• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

South Dakota State Forum

drizzit said:
grizaremoregooder said:
The one glaring fact that sticks out to me is they have a Freshmen quarterback (me thinks) :eek: -he will have that "dear in the headlights look coming out of the North Endzone.

WHy?

he just played in front of way more people at Minnesota.

I was at that game. The atmosphere was pathetic. Probably about 1/4 as loud as it will be on Saturday.

Their D looks really tough. Batten is a stud. O'Brien did not impress me at all I think we can force some turnovers.

This was an interesting post on the Jackrabbits fan site:

SD-STATE said:
Like what was said before, everybody hates Goliath. The hatred of some can be expected, they buy-out of the return trip ranks up there, for me the most annoying was the fake punt for a first down, late in the fourth quarter, with the game well in hand by the Griz last time we were out there. Maybe it was retribution by the Griz, because of the game the year before, where we all know, especially the Griz, if it were not for some missed oppurtunities, the Jacks would have won the game, instead a 7-0 loss. (if that is not poor sentence structure, I don't know what is.) What's in the past, is in the past.

I don't think we will be intimidated at all by the Griz's record or crowd. We've played a tough schedule and have played in front of a big crowd already with the Gopher game. Although, I've been to the Griz stadium and that is certainly tough. The weather will be fine for us. I actually think there could have been worse draws. They might have an edge in speed, but I don't believe they will run us off the field like some teams have hurt us. It will be a battle, they Jacks have faired pretty well when faced with similiar situations in the recent past. It wasn't too long ago when the Jacks took out a team with the same "lofty" status and even higher aspirations. That team of course was going to a FBS bowl game since they weren't playoff eligible. We all know how that turned out.

I remember the last game. The clock was winding down. We had the ball. After a 3rd down stop, the SDSU coach calls a time-out. So, we did a fake punt on 4th down. Their coach accused us of running up the score.

When asked about it later, Bobby Hauck says, "we were ready to end the game, but when they called time-out, we figured that they wanted to play more." It was a classic.

Am I remembering the right game?

That's it. Now that you remind me, their coach's anger at the time would tend to corroborate zooropa's claim that there is as much hate inside their athletic department as on their fan board.

I remember that and I thought it was a tacky call on Bobby's part, for this very reason (and I said so on this board at the time): You don't want to give any team extra motivation to beat you, especially in the playoffs. Don Read would have never pulled a stunt like that. So they called a time-out. Big deal. Rise above, grow some thick skin and and punt the ball. Then go out and shake their hands after you finish kicking their ass.

I don't think Bobby would do that now. It's all part of the learning process.

drizzit said:
grizaremoregooder said:
The one glaring fact that sticks out to me is they have a Freshmen quarterback (me thinks) :eek: -he will have that "dear in the headlights look coming out of the North Endzone.

WHy?

he just played in front of way more people at Minnesota.
How many people? I doubt it was that many more, and that was a below average FBS team with not much pride, that was playing a team from a lower division. Do you think there fan's were as ramped up for that game as our fans will be for this one? I'll have to check on the official attendance that was at that game.

TheBud said:
This was an interesting post on the Jackrabbits fan site:

SD-STATE said:
Like what was said before, everybody hates Goliath. The hatred of some can be expected, they buy-out of the return trip ranks up there, for me the most annoying was the fake punt for a first down, late in the fourth quarter, with the game well in hand by the Griz last time we were out there. Maybe it was retribution by the Griz, because of the game the year before, where we all know, especially the Griz, if it were not for some missed oppurtunities, the Jacks would have won the game, instead a 7-0 loss. (if that is not poor sentence structure, I don't know what is.) What's in the past, is in the past.

I don't think we will be intimidated at all by the Griz's record or crowd. We've played a tough schedule and have played in front of a big crowd already with the Gopher game. Although, I've been to the Griz stadium and that is certainly tough. The weather will be fine for us. I actually think there could have been worse draws. They might have an edge in speed, but I don't believe they will run us off the field like some teams have hurt us. It will be a battle, they Jacks have faired pretty well when faced with similiar situations in the recent past. It wasn't too long ago when the Jacks took out a team with the same "lofty" status and even higher aspirations. That team of course was going to a FBS bowl game since they weren't playoff eligible. We all know how that turned out.

I remember the last game. The clock was winding down. We had the ball. After a 3rd down stop, the SDSU coach calls a time-out. So, we did a fake punt on 4th down. Their coach accused us of running up the score.

When asked about it later, Bobby Hauck says, "we were ready to end the game, but when they called time-out, we figured that they wanted to play more." It was a classic.

Am I remembering the right game?

I dont rember that game, but bobby did it this year. I think it was against weber. the game was in hand and they called a time out. next play was a fade to mariani for 25. right when they called the time out, I looked at the people sitting around me and said. I would throw it. they called the time out, make them pay. I was jacked when they did it. You called the time out, expect us to keep playing.

I think more SDSU fans respect us than hate us. They want bygones to be bygones & like us, want to see a good football game on the field. http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=9113

AllWeatherFan said:
I remember that and I thought it was a tacky call on Bobby's part, for this very reason (and I said so on this board at the time): You don't want to give any team extra motivation to beat you, especially in the playoffs. Don Read would have never pulled a stunt like that. So they called a time-out. Big deal. Rise above, grow some thick skin and and punt the ball. Then go out and shake their hands after you finish kicking their ass.

I don't think Bobby would do that now. It's all part of the learning process.

BS that Don Read would never have pulled a "stunt" like that. If they call time-out with only a few seconds remaining and you are up by more than 2 scores, then they obviously want to play more.

Why give them a chance to put more points on the board? Pride? If the shoe was on the other foot, I would expect no less.

It is a cruel world. Get over it.

Screw the Jack fans they are mostly assholes that want to talk smack about our team and dont want any opposition.

Looks like they are pretty thin skinned over there. Alpha already got the boot, and he wasn't even warmed up yet. Whatever.

Yeah, Re/Max and Titleless need to apply to work over there!

They would fit right in letting that zoo guy run his mouth about our program for 2 days and I say one thing in a thread and get banned until Sun. Oh well I will just add it to my tally.

(Currently at 43 now on 7 different boards)

They wouldn't have me.. AGS won't have me either. I've not been appointed to the FCS Moderator Czar panel by Obama yet..

Latest posts

Back