• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

South Dakota State Jackrabbits scouting report

FCSwatcher said:
get'em_griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:
Neither did the cat back, but managed to put up nearly a hundo on this defense. I'm more concerned about the passing side of the offense.

How many of those yards did he get after the game was out of hand?

At halftime when the Griz were up 37-14, Chad Newell only had 15 rushing yards in the 1st half. So the other 77 yards came like you said when the game was out of reach.

How many rushing attempts from Newell have in the first half?

That answer makes a big difference

3 in the first half.

poorgriz said:
I think there were about 10 minutes left in the game when we scored and were an extra point away from making it a one possession game..... so I don't know that the game was technically out of reach at that point, but that may have nothing to do with what you're talking about. Just trying to be helpful. :thumb:
BWAHAHAAAA!
poorcats, thanks for reminding me of this. What in the fuck was ol Ronald thinking? I was sitting there watching them line up to go for 2 and I was like, "this has got to be one of their goofy pre-snap gimmicks, right....they're not really going to snap it, right?" Why in the hell did he think they had to go for 2 there? What a dipshit. Might have been the last dumb mistake he made as a Cat. I think we had a thread earlier this year about how Ronny sucks at "math", even worse than VA. Sucking at "math" probably doesn't bode well for a HC at an "engineering" school.

If he wants to roll the dice like that, why not make it a one-possession game and kick an onside kick? How many onside kicks did the cats attempt this year in the third quarter of games? I know they had the most (total onside kicks) in the conference.

I think the cats' colors are Blue and [pure comedy] Gold.

Man, I am going to miss that dipshit.

Why in the hell did he think they had to go for 2 there? What a dipshit. Might have been the last dumb mistake he made as a Cat.

He did that a LOT this year, going for two when the math clearly would say "kick it". I took it as one of many signs of desperation out of him and his staff this season.

EverettGriz said:
Why in the hell did he think they had to go for 2 there? What a dipshit. Might have been the last dumb mistake he made as a Cat.

He did that a LOT this year, going for two when the math clearly would say "kick it". I took it as one of many signs of desperation out of him and his staff this season.
well, glad that is cleared up. I was crunching numbers during that time and was wondering the same thing. I just assumed the MSU HC was smarter than me about ....er....well....MATH! Glad I wasn't already crazy.

TV announcer claimed teams that resorted to "trickeration" were doomed to begin with.

Trickeration is a term (word) I had not known about. However a trick play can work very well if a team has not used one all season. We are due.... but we probably need to beat these guys straight up!

Umista said:
TV announcer claimed teams that resorted to "trickeration" were doomed to begin with.

Trickeration is a term (word) I had not known about. However a trick play can work very well if a team has not used one all season. We are due.... but we probably need to beat these guys straight up!
Have to agree that a steady diet of "trickeration" is most likely a sign of desperation ... and almost certainly doomed to failure, in the long run. Most "trick" plays are relatively low-percentage plays and depend upon fooling the opponent just enough for them to work.

For me, the classic example is the BSU-Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl (2007). Despite a reputation for trick plays, the Broncos played OK pretty much straight up most of the way. In the end, they ran like three trick plays, but -- because they had played mostly conventional football the rest of the game -- those plays worked. And even then, as several "experts" pointed out, the had to be executed to near-perfection.

Back