• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

South Dakota State Jackrabbits scouting report

if you punch the bunnies in the mouth, they will fall over & eat their own feces.

Why? they are called cecotropes and that is what rabbits eat; there are nutrients in the cecotropes (called cecals for short) that the rabbit gets when they eat them, much like how a cow chews its cud

BWahlberg said:
ITS GONNA BE COLD

It's actually supposed to be quite nice on saturday.(if this was a play on the classic "wagriz is cold and loud," please ignore) :mrgreen:

havgrizfan said:
Good lord the Griz need an indoor practice facility.

If I recall correctly, that's one of the next goals for facilities after the champions center is built.

get em' it is next on the football priority list, but not the athletic department as a whole. Next BIG money project the department is hoping to do is a complete re-do of the bowels of the Adams Center, in particular, when the football team moves out and the weight rooms are moved out, to create state of the art locker rooms, offices and team rooms for both basketball program's, as well as to completely overhaul the medical/training facility. Basically, to remodel everything you never see in the Adams Center to essentially match the Champions Center.

havgrizfan said:
get em' it is next on the football priority list, but not the athletic department as a whole. Next BIG money project the department is hoping to do is a complete re-do of the bowels of the Adams Center, in particular, when the football team moves out and the weight rooms are moved out, to create state of the art locker rooms, offices and team rooms for both basketball program's, as well as to completely overhaul the medical/training facility. Basically, to remodel everything you never see in the Adams Center to essentially match the Champions Center.

:thumb: bingo

BWahlberg said:
havgrizfan said:

:thumb: bingo

Good to know! Our facilities are going to be top-notch once we get everything completed! :thumb:

bgbigdog said:
THE HERD said:
grizindabox said:
THE HERD said:
Your DE Holmes should have a career day in this one.....probably 4 or more sacks and constantly in the backfield. Griz win by 14......See ya in Fargo!!

If they can be successful getting them into passing situations...

The Jacks running game is no where near what it was the last few years with Zenner gone......their back now is a hard nose runner, but does not have that extra gear that Zenner was equipped with and he is smaller too if memory serves me right. ZZ was a solid 220 and could fly!

Neither did the cat back, but managed to put up nearly a hundo on this defense. I'm more concerned about the passing side of the offense.

I would agree with you in that the key is to not let Weineke get going, because he is a hell of a reciever and pretty much their entire passing attack. NDSU did a great job of completely shutting him down, but we have one hell of a good CB in CJ Smith, who enabled us to do that. Smith is the corner that could not play against you guys, due to injury and it really showed. We needed him in a bad way against the size and speed you guys have at the wideout position.

havgrizfan said:

Don't disagree, but didn't Coach Boal(sp) at NDSU attribute part of the Bison success to the fact that they practiced outdoors in the elements?

Being tough in the cold is important, of course being tough and smart in the cold is more important. Ask CCU about that. :x

SDSU definitely is not a typical first round opponent coming into WaGriz.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is how well coached they are. Stieglemeier always has his teams ready to play good, sound fundamental football. We certainly won't see the defensive break-downs that ewoo and the cats showed. We're going to have to be that much better to beat this team.

EverettGriz said:
SDSU definitely is not a typical first round opponent coming into WaGriz.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is how well coached they are. Stieglemeier always has his teams ready to play good, sound fundamental football. We certainly won't see the defensive break-downs that ewoo and the cats showed. We're going to have to be that much better to beat this team.

Agreed, these guys are well coached and not coming into the playoffs wide-eyed and inexperienced.

bgbigdog said:
THE HERD said:
grizindabox said:
THE HERD said:
Your DE Holmes should have a career day in this one.....probably 4 or more sacks and constantly in the backfield. Griz win by 14......See ya in Fargo!!

The Jacks running game is no where near what it was the last few years with Zenner gone......their back now is a hard nose runner, but does not have that extra gear that Zenner was equipped with and he is smaller too if memory serves me right. ZZ was a solid 220 and could fly!

Neither did the cat back, but managed to put up nearly a hundo on this defense. I'm more concerned about the passing side of the offense.

How many of those yards did he get after the game was out of hand?

SaskGriz said:
havgrizfan said:

Don't disagree, but didn't Coach Boal(sp) at NDSU attribute part of the Bison success to the fact that they practiced outdoors in the elements?

Being tough in the cold is important, of course being tough and smart in the cold is more important. Ask CCU about that. :x
I agree completely.

Here's an article from the SDSU sports reporter with AJ breaking down the Griz. Something to pass the time.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/mattzimmer/2015/11/25/opponent-report-montana-grizzlies/76376586/

AZGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:
THE HERD said:
grizindabox said:

We're debating just how great this run defense is? I thought we were done with that.

AZGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:
THE HERD said:
grizindabox said:

At halftime when the Griz were up 37-14, Chad Newell only had 15 rushing yards in the 1st half. So the other 77 yards came like you said when the game was out of reach.

get'em_griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:
THE HERD said:

At halftime when the Griz were up 37-14, Chad Newell only had 15 rushing yards in the 1st half. So the other 77 yards came like you said when the game was out of reach.

I think there were about 10 minutes left in the game when we scored and were an extra point away from making it a one possession game..... so I don't know that the game was technically out of reach at that point, but that may have nothing to do with what you're talking about. Just trying to be helpful. :thumb:

poor....we went conservative in the 2nd half. Otherwise, we would have scored another 3 touchdowns against what was called a defense.

get'em_griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:
THE HERD said:

How many rushing attempts from Newell have in the first half?

That answer makes a big difference

Back