem with on the SDSU site. I have also watched many Griz games (forced at gunpoint ;) ) and believe this will be a very good game.

Also, if we lose its going to cost me a lot of booze to local griz fans. Go Jacks

Rabbit3467

griz8791 said:
My guess would be they probably get this all the time from their conference rivals:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCI18qAoKq4[/youtube]

I love that one. Usually we get a lot of photos of dogs/bears/cats eating rabbits. Do real grizzlies even bother with rabbits? Jackrabbits and grizzly bears probably don't occupy the same habitat much. Seems like it would take about 40 bunnies to make a meal for a 9' grizzly bear.

my favorite quote from their board.. "Fear the RABBIT!!!" Oh, trust me, I do fear the rabbit...popping my tire when I run it over.

kemajic said:
They're pissy like Bobcat fans; they have similar success against us.

1969 UM 58; SDSU 0
1970 UM 24: SDSU 0
1988 UM 41; SDSU 16
1993 UM 52; SDSU 48
2005 UM 7; SDSU 0
2006 UM 36; SDSU 7

I guess they think they don't have to earn respect.

While they haven't beaten UM, I still think they've earned some respect...

They played us 4 times as a less than Div 1-AA/FCS level school, hence less scholarships than UM, and yet still narrowly missed beating UM IN 1993. They became a Div 1-AA school in 2004 and nearly beat UM in Missoula in 2005. In fact they tied that game with a TD pass near the end of regulation but the TD pass was called back and UM thankfully ran out the clock. Now in 2009 they are a fully scholarshiped FCS team and ranked #11 in the country, we'll be facing a VERY, VERY good team. SDSU has my respect.

GO GRIZ

griz8791 said:
I'm guessing (1) zooropa doesn't travel to Missoula for the game; (2) nobody offers him a beer if he does travel to the game, and (3) he wouldn't accept a beer from any of us anyway.

Dear Griz fans,

I will drink your beer.

Benne

benne said:
griz8791 said:
I'm guessing (1) zooropa doesn't travel to Missoula for the game; (2) nobody offers him a beer if he does travel to the game, and (3) he wouldn't accept a beer from any of us anyway.

Dear Griz fans,

I will drink your beer.

Benne

Benne's not stupid. :cool:

Back